PDA

View Full Version : toques and gloves

Maxx
01-24-2006, 08:38 AM
What material are you guys using for a hunting toque? Wool, synthetic etc?

Also, I am looking for a "warm" pair of waterproof gloves, with fingers, any suggestions?

Ronforca
01-24-2006, 08:59 AM
I use wool myself.I have an old army toque that I really like and it is the
right color.Wool shooters Mitts that let you free your fingers for shooting.

Jager
01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
I use a fleece toque that's big enough to cover my ears. As for gloves, try the neoprene ones steelhead fishermen wear - if they do get wet they'll still be warm....you could also get them a bit oversize and wear a thin pair of fleece gloves underneath.

Steeleco
01-25-2006, 03:23 AM
WOOL the only way to stay warm. My gloves are actually flyfishing ones, they have half fingers on the thumb and index finger, full fingers for the other three. Buy them one size too small, they'll stretch. Always warm even if they get wet. My 2C

REDGREEN
01-25-2006, 04:23 AM
Wool. If you get it wet, you still stay warm.

Tarp Man
01-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I started using fleece gloves and toque, and found they work well, but now wool just works better for me. Wool dries faster unless you get high quality fleece such as Polarguard from a hiking store. And wool tends to breathe a bit better.

Tarp Man

hoochie
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
i got a pair of those cammo neoprene gloves last year... ( like a very thin version of my diving gloves) and they work great. My rifle does not slip in my hands, my hands do not get cold ( almost too warm) and a have dextarity in my fingers. But I do find they are a little hard to take off after you have been wearing them for a while.. like a wetsuit...

rock
01-25-2006, 04:50 PM
wool for head gear, gloves or mitts rarely use them, unless its estremely cold.