PDA

View Full Version : moose and bows

timber
01-11-2006, 08:54 AM
question for you bow hunters out there , do a lot of guys hunt moose with bows and do you like calling from stands or spot and stock. I guess the question is what do you find the most productive. just so you know i am an outfitter an this is something that I mite get in too. if martin has his way we all mite be throwing sticks then we can ban all wood products.

elkmaster
01-11-2006, 10:23 AM
:arrow: I have guided, and taken out family and friends as well as my self moose hunting in B.C. and the Yukon, by bow and rifle.
The best that has worked for me is spot and calling then stalking, this will be more exciting for your hunters.

Tuffcity
01-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Roaming and calling. My hunting partner and I took in the Region 6, any bull, 6 day season this year and he took a 47" bull at 3 yds doing just that. A couple of seasons ago I had to pass up a 7 yd shot on a 45"+ bull (Region 7) because he only had 2 brow tines on each side ( and one 1/2" bump between one set of brow tines).

Exciting way to hunt.

RC

houndogger
01-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Talk to Mooseman he is a expert at getting clients in close for moose with bow.:wink:

greybark
01-12-2006, 09:59 PM
:-D Hey Timber , I have used the "SPOT and STALK then CALL" with good success . One bull was taken with a 48 lb recurve (my first trad hunt) and another with a 56 lb recurve .
:grin: It is an exciting way to hunt !!!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

rock
01-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Spot and stock is really productive juring the rut, if I know where a good food source is then I'll concentrate on that surrounding area. There's one good food source moose can not resist and I'm sure a few of you guys know what that is. Thats where you find most of the game.

PGKris
01-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Treestands don't work ;)

timber
01-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the info guys I hate tree stands just cant sit that long.thats basically how we hunt now. just not that close on the moose.but we been that close on bears in spring. thanks

PGKris
01-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Treestanding is worth the wait. Well worth the wait. ever see a moose look up? But I didn't say that ;)

houndogger
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey Timber get ahold of mooseman. He is in the process of making a moose calling and dog tracking video. Very experieced at bowhunting moose.