PDA

View Full Version : What kind of bow hunter are you!

elkmaster
01-11-2006, 11:09 AM
:shock: Many of us bowhunters have different reasons why we bow hunt;

1 Take advantage of the extra recreational time bow hunting seasons before and after the rifle seasons.
2 Selective hunter, meaning hunting for trophy and meat.
3 Meat hunter

steel_ram
01-11-2006, 11:43 AM
How about option 4. Take advantage of open seasons where use of firearms is prohibited.

Kirby
01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Well, I Full on bowhunt, during the rifle season or bow, I am packing archery gear(well I took a rifle out for a morning this year). For mulies, White-tails, bear, hold out for something big. If I was going for anything else, I go with Mature animals. So I would say I am 2, 1, 3 in that order.

Kirby

oldtimer
01-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Hunt all year and always with a bow until this year when I took meat with a rifle 2X .. OH THE SHAME !!!!! Mike

Onesock
01-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Bow hunter 99% of the time. Hunted with a rifle once this year. Amazingly harvested bith deer with a bow and nothing with a rifle. Have basically hunted with a bow for the last 14 years.

Clint_S
01-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Not a very good one. :razz:

Mooseman
01-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Not a very good one. :razz:

Liar :roll:

Walksalot
01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I love to spend the archery season trying to bag a big buck. I emphisize the word trying.

Bow Walker
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I have hunted with bow only for the past 3 years............Results?? NADA!

I plan on hunting next year the same way - until near the end when I get hungry. Then it's "get something for the winter!"

BowSitter
01-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I have hunted with bow only for the past 3 years............Results?? NADA!

I plan on hunting next year the same way - until near the end when I get hungry. Then it's "get something for the winter!"

By that you mean you are going to go to the store right!!http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Bow Walker
01-11-2006, 07:22 PM
be careful youngin' :roll:

greybark
01-11-2006, 08:14 PM
:biggrin: A old and tired one !!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab ON --

huntwriter
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
First and foremost I am a hunter, period. As such I take advantage of every legal weapon and any legal game. Heck if it would be legal I would go hunting with a knife too.
Having said all that I do have a special fondness for bowhunting.

brotherjack
01-11-2006, 11:07 PM
First and foremost I am a hunter, period. As such I take advantage of every legal weapon and any legal game. Heck if it would be legal I would go hunting with a knife too.
Having said all that I do have a special fondness for bowhunting.

Ditto that for me too. I'd probably take to the field in 'wet noodle' season if they had one. :D

CHilko21
01-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Ditto that for me too. I'd probably take to the field in 'wet noodle' season if they had one. :D

That could get interesting.Sign me up, I'll chase a deer with a wet noodle, it'll be fun:razz: I'll be stepping up a notch and bow hunting off my horse next fall, that's the ultimate hunting vehicle right there, the deer don't mind him one bit, and he's an old hand at packing, so I think I'll be set.

J_T
01-12-2006, 12:01 PM
A bit hard to choose.

I don't really hunt in rifle season any longer. As a bowhunter I can't really consider myself a meat hunter. Although it would be nice. So I don't hunt in archery season "in addition to" rifle.

So the "Selective Bowhunter" seemed most appropriate. Not sure what, selective means though. If it comes by within range and it's legal, I'm going to try to take it, not selective at all.

It two elk are coming in, both legal, the first a cow, the second a nice big bull, I take the first good shot I'm confident with.

JT:razz:

Awishanew
01-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I've hunted with a bow for about 8 years now except for moose hunting trips. I used my rifle for 5 days mule deer hunting this year and it seemed foreign to me. I got skunked but got a nice whitetail with the bow later. Way more fun. As far as selective I select to use the bow most of the time and I select does or bucks doesn't matter.

Ddog
02-07-2006, 03:44 PM
all bow all the time..before, during, and after the rifle season
am i selective? No, not on the first legal animal that comes in my range, it goes down, period. Then i am selective on the next couple. reason being is a couple of years ago i was watching a nice little spike buck coming to my stand and i took him. Sept 4. my second night out. My third night out on Sept 9 a nice little 2 point came to my stand and i took him..I hated not being able to go hunt until later in the year (Dec) on my annual trip. Made for a real long season! so i am now somewhat selective.

rock
02-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I've always enjoyed hunting with my bow, but if I need meat rifle is the way to go, bowhunting is for the enjoyment of the outdoors,