PDA

View Full Version : Cowichan Bowmen Safari 3D Jan 22

Bow Walker
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Anybody going up there from the lower half of civilization;-) (a.k.a. Victoria)??

Should be a great time. I may have even talked the wife into accompanying me. since the weather has been so mild hereabouts it might not be too much of a rough day.

Wear your HBC hats so that I (we) can identify one another. Makes for easier insulting and teasing:grin:

bochunk2000
01-17-2006, 08:52 PM
I wish I could come. I have to work. I just put a new string on my bow so I have to re-sight in too. Good luck to those that go. Steve.

echo
01-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Glad to hear you're making the trek over the 'hat Bowwalker. Tell your wife the terrain won't be too arduous -- as it won't be going into the 'hell hole'. Also those of us who hang out in the clubhouse to do food etc are a friendly bunch so she is welcome to visit with us also! :smile:
The elf & the dwarf are looking forward to the shoot too -- gives them an excuse to exchange verbal barbs! ;-)
see you Sunday
~echo

Eagle1
01-18-2006, 10:38 PM
WHAT!!!!:-P

Am I hearing this right, Bowwalker walking his bow over the god forsakine "HAT" :evil:
Some compitition for his brother { who shoots robinhoods all day long}
Looking forward to a great shoot Jan,22/06
Gimli's new string is just abuzzin with 3 colors. 10's nutin but 10's for im :grin:
" Where's the beef { muffins }:biggrin:

Bow Walker
01-19-2006, 04:46 PM
I heard that the Cow-Bowmen put on a good shoot so there's nothin for it but to make the trek and see for myself.

Although :mad: I had a retaining pin drop out of my rest yesterday and I had to do some emergency repairs (what with bill being unavailable). i hope the darn thing works for the shoot or I will be :redface: .

Eagle 1 - has my NAP 2000 D/A come in yet? Can you tune it in time for the shotgun start at 09:30???:grin:

It's not that I'm establishing an alibi here, but the darn thing did actually fall apart. Took me over 30 minutes to find the pin in the grass and mud and water of the range at Vic Bowmen Club.

H€ll or high water.............I'll be there:grin:

Dan.

Bow Walker
01-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Well............
The shoot was great - what can I say? Those Cowichan Bowmen (and women) know how to put on a shindig!

The course was as "non-arduous" as echo purported. Fairly flat with no big up or down hills to negotiate. There was a heckova big "valley" there but fortunately the setup guys took pity on us older pharts and steered clear of the dreaded Hell Hole. Although there was one target placed near it. If by chance you overshot the animal you had a hike-and-a-half to find your arrow.

The usual 20 targets in the morning and then break for lunch. Burgers, dogs, chili, buns, chips, soft drinks, natural fruit juice, and some coffee that would've taken the paint off the walls if there was any.

The same 20 targets in the afternoon. No one snuck out during lunch to change the meters (or yardage for us more mature people) so it was a relatively fun afternoon. Although some took it to be serious and came in with scores in the high 190's - dam them. Most notable among those were two that I know....Eagle1 and Mystx (aka Gimli) who did the round in 198. Rumour has it that a certain bowtec lost an arrow on the very short yardage "piggy" target. You know the type...outline in 1/2" plate steel with a 10" hole in the center where the foam is.

Well one of the pro's missed the hole and also missed a chance at gaining an easy 20 points. Most of us who heard this were thinking to ourselves that he should've taken the easier shot at either of the two raccoons which were worth 10 points. Safe bet at least.

Good fun, great people, good food, and a super turnout. Everyone is looking forward to next year. Maybe the chili will be a bit spicier then?

The weather could not have been better considering that it was January 22nd. The rain held off and the sun actually came out in the afternoon.

We all gathered in the clubhouse for the presentation of ribbons and the raffling off of all the donated items. Thanks mostly to West Coast Archery. Yours truly got lucky and had his number called and was presented with a gift certificate to Char-bucks, also known as Starbucks. Kind of poetic justice when you consider that I run a Bakery/Café with the emphasis on gourmet coffee. Oh well at least it paid for my registration fee.

Next up is the Vic Bowmen on Feb. 12th. Hope to see everyone there.

Eagle1
01-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Glad you had a great time Dan.

Only the novices and some kids shot at the easier racoons and I know where I can get more arrows, go for the glory or go home, o'well got it centred the second round tho, Gimli shot a 194, I a 198,Doug/Greg a 196 {I think} Bernie 206 both rounds but Gimli got me overall {3rd} like I said "new string, 10's nutin but 10's" She {Kats} figured you needed the caffin boost after the long hairy trek over the devils "hat"{ she says "should have brought her the scones} Great turn out,fun was had by all.

I guess you can't blame your rest cause it did't fall apart this time.

Will you be at Vic Bowmen at that time ?

Bow Walker
01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
It's another Sunday isn't Bill? I'll try. Won't seem the same though..........without a road trip and all. I'm kinda getting used to getting up at 5.

Eagle1
01-25-2006, 12:04 AM
guess we'll just have to come down there, but it is farther for us than for you to come up herehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk873DNCA)

We usually meet at Jasmine's for breakfast at about 7:00/7:30

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb066&pp=ZNxmk873DNCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb066_ZNxmk873DNCA)

Bow Walker
01-26-2006, 05:44 PM
is that an invite? are you trying to set up a date?

i may be easy............but i'm not cheap!!