PDA

View Full Version : CORE online.?

Iron-Head
01-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Any body know where i can find the practice exams for the CORE course online?
Symon.

Blacktail
01-16-2006, 06:48 AM
you can got to IHEA.com and look at their internet study program or buy the CORE book and study the hell out of it and challenge the test.

There are chapter review quizes after each chapter.

bigwhiteys
01-16-2006, 10:36 AM
The CORE Test...

What a joke... I challenged the CORE and passed the test without any studying at all... It's a multiple guess test that anyone with any common sense or basic knowledge of wildlife and the outdoors could easily pass with flying colors.

The ducks and waterfowl section was the only section that I had toruble with (I don't hunt ducks) and it was only like 5 questions.

If you ask me I think potential hunters should go through something a little more "hands-on".

Happy Hunting
Carl

Johnnybear
01-16-2006, 01:32 PM
I heard about a C.O.R.E. certifide tester who tests you at his home and his wife calls out the answers to you from the kitchen. The guy who told about him wouldn't say his name.

Iron-Head
01-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I have the book and have been studying the hell out of it for about 2 weeks and i am going to just go and challenge the exam later this week thanks anyways.
Symon.

MichelD
01-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Keep studying and you'll do fine Symon.

That's the way I did it with the firearms licence.

Studied the book and challenged the exam.

Schmaus
01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
In PG you can do a sort of half challenge for your PAL. You pay 60 bucks and the instructor goes through the whole handling part of the exam with you. He will tell you exactly what he expects and what he wants you to do. I thought this was pretty good since most people can pass the multiple choice test easy but then they fail the hands on test.

Steeleco
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey Symon, where did you get your book, my son will soon be ten and it wouldn't hurt for him to do a little reading so's he understands some of what he's going to learn. Thx.

Iron-Head
01-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Wel i got it for a christmas present but i think its from reliable gun and tackle?

bsa30-06
01-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Steeleco, i have seen the books in most hunting stores.The price tag is still on mine it was from hunters in surrey, and was 13.98+tax.I find there is alot of usefull info in those books and i sometimes refer back to mine.Keep in mind that price is from about 4 years ago.

CanAm500
01-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Ive had mine for about a week now, and I too have been studying the hell outta it. Ill be challenging the exam in march...or hopefully sooner.

I bought mine for $10 at the local fish and game club.

Steeleco
01-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys, can yoy tell I didn't do more core recently :redface::redface: