PDA

View Full Version : Where ya Headed?

cainer
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
So-anyone going out of province for this seasons hunt?

I'm headed to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan at the end of the month-to try my luck at another buck-with the Mother in Law.

Be there shortly after I shoot a *lost giant* albertan Mulie that happens to wander into the Robson Valley, and into range of my 30-06.:wink:

Ambush
11-14-2009, 12:15 AM
I zipped an arrow through a little whitetail buck a few weeks ago in Alberta. Had one good muley at 45 yards, but never got a shot. Got a few geese and pheasants as well. But mostly spent a week visiting family.
Nice relaxing time.

Nice thing about Sask., if you miss your buck, it's so flat you can watch him getting away for several miles.:tongue:

David Heitsman
11-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I keep hoping the boys at Willow Creek Outfitters in Nanton, AB will call offering a cancelation mule deer hunt. I keep reminding them that I'm only
3 hours away. So far no luck.

My Utah guide, Lone Tree Outfitters is wanting me to come to Nevada for a re-hunt for lions in January. Have to go over the calendar, not to mention the chequebook to see if this can all be worked in.

David Heitsman
11-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Ambush,

Congrats on the archery whitetail. I find they taste better than muleys.

houndogger
11-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Keep us posted if you head out on desert lion again David. Do they go off horse back?

David Heitsman
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
No that's a walk-about hunt. The Nevada area isn't as steep as when I chase them in Utah. It's more rocky with sharp buttes and big flat saged areas in the valley floor.

pazura19
11-18-2009, 12:30 AM
the idea has been brought up with my fam to go to sask, unfortunatley we have no clue where to hunt since it would be our first time going.
any advice would be great? and anyone have any success around Lloydminster?
- thanks christian-

madcarpenter
11-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Check out south of Meadow Lake, can't go wrong in between there and Glaslyn!!! Thats where I'm heading today for a week!!!

All kinds of logging roads and logged out blocks to roam around in!!!

Got word on a few MONSTERS that are hanging in the area I'm going to, hope I can convince one to want to come back to Alberta with me!:mrgreen:

-MAD

Elkaholic
11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Heading out to Sask on Monday. Five of us going hope to continue the success of getting bigger deer every year. Last years biggest was a 180" ish Non-typical.

cainer
11-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Heading out to Sask on Monday. Five of us going hope to continue the success of getting bigger deer every year. Last years biggest was a 180" ish Non-typical.

Now that's what I'm talkin about. Good Luck. Did we see a pic of the 180 on here?

Elkaholic
11-22-2009, 11:17 AM
No we didn't I will find one and post it.