PDA

View Full Version : Trail cameras

Spokerider
01-17-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm looking for some info on the various digital trail cameras available on the market. Not interested in the 35 mm type that takes film. There are a bunch of different ones listed on ebay, and I see Wholesale Sports and SIR also carry some different brands. Bushnell makes at least two different models, and some of the more expensive ones [ Trail Scout ] for one, on ebay utilize a Sony camera that can be removed from the trail cam and used as a regular digital camera.

Any feed back on any of the models, features, quality, warranty, problems or complaints etc?

Ozone
01-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi there, just had to register(found this site 3 days ago and saw your request so i thought i would join). Trail cameras are great fun. I bought one last summer and am amazied at the pics. I have bear, elk, deer,collered couger......) I bought mine from http://www.woodlandspycam.com/ but there are lots out there goto http://realdealhuntingchat.invisionzone.com/ or http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/ and they even tell you how to build your own and you"ll get an idea of what can be done with them and if that isnt enough maybe you want to turn that handy cam into a game video cam, yes they evan have instrutions for that. Good luck it addicting.

I would have posted some pics but i'm to knew here. Maybe when I get it figured out.

Ozone
01-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Heres 3 pics (i hope this works). Nope didnt work. Ok heres 1 pic. Can somebody point out how to put more than 1 pic up

Johnnybear
01-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow that looks like a nice bear. Fairly clear too. I thought about getting one of these and setting it up by the rubs and sign to see how big the bucks really are.

Spokerider
01-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Ozone,
Thanks! Lots of good reading here.

Ozone
01-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Ok I've tried to post some more pics here but cant figgure it out after getting them into the gallery. There if there you want to look.
Can somebody expain how to put them here please.

Ozone
01-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Also look at the backgrounds. Bear, elk, deer and couger are all on the same trail, in a 2 week period if I remember correct.

timberhunter
01-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I said it in the gallery but I'll say it again here.

Those are some really awesome pictures. What a great way to get to know whats happening in the area when you are not there. Have you ever gotten a picture of another hunter walking by unsuspectidly?. Now that would be funny.

Marc

Ozone
01-29-2006, 05:47 PM
No I take i out before the season starts. Not all hunters have ethics (just couse its cable to a tree doesnt mean it cant be stolen). I have seen a picture of a guy on private lands turned into a poster then plasted all over the guys town I.D.ing him as a poacher though. Apperently the guys wife phoned up and said he wont be back. But watch out somebody may be watching you.

bsa30-06
01-29-2006, 06:17 PM
ozone you got some real nice pictures there . looks like you got yourself a good spot.nice variety of animals coming thru.

ruger#1
01-29-2006, 06:24 PM
oz what brand name and model is your trail cam, it takes very good pictures. i would like to get one for the property so i can see what time the yotes come threw , thanks. Mark

Ozone
01-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Its a Woodland Outdoor Sports WSC 4150 (see above for links). Ive seen lotes of yote pics.

ruger#1
01-29-2006, 07:22 PM
thanks oz im going to look into them. i will probably buy one, for the blacktail trails.

Ozone
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Just dont tell anyone(kids,wife,mother,lifelong hunting partner,anyone) were you put it. Show them the camera, show them the pics just not were you put it.

ruger#1
01-29-2006, 07:33 PM
if i do get one my wife isnt going to know i have one, when you get married youll understand that one, ive gotten a few lumps on my head for telling her some of the things ive already bought already, steeleco will probably tell her and get me in trouble.

bsa30-06
01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
if you keep shooting all the deer i'll tell her.

Gateholio
01-31-2006, 12:32 AM
I just picked one up (Bushnell) at our Wildlife Banquet on Sat, I paid $170 in the auction, I htink it is worth abotu $350..

Gonna be fun playing around with it, there is a migration trail through my property.:wink:

Steeleco
01-31-2006, 02:31 AM
if i do get one my wife isnt going to know i have one, when you get married youll understand that one, ive gotten a few lumps on my head for telling her some of the things ive already bought already, steeleco will probably tell her and get me in trouble.

OK I won't tell her if you tell which tree it's on. Besides you got the only Blacktail up the mountain already. No point going there again:cool: :cool:

Jagermeister
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
This was taken with a homemade trailcam owned by my son, control board from Pix and an Olympus D360L. Plug and play.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=302&stc=1&d=1138728987