PDA

View Full Version : New shot gun

Iron-Head
01-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Hello every one i am in the market for a new shot gun and have been looking at the new remington 870's but i was just wandering what anybody else's opinion might be,in the price range of about 300-375$ any info would be great.Thnx in advance Symon?

TinMan
01-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Will it b used for birds or deer? I use the 870 for my slug gun ( rifled barrell) Finish wasnt that great, slide rattled a little but man it I loved to shoot with it. It never let me down. I will b purchasing a one with bird barrell and rifled barrell combo this summer. ( I was borrowing it from a buddy)

NEEHAMA
01-13-2006, 11:55 AM
there is a new win 1300 12ga pump with choke tubes on the used rack at reliable for $300.!! they said it was "as new" condition. call shane 604 874-4710 i think the 870's start at $385ish

Iron-Head
01-13-2006, 12:25 PM
well i inquired about the win 1300 and it sounds like a great deal will have to talk it over. thnx for your input and thank you NEEHEMA for the tip.:cool:

Shoey
01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
I was considering buying a Remingotn until someone posted this:

Recently Remington arms was asked for financial aid to help our fight against gun control by the the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association. (Winchester, Ruger, Sako etc all contribute BTW )

To quote Paul Holmberg from Remington Arms; "Canada represents 4% of our market. We really don't care what happens to you."

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3771

Just some food for thought...
Shoey

redlegdrake
01-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Its not cheap. But if your looking for a great bird gun the Beretta Xtrema2 is my pick. If you were looking for the best bang for your buck, I would say the Rem word. But due to there poor choice. They have been bloted from wish list all over canada. I am not sure what gun to put in its place maybe Mossbergs 835. The only problem is its only offered in 3 1/2 " chamber.

CanAm500
01-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Benilli Nova Pumps are excellent field and range guns.

guntech
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
I was considering buying a Remingotn until someone posted this:

Recently Remington arms was asked for financial aid to help our fight against gun control by the the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association. (Winchester, Ruger, Sako etc all contribute BTW )

To quote Paul Holmberg from Remington Arms; "Canada represents 4% of our market. We really don't care what happens to you."

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3771

Just some food for thought...
Shoey

An update on that...... Paul Holmberg has not worked for Remington for about a year now and Remington does care about the Canadian market.

I would recommend either the Remington 870 or the Winchester 1200/1300 series. Both are the best pumps the respective companies make. Winchester may be lighter due to the aluminum receiver. They both have a proven reputation.

Iron-Head
01-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Great thanks for the info Guys I have decided to go with the 870 only because i have some experience with an old wing master,but i want the new one with the 3" chamber:grin:.
Thanks again,Symon.