PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to texada

Nails
01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
I am heading to texada on weds morning on the 1000 hrs comox ferry. The season closes on sunday. Anyone heading up, I will be hunting low. I'm driving my 88 black/silver ford p/u with HuntingBC.ca decal on the rear bumper.

bochunk2000
01-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I wish I was going with ya Nails but I'm all tagged out. Be safe and have fun. Call me when you get back if you need help cutting up all those deer you're gonna get. Good luck out there. Steve.

Spokerider
01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I went to Texada a couple of years ago. I thought it'd be like shooting fish-in- barrel. As it turned out, those little wabbits [ and they are small deer on Texada ] were really cagey. They had been pushed all season, stuck to tunnels through the thickest brush they could find and were pretty much nocturnal. All in all, it was tough hunting with lots of competion from other hunters. After that hunt I figured it'd be my first and last time there with my time better spent alone on a remote mountain somewhere chasing after some blacktail buck in his bedroom.

I'm curious to hear how the hunting is now.
Hope those wabbits show themselves to you....:smile:

Nails
01-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Spokerider I know what you mean, it is not a cake walk thats for sure this late in the season. It will be great to just get back out though. Who knows I may release a arrow, but who am I kinding...

I wil be taking a digital camera, so all the guys asking about pics, I will see what I can do, but don't hold your breath.:lol: