PDA

View Full Version : crossbow target?

Maxx
11-30-2009, 09:02 PM
I have been using the "block" target to practice with my field points. I want to install the broadheads for hunting, but want to check the POI....what target are you guys using ( i don;t want to destroy the block)

thanks

mikeinajeep
11-30-2009, 10:27 PM
garbage bag full of old clothes, blackets and sheets, will work to zero your scope. There are some better things out there but they are pricy to buy just to learn your poi difference. On mine I am 1.5" down and 1" left with broadheads on.

Buck_virgin
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I used a target that I was assured would stop a broad head...the field points stopped about halfway in but the broad head sailed through ricocheted off of the concrete making sparks and lodged in the fence post and to this day the head is still in there rusting.

mikeinajeep
12-02-2009, 11:24 PM
lol Buck I hear you!!! there is a target head stuck in a block wall at my private range... OOPS

GoatGuy
12-02-2009, 11:25 PM
you can come by and try it on one of the neighbour's dogs that keeps coming by. :twisted:

mikeinajeep
12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
lol BAD goatguy

gary murray
12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I use those blue styrofoam insulation sheets that contractors use in buildings. Put about four 20 inch x 20 inch sheets together and your arrow wont go through it or make a mess. A little harder to remove the arrow but it works for me.

Bow Walker
12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Lottsa kinetic energy involved with a cross bow. Add a sharp broadhead on the end of the shaft and it will go through most targets if you're shooting at distances in or around the 20 yard mark.

A sack full of old clothes seems to be the best idea for stopping the bolt. Probably have to be about 18 to 24 inches thick though.

BimmerBob
12-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I have used a large platic barrel bag (the clear ones that are used to line 45 gal drums) filled with scraps of the heavy poly vapour barrier crumpled up. They work awesome.

I must admit when my friend told me about this, I was more than sceptical but it works, bolts never went more than 1/2 way in...