PDA

View Full Version : Indoor 3D

FullDraw
01-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Who went to the Abbotsford indoor 3D on the weekend. I made it out on Sunday thought it was good. Was getting packed when I left.

Sparkee
01-16-2006, 09:31 AM
There was six of us in our group.
Got 5 rounds in the first day, only three on Sunday. A good time was had by all! Sorry, didn't take any pictures this time.

I have the schedule for lower mainland shoots and I will post it as soon as I get it scanned.

rageous
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
we hit it both days, we had a group of 3, shot 3 rds sat, my scores, 1st:120, 2nd:124, 3rd:130,

sunday we only had 2 rounds, my scores 1st:124, 2nd:130,

my catagory +16 compound fixed pin release,

i was satisfied with my results, all my shots were good kill shots, but some targets the "10" is not in my opinion a where it should be, some targets i've never seen before like the dinosaur's, that were kinda cool,

anyone win any prizes, i didn't, didn't matter though had a good time,

what was everyones favorite shot, mine was the caribou,

i'm definitly looking forward to the outdoor 3-D shoots,

one a good note there were some awsome traditional shooters out there, some which "showed up" most compound'ers,

anyone see the japanese longbowers.......yikes!

nick

Hunter4life
01-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I went on saturday for two rounds 119 and 131 were my scores. i shot under the 13-15year old compound-fixed sight-release, i would definately recommend the shoot to anyone and i guess the dall sheep was my favourite target but the bear in front of the outhouse had to be the most creative!!! didnt win anything other then a 1st place ribbon but i keep telling myself im gonna win that recurve next year!!

greybark
01-16-2006, 09:40 PM
:grin: Great event , I noticed that the largest class was Traditional (other) followed by Compound Un and the third largest class Traditional (wood).
Overall a good turnout for a well run 3-d shoot !!!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep our Fingertab On --

bsa30-06
01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't know if any of you guys are interested but there is a flat field 3D shoot in burnaby on jan 22 i believe it starts @ 11:00 am.

greybark
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
we hit it both days, we had a group of 3, shot 3 rds sat, my scores, 1st:120, 2nd:124, 3rd:130,

sunday we only had 2 rounds, my scores 1st:124, 2nd:130,

my catagory +16 compound fixed pin release,

i was satisfied with my results, all my shots were good kill shots, but some targets the "10" is not in my opinion a where it should be, some targets i've never seen before like the dinosaur's, that were kinda cool,

anyone win any prizes, i didn't, didn't matter though had a good time,

what was everyones favorite shot, mine was the caribou,

i'm definitly looking forward to the outdoor 3-D shoots,

one a good note there were some awsome traditional shooters out there, some which "showed up" most compound'ers,

anyone see the japanese longbowers.......yikes!

nick

Hey Walksalot , Please take note of Ragous post in regards to Trad scores.

I will try to make to your 3-d shoot and to be fair one should note how many practise hrs each class had prior to the event for your comparisons.
Then we have to do the double fault study by shooting a round using each other`s bows and crossbows .
Sorry couldn`t resist sturring up the pot again . LOL
See you up there .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

greybark
01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
:grin: Hey Blacktail , Walksalot and I have a good understanding with our posts and I am looking forward to going to his 3-d shoot .You may have misunderstood due to my post being in answer to his post on the other thread .
Regardless , All your points have no connection to my post and are irrelevant and uncalled for . Lighten up . The LOL in my post indicated that !!!

J_T
01-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Sounds like it was a great shoot. Sure wish I had been more aware of the schedule for the shoot. Had the weekend off, no kids, no girl friend.

Just looking over the posts here, Blacktail, I believe that Greybark's comments where not meant other than in good camraderie.

I'm not sure why we always want to assume the negative when we are viewing posts. It happens for us all, and I'd like to point out that sometimes, things are said, just for fun. Knowing that we are all so passionate about the hunt and we keep the fire alive by throwing something out there again.

Peace.

JT:neutral:

CUJO
01-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Blacktail, I don't know what the problem you seen in Greybarks post but lighten up, nothing was said that wasn't in humor.

Walksalot
01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey Walksalot , Please take note of Ragous post in regards to Trad scores.

I will try to make to your 3-d shoot and to be fair one should note how many practise hrs each class had prior to the event for your comparisons.
Then we have to do the double fault study by shooting a round using each other`s bows and crossbows .
Sorry couldn`t resist sturring up the pot again . LOL
See you up there .

I haven't been keeping up with the threads but it appears that Greybark has gotten rather cheeky.:smile:
Greybark, was that a dig?;) I think it was a dig.:p

greybark
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
:grin: Hey Walksalot , A dig that is gonna cost me a beer!!!!

rageous
01-17-2006, 11:06 PM
hey greybark, are you the guy who won both the speed shoots?

Walksalot
01-18-2006, 06:26 AM
:grin: Hey Walksalot , A dig that is gonna cost me a beer!!!!

Greybark, you don't owe me a beer. :smile: I can dish it out and take it too.:razz:

J_T
01-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Greybark win a speed shoot? Do tell. Must have had that mechanical ticker turned up to high.:p

1/2 slam
01-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I made it out for a round on Sunday. It was my first time. What a blast. I can see why guys go all the time. I havn't shot a bow much and was surprised how I shot (120). I'll be going again.

Sparkee
01-23-2006, 03:27 PM
hey greybark, are you the guy who won both the speed shoots?

No, this guy did: http://www.archeryassociation.bc.ca/Bowhunting/gallery/Mark%20Washtock%20Boar.html