PDA

View Full Version : Site Slow W/Telus?

bigwhiteys
12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey Everyone,

Starting a few weeks ago HBC has become the absolute slowest site I visit. ANY page takes at least 30-60 seconds just to load.

Now, I know the site sits on a new server, and I host several websites with the same company so I don't feel it's the server. My own websites that are hosted at the same facility all load super quick, no issues at all.

It could be some server specific settings but the server itself is plenty big enough for this task.

I have tried:

1. Different Browsers (IE/FireFox/Chrome)
2. Different Computers (I have 3 PC's and a Laptop in the house)
3. Changing Modems (Telus sent me a brand new DSL modem)
4. Virus/Spyware/Registry cleaning. (AVG,Adaware,Malwarebytes,RegVac)

None of the above has worked... To top it off, I even built up a brand new computer and then tried... Same thing! Slow as molasses.

I've narrowed it down to the following

1. Something is screwed up with Telus. (anyone else on Telus having issues?)

2. Google Adsense is having an issue (this has happened in the past with 1000's of websites serving their ads. I think they can fix if notified.)

3. MYSQL Connections - By default your server setting for MYSQL connections is like 150 if I remember correctly. Ask LiquidWeb if they will increase that, or even show them this post and see what they say.

Is there anyone else out there having similar issues?

Carl

hardnocks
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
i am i talked to telus yesterday about it cause mine is super slow sometimes . they said they are doing some work on the system.

darrin6109
12-07-2009, 10:49 AM
have had no problems on shaw.

Steeleco
12-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Nothing wrong on this side of the pond. And we too use Telus.

MuleyMadness
12-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Carl I have seen in recent weeks several incredibly high latency instances not just with this site but with many TELUS HSIA sites...basically it looks like several of the TELUS core elements and DNS servers that service TELUS consumer services are seeing high degradation and capacity issues and as a result we are seeing problems like this. Now before someone says well just add more capacity you have to remember that this equipment serivces hundreds of thousands of people and businesses while costing several million dollars. A couple people I spoke with advised that they are in process of correcting it, but unfortunately it takes time to get the equipment and they also have to plan network outages. That being said, in all honesty I have never noticed HBC to be any slower than another other site when these slowdowns occur, but of course everyone's experience differs in the Wild Wild West now known as the Internet.

ThinAir
12-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Carl, I thought I was the only one with this issue!

I'm with telus....it is so bad on this site, I need to open a couple windows to even do anything productive.

I'm not a computer guy at all....I don't know what to do:-?

#1fishslayer
12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Telus is working fine for me.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I had a similar problem with Shaw a couple of weeks ago. Turned out other people in my neighbourhood had the same problems which was caused my an older style modem. New modem...problem solved.

Too bad that didn't work for you, BW.

SSS

Riverratz
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Same problems here. Seems like those of us in the central interior on Telus are experiencing the same "slow" issues. I've tried all the same fixes as yourself with no luck. Seems to be just with the HBC site, as when I log into any others they are fast.......hook ups within seconds. I have new laptop/wireless connection, plus wired desktop, both suffer very slow link to HBC site but no other sites. Changing browsers does not help either.

I'm no computer guru by any stretch, but it seems obvious to me the problem is with Telus' hooking up to HBC........in layman's terms; could it be the Telus firewall/security settings and the interaction between Telus and HBC server ?

By way of example; I just timed how long to preview this post.....it took 50 seconds

bigwhiteys
12-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Carl I have seen in recent weeks several incredibly high latency instances not just with this site but with many TELUS HSIA sites...

HBC is actually hosted in Indiana USA. What's wierd is that I also have several sites hosted on by the same company. My sites receive millions of visitors every year and they are all working top notch through my Telus connection. No problems at all....

HBC seems to be the only site that is affected from my cpu(s).

It sucks there are others with this problem, but with enough pressure maybe Telus can get it corrected?

I like coming to HBC, but in the time it used to take me to surf the latest posts and see what's up the homepage still isn't even loaded yet!

Carl

tomahawk
12-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Workin good on Telus in Nanaimo

SUAFOYT
12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
OK boys and girls here's a few tips. First of all, believe nothing telus call centre reps tell you. Most of them are now offshore, and unless your questions/concerns are part of their question tree they can't think outside the box. You pay peanuts like in the Phillipines, you get chimps. So much for corporate citizenship.

