PDA

View Full Version : Sask whitetail By Duke and Son.

dukester
11-21-2009, 05:03 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/SASKCAN/hunting2009withjosh006.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/SASKCAN/hunting2009withjosh009.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/SASKCAN/hunting2009withjosh024.jpg
This is the second deer i have harvested with my son this year. hes like a good luck charm. Seen the buck out at .338 Lapua range(km) my son and i did a fast stalk through the tallest stubble field i have ever seen it was hitting our ankles all the way llol we have easy compared to those bc deer hunts in the mountains yiks. Tossed a couple Barnes x and a Interbond his way at 425ish yard. range finder maxed out a 363yrds. seen 5 bucks before i was done loading. Thanks to my son Josh for getting me back on track . i was getting all worked up on finding those huge bucks, trail cameras, bait, more bait, more time , patterning the bucks. screw all that , take a kid hunting and watched what you have forgotten.. It was a good day.

M.Dean
11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Real nice looking buck! Congrats to you and your son!

knighthunter
11-21-2009, 05:19 PM
I like them high tined whitie's. great shooting at that range.

Blainer
11-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Handsome looking buck.
I like those little kickers,adds character.
Good on ya.

dukester
11-21-2009, 06:04 PM
looks like i'm saying a praying with my eyes closed lol :mrgreen:Pls lord tell my wife to make supper early .. we hungry .lol

sawmill
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Gotta love those Prairie Broncs!Nice one ,congrats!

cainer
11-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Beauty Buck! hope you left one for me!I'll be there in a couple days!

plumbob
11-21-2009, 07:46 PM
great buck congrats

kennyj
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Congratulations to you and your son.Thats a great whitie.Love how the mainbeams curve up.
kenny

d6dan
11-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Nice looking Whitetail!. Congrats and good to see the young one enjoying a day with Dad...

roblikestohunt
11-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Sweet looking deer Corey, Way to go, another one for the butcher..lol...

Mik
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Congrats to you and your son. Great lookin buck,nice beams.

dukester
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Beauty Buck! hope you left one for me!I'll be there in a couple days!
you will get here in nice weather and full rut,, BUT no snow. get high and glass.

dukester
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Sweet looking deer Corey, Way to go, another one for the butcher..lol...
Hey Rob txs... Cheese smokies here we come. :mrgreen:

Ozone
11-22-2009, 03:12 PM
get high

This may have a different meaning in BC than Sask:wink:

roblikestohunt
11-22-2009, 03:51 PM

hahahaha thats pretty funny...im from bc myself, but have seen some nice game all over sask since i have been here in March...Saw a huge moose a few weeks ago in Unity and another in Hudson bay, 2 of the biggest creatures i have ever seen and lived in alberta 25 years and BC now for 15...Theres some great country in Sask, Just not ideal growing conditions..hahaha:wink::mrgreen:

dukester
11-22-2009, 08:31 PM

OMG did i laugh after you posted this:mrgreen::mrgreen: I grew up in ft st john so yes indeed i do know the meaning:wink:.. small correction get high on a ridge(hill) watch all those bucks head down lookin for love.

leadpillproductions
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
nice buck, i cant wait tell my boy's old enough to go on hunts with me

dukester
11-23-2009, 07:50 AM
nice buck, i cant wait tell my boy's old enough to go on hunts with me
Not sure how old your Boys are but Josh has been with me since he was 4 yrs old. 2 of those yrs were camp outs. Enjoy

M.Dean
11-23-2009, 08:20 AM
My son phoned me from Sask. last night, he said they just got there Sunday around lunch and seen bucks that he thought were keepers, but the landowner said if you shoot one of those we'll get laughed out of camp!!! Said rumor is there's a few crankers in the area, so he's going to try and hold out for a decent one if possible. He also said when you go to Sask bearing gifts such as smoked spring salmon, salmon steaks and fresh Halibut the Landowners tend to put you in there best blinds!!!

dukester
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
My son phoned me from Sask. last night, he said they just got there Sunday around lunch and seen bucks that he thought were keepers, but the landowner said if you shoot one of those we'll get laughed out of camp!!! Said rumor is there's a few crankers in the area, so he's going to try and hold out for a decent one if possible. He also said when you go to Sask bearing gifts such as smoked spring salmon, salmon steaks and fresh Halibut the Landowners tend to put you in there best blinds!!!
OMG that sounds great. tell him to get into a bucks bedroom and rattle.

roblikestohunt
11-23-2009, 04:14 PM

I work all ver sask and the type of work i do take me on to Private land 90% of the time, i have talked to the landowners about hunting on there land and most of them seem pretty easy going as long as you have permission from them first, its eems like a few bad apples over the years have ruined things for some of the rest of us,and i have heard the horror stories first hand, Rule of thumb in sask, get permission from land owner first, and yes, some sort of good will isnt to bad to have as well!!