PDA

View Full Version : alpine vs pse

drivintrucks_shootinbucks
10-23-2009, 05:21 PM
i am in a toss up right now between either a pse stinger bow package, or an alpine frontier bow package. i used to shoot when i was younger, but am just getting back into it for hunting. i am not sure which bow is the better deal, so was hoping for some input from others who have had experience with these 2 bows

Kirby
10-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Never shot the frontier package, nor the stinger, either Alpine or PSE are good bows. My suggestion would be to find a pro shop, test shoot both.

Where are you located?

Kirby

Bow Walker
10-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Given the quality of today's bows and/or packages you would be pleased with either one. Try to get the real feel for the bows before you spend your $$$

tomahawk
10-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Given the quality of today's bows and/or packages you would be pleased with either one. Try to get the real feel for the bows before you spend your $$$

Great advice!

Bowzone_Mikey
10-24-2009, 08:55 AM
where as I know dollars have a great deal to do with what to purchase ... hear me out ....

if you are set on these on two packages for bugetary reasons or whatever ... then go to shops and physically pick them up ... any self respecting shop will let you "test drive" them and buy the one that feels the best.

Both Alpine and PSE make quality equipment ..... Alpine is a much smaller company than PSE so they have to make sure that their stuff is good ....PSE is the largest company in the Archery world ... there is a reason for that (maybe not bow wise but they own many patents that are used on each bow produced today ex. Cable gaurds, Compound bow concept, Flipper rests etc, take down recurve concept etc...)
basically if you look at your bow ... whether it be Hoyt, Mathews, Black widow etc... something on it was designed by the PSE company.

Like Walker said... get what feels right to you ... either or would be a Fine animal Harvester machine

Bigbear
10-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Stay away from the Alpine Frontier Bow . Its real crap. Cam & wheel Bushings are Plastic Not Teflon or Bearinged. It is also very Thumpy in the hand . I think you would Be dissapointed. Ther are Better bows than that for the same Money . Diamond, Mission, just to Name a few . Call around to some Dealers and get some Prices, and or try a few at some shops.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Stay away from the Alpine Frontier Bow . Its real crap. Cam & wheel Bushings are Plastic Not Teflon or Bearinged. It is also very Thumpy in the hand . I think you would Be dissapointed. Ther are Better bows than that for the same Money . Diamond, Mission, just to Name a few . Call around to some Dealers and get some Prices, and or try a few at some shops.

Really Bear??? ....

I'll hafta remember that when people ask me about starter packages

Thanks Bud

Mike

Kudu
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Good advice above,

I'm a PSE owner and am really happy with my X bow.

Buying a bow is like buying a fly rod, test drive it first - brand names means diddly squat if the bow doesn't fit you.

xtremearchery
12-01-2009, 09:22 AM
PSE all the way baby! Hard to beat! From their entry level right up to the x-force, the quality is there. I have referred a few people to get that stinger pkg and they have all been very happy. Sooth draw and very quiet. don't let the shortness of this bow bother you, it is one forgiving bow.

BCHoyt
12-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Ive also been considering the stinger package as its right in my price range for a new bow... Hopefully will get into a shop soon to check one out!

12-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Ive also been considering the stinger package as its right in my price range for a new bow... Hopefully will get into a shop soon to check one out!

I have the PSE Stinger, and it's a great bow for the price. Very accurate and reasonably smooth draw cycle. Definately will keep-up with bows that cost twice as much in the hunting woods.

Jagermeister
12-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Since you're in PG, it's a short hop to Quesnel. Go see Murray Arno, he is on the north side just in behind the 4 Mile Store. He has a shop at his home and you can try some out. Murray is most helpful.
You could also try Sandy Watson on the southside of Quesnel. Sandy has attended Pete Shepley's PSE school.
Both are very knowledgeable, but I would have to give my nod to Murray, sorry Sandy if you should happen to read this.

oldtimer
12-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Since you're in PG, it's a short hop to Quesnel. Go see Murray Arno, he is on the north side just in behind the 4 Mile Store. He has a shop at his home and you can try some out. Murray is most helpful.
You could also try Sandy Watson on the southside of Quesnel. Sandy has attended Pete Shepley's PSE school.
Both are very knowledgeable, but I would have to give my nod to Murray, sorry Sandy if you should happen to read this.

Both are good but why not give Ted Stern a call in PG. He is also very helpfull and knowledgeable. Mike