PDA

View Full Version : Deeks Decoys

NitwiT
12-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Anyone tried these blowuppers? Pros? Cons?

Thanks

12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
piece of crap, I got them as a gift two years ago.
don't buy them they seem like a good idea, but the look like crap, have little to no movement, and sink if you toss them wrong. the hot buys a cabelas for 20$ are 10 times better than those. that being said, I'll sell you the ten I have left for 20$.... If I havent been able to change your mind.

NitwiT
12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
nope, i'm sold. or lack there of

blindman
12-08-2009, 09:52 AM
870 is right on with his advice. They were sold originally as a walk-in decoy so that they would appeal to people who wanted a light load instead of a bag of decoys. They don't look real when floating on the water and as 870 said, if you toss them wrong, they sink. You would be better off using three real decoys on a jerk string.

porcupine
12-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I've used them in the past and had good success. I could get 24 in a small backpack, which was great for walking into more remote places. In heavily hunted areas they are not as effective as good solid body decoys.
________
GL650 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_GL650)

branthunter
12-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Bah, humbug. These were the first decoys i hunted over with my Dad in the fifties and we shot lots of ducks over them in the fields over Smith road way.. They're easy to carry a bunch, work just fine if you drop them right, and they look enough like a duck to work if you put them in a place the ducks want to be. I saw a bunch on the shelf in Italian in October and my Missus wondered why I got so excited----cheap too as I recall. I've still got the old set on a shelf at the back of the shack, although the rubber has deteriorated too much to hold air anymore. I just like to take 'em out and look at 'em once in a while to remind me of my Dad and my long lost youth.

Duckman
12-13-2009, 08:49 PM
At the Italian Sporting Goods 1-day sale yesterday, they were on sale for 50% off. They may still have some left, though the sale is over.

Dutch
12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey Duckman any good waterfowling buys at Joes (Italian sporting goods ) on Saturday?

NitwiT
12-14-2009, 03:38 PM
I had recieved the flyer and noted the deeks decoys, but as always, I do research. (Read: log in and post a question). Passed on those, liking the looks of the Dakota birds.

Duckman
12-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Hey Duckman any good waterfowling buys at Joes (Italian sporting goods ) on Saturday?

All their calls were discounted, 15 or 20% I think, depending on the brand. Plus most ammo was discounted too-Federal shells were 15% off I think.

I will be going back next year!