For those of you that have a 3 MpS or better service, and you are beyond 2K ft from where the DSL switch is, this is my suggestion. Go to a site called www.speakeasy.net (http://www.speakeasy.net) and do a speed test. This is a stable and consistent site. It will give you upload and download. If you subscribe to say a 3 MpS service you should attain at least 2.4 MpS which is 80% of your subscribed service. That is all telus will provide. If you get better than that it's a bonus. Time of day and other traffic issues should have no bearing at all on your service, it should always be the same. If you're not getting your 80% then this is what you can try. If your modem was mailed to you and you did the "home" install, you've placed those goofy filters on all your phone devices. And I mean all your devices. If you have a dish and you use the PPV feature, make sure that the phone cord plugged into your Sat receiver has a filter on it. If you have a monitored alarm system for your residence, it must be filtered also. A missing filter raises hell with the speeds, and will degrade your service. If you have a home that has a whack of phone jacks in it, this can also be service affecting as well. Even if you don't have a phone plugged into that jack, chances are it has dial tone to it. Every one of these inside wires has that DSL signal on it, and not unlike a CATV splitter that has no coax on it, it still splits the signal. This creates what is called reflection and will give inconsistent speeds and in more severe cases will lead to your modem dropping sync from time to time.

If you have any of these conditions, then you are entitled to have what's called a POTS splitter placed on your service. This is in essence a whole house filter that designates a jack location for the modem. The filtering is done where the tel line enters your residence and it eliminates the need for those other filters and most importantly it gets rid of the issue of the DSL signal being weakened. As the modem jack is designated you can't move the modem to another location in your home unless you then designate a different location. Remember, only one modem per service. Most of the modems are wireless now, so you either have a 2-Wire or a Siemens modem and they will broadcast your signal for a city block so anywhere in your house will be ok. This fix is a no cost one for telus customers no matter what anyone may try and tell you. In fact it is now considered to be a company standard, especially for the higher speed services. It's relatively simple to do unless there's a rewire issue, but if you get someone that knows their stuff it's doable.

If you get the song and dance that this or that isn't possible, just insist. If that doesn't work demand it and tell them you'll go to Shaw unless they step up to the plate. Telus is in a major pissing match with Shaw right now and they're offering some decent deals if you bundle your services. They're also doing it with no contracts which is a plus. There are other things that can affect your DSL but this is the most common. Drop a pm if you get no satisfaction.

bigwhiteys
12-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Tested on Speakeasy:

Download Speed: 2.6MB/S
Upload Speed: .7MB/S

HBC is the ONLY website I visit that seems to have this problem. And as already mentioned, I host several websites in the same place as HBC and my sites are having no issues.

I'd be all over Telus but for right now they are the only gig in my area and I need to have the connection for work.

Carl

Elkhound
12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
on shaw and no problems. Very quick. Let us know when you figure it out Carl

Sitkaspruce
12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Carl

Welcome to my world. As I have said in a few different posts, HBC usually takes anywhere between 45-60 seconds to load a page. I usually have a couple other sites open just to pass the time. The other sites.....5 seconds to load a page is slow. My wife gets pi$$ed as it can take up to 2 hours just to review a days posts, and I do not read 50% of them.

It is the same for my wife's laptop. At work it is fast, 10 seconds tops and work is less that a KM down the road from our house.

Telus has done nothing and will do nothing. They are supposed to be upgrading our lines, but we will see.

An interesting note is that my HBC site started to go slow soon after all the adds were placed on the site. Not sure if my anti/spy ware (AVG) is causing the slowdown or not.

Please let me know if you get anywhere and there is a correction to all this.

Good luck

Cheers

SS

landphil
12-08-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm on telus :cry: high speed - only the occasional issue with it freezing - restarting IE or my computer cures it though, so I think it's on my end, lightning fast the rest of the time. It does this on other sites as well. I'm running IE 8, if that makes any differance. Good luck!

spink
12-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Guys...

Not really sure what to suggest. This, for me is one of the snappiest forums I know, and I take pride in that. Granted the ads do slow it down a touch, but not seconds like you're describing.

bigwhiteys (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=1256), can you PM me? The few people on here that seems to say the same thing are on Telus. I understand that you have sites on the same hosting company, however there could be a few things that differ. I would like to look into this a little further.

PS. If you're using Windows (or even a MAC), I suggest ensuring that Windows proxy settings are disabled. From the control panel, go to Internet Options and click on the Connections Tab. Once you are here, click on the LAN settings button and make sure everything is "Unchecked", including "Automatically Detect Settings".

Spencer.

bigwhiteys
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi Spencer,

I have a hard time believing this is a hosting/server issue and am doubtful that LiquidWeb could do anything about it. Marc or yourself could try phoning them and asking though. They are available by phone 24 hours a day with english speaking level III server techs. Unreal tech support.

Personally I think there is something up with Telus but have exhausted my exp****tion options.... including trying on a brand new PC.

Life hasn't been the same for me since... :(

I'll PM you.

Carl

cdub
12-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I to have noticed that the pages take about 20-30 secs to load. The Hunting bc banner loads instant then the page is white for 20-30secs. My download speed is about 5.2 on telus.

Brambles
12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Try SuperAntiSpyware, I downloaded the free edition and it fixed and found stuff that the other programs you mentioned couldn't deal with.

Not saying that is your issue but it could be.

I am using telus and honestly its the best its been in a long while. Ain't perfect but its been working pretty well.

Brambles
12-10-2009, 11:03 PM
My speak easy test is the same as yours 2.6 and .7

My mom's Shaw is like 20, but oddly enough it doesn't seem that fast. I think those numbers don't mean much at all.

islandstalker
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I also have the slow hbc at home problem . but only this site, at work its fine .

cdub
12-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I have checked the site with my 2nd computer at home using 2 different browsers and it is painfully slow. At work it is as fast as it usually is. home is telus hi speed

Maxx
12-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I also have the slow hbc at home problem . but only this site, at work its fine .

ditto- something is wrong with this site imo....its only this site that is painfull slow!

bigwhiteys
12-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Okay Boys and Girls.

PROBLEM CURED!!!!!

At least tonight anyways :)

My Uncle (who is a computer engineer) got into my computer today and started playing with settings trying to get our Wii to connect to internet.

NO IDEA what he did but it seems to have totally fixed the slow HBC problem.

For starters do the following.

1. If you have a Telus Modem and a router off that modem, make sure your computer is plugged directly into the Telus Modem and NOT your router. No idea why, but it's how I am setup now.

2. ??? :) I will ask Mike in the morning what he did to my settings step by step and post here for everyone to fix.

As far as I remember from watching mr lightning click away all he did was unplug my CPU from the router and directly into the modem. My work productivity just took a major blow! :)

Carl

Elkhound
12-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the world of High Speed again Carl

bigwhiteys
12-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the world of High Speed again Carl
It's still working lightning fast today so whatever we did fixed it for me.

Carl

thunderheart
12-26-2009, 03:09 PM
dec 26 been slow slow slow here for about2 to 3 weeks .. long loads between pages .. almost painful

peashooter
01-09-2010, 12:17 AM
telus did an upgrade to our system recently and since then hbc has been painfully slow, but all other sites have not been affected. the test for me ran at 2400 and 860. we have 2 computers and the only problem is on this site so far.

bigwhiteys
01-09-2010, 12:18 AM
telus did an upgrade to our system recently and since then hbc has been painfully slow, but all other sites have not been affected. the test for me ran at 2400 and 860. we have 2 computers and the only problem is on this site so far.
Are you plugged in directly to the Telus modem or are you using a router?

Carl

peashooter
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
i have a telus wireless router, my desktop is plugged in and my laptop is wireless. the problem just started when telus did some work in the area.

bigwhiteys
01-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I had the same issue... Fixed it by Releasing and Renewing my IP address (Telus can help you do this) and then I UNPLUGGED my computer from the router and plugged it in directly to the Telus modem instead.

That has repaired my issue on my desktop, however my laptop (getting connection from router) still has the issue.

Carl

Sitkaspruce
01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I had the same issue... Fixed it by Releasing and Renewing my IP address (Telus can help you do this) and then I UNPLUGGED my computer from the router and plugged it in directly to the Telus modem instead.

