PDA

View Full Version : Too many Options!

BCHoyt
02-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Ok, now that I have got my new Hoyt. I need to outfit it... Quiver, stabalizer, sight, rest... Quiver is easy.. between Hoyt 2 piece and a Fuse Posi Lite (Fuse wins this one), stabalizer.. once again between one of the many doinker's or fuse, (pretty sure fuse wins again) Now when it comes to sight and rest.. this is where I cant make up my mind... Some ppl say trophy taker, others whisker biscuit, and trophy ridge dropzone.. I will be shooting carbon 300's.. And sights.. Ive looked at HHA single pins, trophy ridge matrix I think it was... HELP ME!!!

rocksteady
02-01-2006, 11:05 AM
BUY a crossbow instead........:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Just kidding, let it begin...

BlacktailStalker
02-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I bought a Hoyt Cybertech a couple years back, I love it. I put a quicktune 2000 dropaway rest with a 5 pin Deadnuts pro sight on it and am completely satisfied. Deadnuts pro are the best in my opinion. Whisker biscuits are nice if you'll be sitting with a knocked arrow for any length of time but some guys have issues with the fletching hitting the whiskers affecting how accurate trajectory is. All the choices do make it complicated but really, any high end stuff will do the trick. Also went with a peep. Buy the best release you can afford. Then you get to get in to tree stands !! I got a Summit Razor for christmas from Cabelas. Over $100 cheaper from them then to get it in from anywhere around here and much better than the climbers they stock around town.
Hope it shoots like a dream.

BCHoyt
02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Ya I have a really good ball bearing release.. that was one of my first purchases after the bow..

J_T
02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
All the choices, options and decisions you have to go through were enough to convince me to go with a simple stick and string.:lol: But now I can't blame the equipment either....

As Rocksteady suggests, you could go with a crossbow. I think they come complete. Great weapon the crossbow. Kind of traditional in a sense.

Oops, are we fanning the flames again.:biggrin:

Onesock
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Grrrrrrr! Jt

oldtimer
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Go with a trophy taker drop away and a copper John dead nutz sight box. very reliable and good for those 300's your shooting.
I had the chance to use a whisker biscuit but chose not to for the fact that they can affect arrow flight and may slow your arrow down. They are great for holding an arrow all day. Mike

BCHoyt
02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Sorry but no offence to any of the crossbow users but I cant stand the things.. There is no art or skill to use a crossbow.. its the same as a gun, you point and shoot.. Ill stick with compounds!

BlacktailStalker
02-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Thats it! That lit the fuse I bet!!
Although I agree 100%.
The only exception being for those who just want that extra hunting time and don't care to learn the "art" of bowhunting or who are physically unable to bring a bow to full draw. But then again it's like chucking gear or fly fishing... All personal preference and theres nothing wrong in one guy chosing to something different than another.

Ddog
02-01-2006, 07:15 PM
i use the cobra sidewinder 3 pin sight, the best fiber optic sight on the market yet,(in my opinion) it is fabulous in low light conditions, extended my hunting time until almost the limit, it also comes in a 5 pin sight, each piece of fiber optic is 2ft. it gathers lots of light, and it comes in .19 and .29mm. i tried the .19 and after replacing it 2x i went to the .29 the .19 fiber optic kept breaking (i dont know why) other than this it is a tremendous sight that should be considered. Oh ya, i have used the .29 for 2 seasons and never had a problem with it, it also comes with other options like a cover for the fiber optic on the side and a little light that fits in it and makes the pins super bright! although i have never used the light because i think it makes them to bright. and seeing past the pins in low light would be a problem. Check the sight out you'll love it!

BC4Bowhunter
02-01-2006, 10:17 PM
On my trykon I got the trophy ridge matrix sight with .029 pins and a trophy taker shakey hunter rest. I tried a drop zone but it didn't fit too well on the riser (riser to thick). I have the hoyt doinker stablizer on mine and shoot easton axis 340. The setup works awesome but not sure if I'm going to put on a quiver or not.

Walksalot
02-02-2006, 06:44 AM
[quote=BCHoyt]Ok, now that I have got my new Hoyt. I need to outfit it... Quiver, stabalizer, sight, rest... Quiver is easy.. between Hoyt 2 piece and a Fuse Posi Lite (Fuse wins this one), stabalizer.. once again between one of the many doinker's or fuse, (pretty sure fuse wins again) Now when it comes to sight and rest.. this is where I cant make up my mind... Some ppl say trophy taker, others whisker biscuit, and trophy ridge dropzone.. I will be shooting carbon 300's.. And sights.. Ive looked at HHA single pins, trophy ridge matrix I think it was... HELP ME!!![/quote

Go to this site and play around with different setups.
http://www.pcarchery.com/demo/trial.shtml

J_T
02-02-2006, 11:13 AM
you could go with a crossbow The bait was set....:lol:

Sorry but no offence to any of the crossbow users but I cant stand the things the hook set.....:sad:

And I am in awe of everyone who realizes this is a discussion that has been had. and had, and had. Thanks guys. Onesock, you have such restraint.

Peace
JT

PGKris
02-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Don't go with a whisker bisquit. Everyone I know that has had one hates it. And plus, they knock your speed down a lot.

BCHoyt
02-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Well... Ive got an Alpine Archery Drop away rest on the way now along with Trophy Ridge Matrix Guide series 3 pin sight, a dozen Radial X-Weave arrows, and ordering up my stabilizer and quiver next..

Fred
02-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Don't go with a whisker bisquit. Everyone I know that has had one hates it. And plus, they knock your speed down a lot.

You really "know" me Kris, but I don't hate mine! :grin: Fred

bsa30-06
02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey fred whats your opinion on your whisker biscuit. Do you like it?if not what is it you dont like about ?Looking for a liottle info from guys that use these rests.good or bad.thanxs.

BCHoyt
02-13-2006, 11:13 PM
All the goodies are on the way now... Its gonna be better then Christmas when they all arrive.. WOO HOO!