PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics with a Mac

Islandeer
11-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Time to get with the program, have a hunt to share and have followed the instructions but doesn't work with my Mac. How do other Mac users do it?

Thanks!

Bow Walker
11-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Go into the "Gallery" (the link is right under BC in HuntingBC.ca, in the banner at the top of the page) and look around at the various links for creating "My Photos" within the general gallery.

I did it so long ago that I forgot how I did it. After you create "My Photos" all you have to do is to Upload pics and then Copy/Paste them into threads, replies, or what-have-you. It's easier than using any other pic hosting site.

KB90
12-02-2009, 12:24 PM
If you are using Iphoto it is quite simple.

1) select your photo
2) Click File and then in the menu click Export
3) Here is where you size your picture. click on Kind and change it to JPEG
4) Next click on size and click custom
5) Then enter 900
6) Then click Enter
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Picture_1.jpg
7) The picture will now be on your desktop
8 ) Go to HBC and click on Gallery then in the right corner click upload photos
9) From there choose your file and click submit
10) Your image will now be in the gallery click on it and make it as big as possible.
11) Then right click and click select image address
12) Open a new window and start your story then click on the mountain in the box (insert image button) and paste the image address and click ok

And voila your pictures will appear

Cheers Kyle

steelheadSABO
12-06-2009, 09:46 AM
thanks finally someone who can help me make my pictures smaller

Archer
12-09-2009, 08:29 PM
How do I select the image address if I have no mouse? I am on a laptop with just a little finger pad thing, and can't figure out where to get the image address from. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

KB90
12-09-2009, 08:31 PM
How do I select the image address if I have no mouse? I am on a laptop with just a little finger pad thing, and can't figure out where to get the image address from. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

Press Control and then click. That makes it right click.

(You can also set it up so your right side of the click is a right click)

Elkaholic
12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Or if you have one of the newer macbooks/mbp with the scratch pad with no click button you can 2 finger click for right click. The scratch pad has fully multi-touch capabilities.

MOL
08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20030&cat=500&ppuser=11896

Trying to get another one to work