That has repaired my issue on my desktop, however my laptop (getting connection from router) still has the issue.

Carl

Carl

Both computers are plugged directly into the Modem since day One.

I will contact telus.....again, and see what can be done.

Maybe just a replug might work....who knows but it is getting very frustrating.

Glad you got your worked out.

Cheers

SS

bigwhiteys
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
SS

Here are some instructions on releasing and renewing your IP

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1/ht/renewipaddrwxp.htm

If you've done that you could also try completly unplugging everything from the modem (including power) wait 30 seconds for it to reset and then plug it all back in and try the release/renew again.

Now that I am hooked direct into the modem it works A+ again but it was frustrating for those few weeks.

Carl

Marc
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM

Carl

Well I'm Glad to see you're getting some progress.

After upgrading the server, which has increased my server rental to 40% increase in cost, I'm glad to see that this issue you were having was in fact a problem from Telus and an not an issue with the server.

It still baffles me how you're saying your servers are still fast on your computer but mine isn't and they are located in the same building.

Anyways, glad you're back up and running on at least one for now.

Marc.

bigwhiteys
01-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Well I'm Glad to see you're getting some progress.

Oh yeah... Me Too. HBC is a daily ritual for me, I was going through withdrawals for a while there.

After upgrading the server, which has increased my server rental to 40% increase in cost, I'm glad to see that this issue you were having was in fact a problem from Telus and an not an issue with the server.

I had a feeling it was Telus all along, because LW is one of if not THE best hosting company around period.

It still baffles me how you're saying your servers are still fast on your computer but mine isn't and they are located in the same building.

It's some sort of IP routing problem with Telus and their modems or something...

Carl

Jimbo
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Carl

If you find that you need to re-boot your modem from time to time to keep it operating properly there may be an issue with the Telus cable network. You will have to get them to test that.

If the laptop has ongoing problems that could also be related to the cable network or simply to a faulty router.

killman
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I have telus and mine got very slow around Christmas. I have tried new IP and restarting ect. I think Telus is the problem. I am afraid to phone for help last time I was on the phone all day to have a guy come and replace the modem. I told them it was the modem first thing but no we had to spend hours on the phone.

MikeH
01-10-2010, 02:21 AM
I have Telus never had a problem,must because of living in the boonies.

cdub
01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I have released my IP also renewed my internet lease through my telus modem. All cables are plugged in direct in the telus modem/router. Also rebooted the telus modem and still no change in the slow speed.

cdub
01-14-2010, 08:22 PM
i get home tonight and log into HBC and suddenly the site works fast like it always did in the past??????

01-14-2010, 09:06 PM
With Shaw there are no issues on my end.

westhoyt
02-01-2010, 06:25 AM
This site has been painfully slow lately, [about a month] I don't have trouble anywhere else on line, sorry to complain.

westhoyt
02-01-2010, 06:35 AM
After reading all the posts I find it hard to believe it is my Telus connection when all other websites are fine, unless this site is doing things differently. Thanks

BiG Boar
02-01-2010, 08:17 AM
I know several people who don't use this site because its too slow on thier computer. I am on rogers and it is fast for me. But others, not sure who thier with find it impossible to use. Its too bad because I am sure its a site they would use.

cdub
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
As i stated earlier it was slow for me for about a month, then all of a sudden it is back to full speed

westhoyt
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I love this site but not sure how much more slowness I can take.
Seems to me the site got slow when some memmbers reported virus loaded links

springpin
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
It was slow...but not anymore..Not for a while actually.

Steeleco
02-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Right now it's being a PITA, makes no sense. This morning it was fast as always, nothing's changed at my end???

eastkoot
02-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Just counted to 27 while trying to open this thread, telus.. Been like this for the last month or so, painful. CGN etc. 5 times faster..

Marc
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
The site isn't any slower then it was when the upgrades where made. It took me maybe a second if that to get this page to come up with 300 people surfing the site. People living on the mainland are closer to the server then I am. It has more to do with who your internet provider is, the service you've subscribed too, and how bad of a bottle neck your intenet conection is. Can you imagine how many people are surfing the intenet between 5-6pm? Everyone who's come home from school and work.

bigwhiteys
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I am convinced 100% this is some sort of issue with Telus or their Seimens home router they issue.

