PDA

View Full Version : Transporting

CanAm500
02-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I just remembered that I was going to ask; When taking your firearm from your house to the range, do you need to bring your green registration papers with you?

During the firearm trainning they didnt say anything like that, and then we get stopped at a check stop and the officer says "Do you have your registration papers with you?"

ex bc guide
02-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Whenever you trasport a firearm you are required to have the regerstration papers with you.
Mike

02-04-2006, 10:23 PM
do you need to bring your green registration papers with you?

Which green papers are you referring to? Ex bc guide is right, you are required to carry pals and certs although l have never been asked to produce and have never heard of anyone else in BC being asked either. But it is the law till the Harper and crew give the long rifle registration the boot!!

CanAm500
02-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah my dad always carries his PAL with him, just this officer asked for the papers you get when you register a gun from Mirmarichi....

3kills
02-04-2006, 11:53 PM
green papers mine are yellowy brown i think...and u are suppose to have them with u but chances are if u get pulled over by the cops they arent going to ask to see it....

bsa30-06
02-05-2006, 12:15 AM
I've been stopped in 2 road blocks with my rifles in there cases on the back seat of the truck and never asked for my reg papers or my pal, and my papers are a yellowy/brown color like 3kills.

Steeleco
02-05-2006, 11:09 AM
I photocopied the originals and used mylar tape to laminate the copies, even went to the bother of stamping "copy" on the back (work supplied!!!) I have sets in all kinds of places, but like 416 said I've never been asked to show them once!!! My range requires that all documentation be with the shooter, but I believe that may be a federal requirement??

Jager
02-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Do you guys cut up the reg. papers that have all your guns on a 8.5x11" sheet of paper down to the credit card size cut-outs for each particular gun?.....I was considering this (for compactness) but if it's cut down to credit card size it doesn't have your name anywhere.

Gateholio
02-05-2006, 06:39 PM
DO you mean the old green slip registration cert for handguns?

On transporting: You are not required to have your reg certs for unrestricted firearms with you when transporting your guns, however, you are required to produce evidence that the gun is registered upon demand by a peace officer.

Carrying the certs with you is probbaly the easiest way to do this, although if you forget them at home and go to the range, you arent' breaking the law.

Marc
02-05-2006, 06:41 PM
The rifle doesn't have to belong to you for you to use it, as long as you have your POS or PAL and the certificate that says the rifle is registered is all that's needed.

Marc.

Steeleco
02-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Jager, have a read of my previous post, When all this was new I called the CFC and asked them what was legal, my very first reg cert was a plastic credit type card. There was much more info on it than the stupid sheets they send us now. Anyhow they said is was fine to copy the originals and save them intact. I keep all my papers in a file, if I sell a rifle I write sold and the details of the sale on the sheet and still keep it, you never know!!!

ruger#1
02-05-2006, 06:50 PM
if you read the stupid rules, your registration papers have to be with the gun at all times, i have been threw many roadblocks or checks and all they asked for was a pal or pol. and yes i did cut mine up to credit size. like steeleco i haven't laminated mine yet. and when i do they will be put in the butt stock of every gun or rifle. i thought about having them in my wallet, and if i lost my wallet and it got into the wrong hands then, someone would have a little much information for my liking.if they get rid of the gun registry, we will still have to have a pol or a pal, isnt funny how the fac was the same. i only hope that the liberals sink deep out of sight and never come back. ann mcclelan is at her office shredding a lot of paper work.

Mauser98
02-05-2006, 07:25 PM
DO you mean the old green slip registration cert for handguns?

On transporting: You are not required to have your reg certs for unrestricted firearms with you when transporting your guns, however, you are required to produce evidence that the gun is registered upon demand by a peace officer.

Carrying the certs with you is probbaly the easiest way to do this, although if you forget them at home and go to the range, you arent' breaking the law.

While this may be true, failure to produce a Licence and a registration cert to a Peace Officer may result in the seizure of the firearm. A person would then have 14 days to produce the paperwork to get the firearm back.

Gateholio
02-05-2006, 09:17 PM
That is why I suggested that carrying the certs with you is the easiest way of establishing that your gun is registered.

The officer could also check via his computer/radio

I'm just poitning out you can't be charged with an offence if you forget your papers.:D