PDA

View Full Version : Schedule C

domyalex
11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
So, I'm waiting for the full year to pass so I can apply for my hunting license, but would like to go out before IFF I can do so legally.

Having read the regs, I see on page 14 about Schedule C and it says "...captured or killed anywhere and at any time... You do not need a hunting license to kill the following:... " and there I see cottontail and European rabbit, good!

(yeah, I know, check bylaws)

However, I talked to two old timers at my local fish & game club and they say that I DO need a hunting license, just not the _species_ license. But by default there's no species license for small game... *confused*

So... who's right? :confused:

Would I need a Fraser Valley hunting license anyways for hunting Schedule C ?

Thanks!

BearSniper
11-07-2009, 04:59 PM
It used to be you needed a hunting licence to hunt "schedule C"
It now says on page 14 you don't need a licence.

For example, you can shoot Squirrels off of the Coquihalla or around Hope, and you only need a firearms liccence. Or you could use a bow and have no permit or licences at all.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/0910/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_0910.pdf (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/0910/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_0910.pdf)

steelheadSABO
11-11-2009, 07:50 PM
your good to hunt all schedule c animals and when you get some post up the pics:)

Gope
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
in BC is the hunting license not also the "permit to carry"? without it, i think you need to be under the supervision of some one with it,

say you and a buddy go hunting schedule C animals one of you needs a license to be legal... dont have the regs on me but i think that's how it goes.

Gateholio
11-12-2009, 08:34 PM
in BC is the hunting license not also the "permit to carry"? without it, i think you need to be under the supervision of some one with it,

say you and a buddy go hunting schedule C animals one of you needs a license to be legal... dont have the regs on me but i think that's how it goes.

All you now need is a PAL or POL to posses an unrestricted firearm in the bush.