When it affected me, it was ALL hours of the day, it didn't matter when you'd log on it was slow as molasses.

The only thing I can keep repeating is to unplug all your net connections, unplug the router, or reset it.

Also try contacting Telus and asking for a new IP address?

It seemed to fix my issue when I unplugged my computer from the router and plugged in directly to Telus.

Carl

Steeleco
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
This is the first day I've had this issue and it's real slow to refresh, nothings changed here so it must be Telus. I'm going to try the boot then call Telus if that fails.

Thanks for the tips BW!

madrona sh
02-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Mine is working fine here in Nanaimo.

boyd050
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
it doesn't seem to matter where I open it from ,it's just plain slow.. getting to be a pain.... never had a lot of patience for waiting for sites.....

SUAFOYT
02-04-2010, 05:31 PM
After reading the posts the common theme is #1- Telus and #2- the HBC site. First of all we can all agree the Siemens modem that telus supplies is not the best. If you have a 2-wire or a Thompson hang on to them! Keep in mind that the Siemens is a wireless router, not a simple modem. It has internal settings, as well as security. To access it put 192.168.1.254 into your URL bar. That will let you look at and modify your modem settings. If you don't require a wireless connection, and you don't have the telus TV service then the Thompson aka Speedtouch is the best for you. If you have a wireless device ie laptop, WII, etc., then the wireless router is required. I say that on one condition. Some people had a wireless router before they had the telus router provided. Configuring your own wireless router and then plugging it into the telus router as well will work but it's redundant. It serves no purpose. Use one or the other, not both. As far as the HBC site being slow, there are so many factors that could affect this. I believe in the KISS principle. My wife runs the IP show in our household. She's an absolute fanatic about the maintenance as we want no spam, trojan or virus problems. We have our Internet Explorer settings set to medium, not high. There are so many user settings i.e. firewall settings, virus protection and the like. A lot of people have the Telus e-care as part of their service. That has a firewall. If you have say Norton as well it also has firewall settings. Try disabling one or the other and see how that goes. Too much "protection" may be the problem. At work, I can't access the HBC site as it has certain keywords as in guns, weapons, etc so the security blocks the site completely. Who knows what parameters your firewall settings may be causing.

cdub
02-05-2010, 08:13 PM
The strange thing here is that this site was painfully slow for about 2 months then overnight it was back to normal with no speed issues. I to am using telus with the wireless router. I have now been running no problems for the last month.

Steeleco
02-05-2010, 09:22 PM
It's been a few days now, and that's enough for me. Telus is getting a call in the AM. A real PITA!

killman
02-05-2010, 10:42 PM
It's been a few days now, and that's enough for me. Telus is getting a call in the AM. A real PITA!

Bitch at them for me too! Mine is pathetic, High speed my a$$:evil:.

spreerider
02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
i get this problem on this site only about 3 times a year and it usually lasts a week or two,
gets very annoying but only lasts a while, i just open all the links i want to see in other tabs and by the time i open them all the first few are done loading.
i tried my neighbours shaw account and it worked fine but my parents computer is telus as well and gets slow at the same time bu tonly for this site.

Steeleco
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Well I just got off the horn with my friendly local "Philippine" resident tech!!
After some 15 min of trying this and that, he tells me that as a Telus enhanced high speed customer I have a "Dymanic IP address" WTF is that you say, me too!! He tells me that means my IP is constantly changing, about every 2 hours my IP gets changed naturally.

Then for the first 5 min my connection was fixed, YEAH!! Now it's back to molasses speed.

I'm no internet expert by any measure, but there is a distinct issue between Telus, their Siemens equipment and the sites server. It's a sad day when I think the POS computers at work are faster than both my home computers!!!

cloverphil
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I switched to Telus a few years back, and within a week I was unhappy with their speed all over the internet, so I switched back to SHAW immediately and, it has gotten twice fast as it used to be, in the last year. Now I've got the SHAW home phone too. No more Telus anything.

SUAFOYT
02-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Well I just got off the horn with my friendly local "Philippine" resident tech!!
After some 15 min of trying this and that, he tells me that as a Telus enhanced high speed customer I have a "Dymanic IP address" WTF is that you say, me too!! He tells me that means my IP is constantly changing, about every 2 hours my IP gets changed naturally.

