PDA

View Full Version : dads mulie friday morning

tikka boom
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
i dont feel like telling the story but here are some pics what do you think he will score we never scored him so i dont know but we did messure his circumferences and the bases are 6 3/4 and 7

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/tikkaboom/dadsdeerandmomsshit888.jpg
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/tikkaboom/dadsdeerandmomsshit890.jpg
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/tikkaboom/dadsdeerandmomsshit887.jpg

Steeleco
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
That band around the right antler makes me think it not a BC deer? So we'll need some info. Damn big deer no matter where it was shot.

tikka boom
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/tikkaboom/dadsdeerandmomsshit885.jpg
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/tikkaboom/dadsdeerandmomsshit883-1.jpg
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/tikkaboom/dadsdeerandmomsshit891.jpg

Brew
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Amazing looking animal. Where are you guys?

Rackmastr
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
WOW!!! Thats a truly awesome buck!

M@B
11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Sweet Jesus!!

plumbob
11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
That looks like it could a sask buck

dougan
11-15-2009, 09:14 PM
why do i not see pics

Prowler
11-15-2009, 09:14 PM
thats what i was thinking, just because of the dead looking sirroundings, and lack of anything "lifebearing"

d6dan
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I've seen those tags before...A Sask Mule Deer. Hes a real cool looking non-typical. I give him 221":???:

Deadshot
11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
I think Big Buck mag might call.
Lots of character with them droppers.
Very nice buck.

kennyj
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Holy smokes! Looks like a 195'' typical frame + 20'' or so of extras. At least.
My guess.
kenny

Jelvis
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
What's with the blaze orange ? whoa, let's not go there lol +++
Jel -- must be out of province or in the Peace --

venison4me
11-15-2009, 09:21 PM
very nice buck..i have seem them like that along 22x in alberta . chain lakes area. wow awsome dude. grats

mark
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Holy crankermoly! What a gorgeous rack on that sucker! Alta or Sask?? Guided Hunt???
Must have seen him a mile away in that open field!

landphil
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
That looks like a Muliebou - a hybrid between a caribou and a mulie:wink:. What a brute! Is it Saskatchewan or Alberta?

"skma"
11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Yep its one of thoose Muliebous, heard their migrating more n more south fr the north. Sure a great deer on any wall 2 hang

born2hunt
11-15-2009, 09:47 PM
i believe that is another rack from clearwater lol, but in any case thats a smoker of a buck gj.

Rattler
11-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow, that is a pig of a Muley. Huge congrats to your Dad.

11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Coming to a Big Buck Magazine near you soon.

Great looking non typy ..... kinda.

Congrats !

To bad it's not a BC deer.

CT

humble hunter
11-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I absolutely love that rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brambles
11-15-2009, 09:57 PM
HOLY SHIT. I just seen this on the website and THEN I checked my email. Thanks for sending me the email, I was busy yesterday cutting meat, I guess I should have taken time out to check emails.

All I can say is YAHOO, that thing is a friggin PIG, give yer DAD a high five for me. Can't wait till I can get my hands on that badboy:-D

another 200+ buck for the garage.

I hope he mounts that one, that thing is AWESOME, one of the coolest bucks I've seen yet.

Give him my best,

Jeff

green machine
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
love the face on it. and the racks not bad either haha

Brambles
11-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey where did that Stainless Remmy come from? Your Dad upgrade? Or did you finally ditch those Tikka's and buy a Remmy?

Details man, I need details.

tikka boom
11-15-2009, 10:12 PM
ya he is a sask deer. we are friends of brambles that is why i am part of hbc.

well i will tell the story ( sorry for any spelling)

we started off early friday morning and we desided to hunt the PFRA ( alot of land that is provintialy owned for farmers to to let there cattle graise at a cost) because it was the last couple of days of hunting and there is no driveing off ot the trails in pf so i figuered the people would not have hunted it much. 20 min in we seen this double d and he wasnt sticking aroung. heavy in rut him and 12 does took off up and down about 3 hills out of site to the east and we never thought we would see them again. so we carried on to the south east to a fence line i got out of the truck to open a gait and there he was 500 yards on behind us on top of a hill looking at us like the deer in the movie bambie, i stoped and slowly walked back to the truck and told dad to get his stuff and get out quitly the bruet has just walked over a hill behind us and didnt seem to care that we were here. we took off in pursuit thinking that he was going to be bedding down out of the bad wind soon or we would end up cutting him off while trying to get down wind of him and the does. we are now within 100 yards east of where he should be and we cant see any does or him ( we think that he is moveing fast then i intispated) while we are glassing and walking we walk up on a big buck and 7 does so with no hesitaion we think it is him and creep over and up the hill to het on top of them and on our way over there dad says you are going to let me take him right, i laugh and say of course. we get over the hill and dad has the hairs on his shoulder about to shoot, the buck lifts his head and there is no drop tines, wtf where is he this is the hill he was on when we last seen him. so we sat there for a bit thnking maybey he layed down but everything seemed weird that if he was there the other big buck was very calm about it. 20 min go past and i look back for some reason and there is a buck and 1 doe heading accross the flat, i glass him and shure as it was him.

ummmm dad your dreem buck is makeing his sneek escape
what where
1000 yard behind us
big breath and sigh

back to the truck so we can drive the road to get infront of him . we figuer we are now about 1mile infront of him and he has beded down by now and off we go . we are about 10 min into our walk and peeking over a hill when a little 2 point catches our sent and takes off over the hill toward where we think double d is, we get over the hill and there they are 528 yards accross on the face of the othere hill, but again double d is acting weird and doesnt care that this little buck just came in and interupted with his last doe left and starts walking off again like a a kid in school that just got picked on. we couldnt try to fallow him at the time because the other two were watching us and we didnt want to spook any of them so we had to watch him walk again. 15 min past and the litle guy and does spook and head south and the dd is now 900 or so yards heads west so me and dad take off to the south to get on the other side of the hill to parrelel him. wehn we come over the hill to were we last seen him he isnt there so we fallow the only trail hopeing he stayed on it. we are how 3 1/2 miles in and we are getting to a fence and a low brushy spot on the other side of the hill infront of us. i know this deer hasnt crossed the fence and he had to of beded down by now ( he never did know that we were stalking him he just didnt have a care in the world and kept walking).
i am looking in the draw to my right when then i look to my left 300 yard at dad and he is big eyed looking at me like ( stop f ing moveing) i slowly look infornt of me and at the top of the hill there is a 150 4 point looking right at us and i thought not i konw he is just on the other side of the hill, dont spook . then i looked at dad slowley and mouthed "shit" and all of a suden his gun came up and i looked over and the dd was standing right beside the little buck at 100 yards . "BANG" and i heard it hit him and i was off like forest gump makeing sure he was down . i got to the top of the hill and act like he was no wheres to be seen, dad yells chad there he goes shoot him. i lift my 300 acting like it was him and i let them run off and he yells what are you doing and i say what your deer is right here.
in the end it was the best hunt with i have ever had with my dad and i will never forget it

oh ya and he is still in velvit, and i have never seen a deer act the way this guy was he didnt have a care in the world about any of the does and just kinda bounced from one hurd to the next

Blainer
11-15-2009, 10:13 PM
That is an absolute monster.
200" + of pure trophy muledeer.
Good on yer pop's.

deerstocker
11-15-2009, 10:16 PM
didnt think non res could hunt mule in sask and non res hunting starts next week i believe

tikka boom
11-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Hey where did that Stainless Remmy come from? Your Dad upgrade? Or did you finally ditch those Tikka's and buy a Remmy?

Details man, I need details.

no it isnt mine or dads it is a friends and i wouldnt call it a upgrade either. it dont shoot half as nice and the clip works like shit (might as well weld it in there) and the trigger sux comparied to my t3s and the groups are nothing like my t3 . that must be why everyone custams there remingtons

haha:wink:

tikka boom
11-15-2009, 10:17 PM
didnt think non res could hunt mule in sask and non res hunting starts next week i believe

haha i dint konw that us sask residents were classified as non res either

tikka boom
11-15-2009, 10:37 PM
south west sask

Buckmeister
11-15-2009, 10:45 PM
:shock::shock::shock: Duhhh.....B..B...B...B...Bi...Bi...Big..Big...BIG DEER!!!! What a specimen!!!

David Heitsman
11-16-2009, 11:29 PM
What a brute.

ydouask
11-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Congratulations on a beautiful buck.