Then for the first 5 min my connection was fixed, YEAH!! Now it's back to molasses speed.

I'm no internet expert by any measure, but there is a distinct issue between Telus, their Siemens equipment and the sites server. It's a sad day when I think the POS computers at work are faster than both my home computers!!!

Don't get me started about the offshore telus employees. You pay peanuts you get chimps. The dynamic IP is normal for most subscribers. Business customers who pay a premium for the privilege will have a static IP as opposed to the dynamic. Read my previous post. I have telus 3.0 service in a very small community and I have no issues with HBC loading. You could have conflicting virus, spam or other firewall/security issues.

Steeleco
02-06-2010, 09:35 PM
You could have conflicting virus, spam or other firewall/security issues That's just it. Between the morning and early afternoon visit to the site, my computer wasn't active and I didn't change anything. Up until that fateful day, my computer was ticking along just fine on HBC. That and my wife's laptop is responding the same, yet when I piggyback some neighbours ISP, HBC is good and fast???

spreerider
02-06-2010, 10:18 PM
sometimes i have the exact same problem as you steeleco but it seems to have fixed itself in the last few days, and its only this site not a single other site loads as slow as this one does.
but it only happens sometiems and only lasts a week or 2 then its back to normal like every other site.
*tinfoil on* maybe its the government messen with this site to track all us gun owners :P

NaStY
02-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I too am on telus. I have had real good days and some real bad weeks. Its not just this site though. I had Shaw for several years with no issues at all. The only reason I have telus now is cause it free from the network in the house I rent. Kind of reminds me of the old dial up days.

valleycowboy
03-28-2010, 07:35 AM
i have a little to add to this topic.
i went and bought a D-LINK615 router,when i got it set up,this site started running slow like everyone else mentioned.when i got a hold of telus,they told me it maybe a problem with a setting in the router and i should get a telus router/modem(gigaset SE567).
a week later i get the new router/modem,i hook it up and call teus to set it up.after setting it up,i kept the lady on the line and told here about the slow performance on this site and how a few ppl are having the same problem.she tried accessing the site from her end and wasn't able to get onto HUNTINGBC.ca.she figured it was a problem with the sites server because it was the only site that i was having problems with.she was going to give a memo to her "boss" and let them see if there was a problem on the telus end.
for now,if i want to get on here,i just hook my old modem(speedtouch) up and the site loads fast again.kind of a pain in the @ss but it is only two wires,lol.
any whooooo,i hope this gets solve in one way or another.

bigwhiteys
03-28-2010, 07:49 AM
for now,if i want to get on here,i just hook my old modem(speedtouch) up and the site loads fast again.kind of a pain in the @ss but it is only two wires,lol. any whooooo,i hope this gets solve in one way or another.
Interesting... Telus just did a whole bunch of upgrading in our area to Fiber Optic lines, and they had to cut internet access for a few hours. When it came back on, my slow problem was back. Luckily this time, all I did was reset my computer and router (SE567) and it was back to normal.

Carl

S.T.Roker
03-28-2010, 08:39 AM
I get the same thing with this site. But only with this site. Latency/lag.

I'm on Telus in the central interior.

valleycowboy
03-28-2010, 10:46 AM
it's funny cause this is the only site i am having trouble with.weird

I get the same thing with this site. But only with this site. Latency/lag.

I'm on Telus in the central interior.

Steeleco
03-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Still having issues here too. Real PITA!

killman
03-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Yup, this site is the slowest. But now that we are addicts we will just have to suffer.

cloverphil
03-28-2010, 05:35 PM
no problem with shaw here. I tried telus a few years ago cuz they said they were faster with DSL but I only stayed with them for a few days and switched back to shaw
even when shaw upgraded last couple years to faster speed I still didn't experience any downtime like you're taking about
now with shaw home phone too for cheaper than Telus I'm not sure why everyone doesn't switch
just my $ 0.02

valleycowboy
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
well,after posting this mornin,i hooked the new router/modem back up,turned the router and pc right off,left them for a couple minutes,then powered the pc and router up.first thing i did was come on here and the site loads fast like it use too,lol.
hopefully it stays fast,lol.only time will tell,lol.