PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Jan 09

BlacktailStalker
01-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Hit the Stamp again, hey why not, the fishings hot ! Whacked out a bunch of bush and appropriately named it the bushwack run after releasing a beauty 30" hatchery doe in that run, she had a bit of colour to her but put up a great battle. Also released a nice wild chrome doe of about 5/6 pounds. It's amazing how much better those wild fish scrap compared to a hatchery fish. Missed one other and also released a small 2/3 pound steelie smolt. My buddy rolled a couple but still, 3 trips later and nothing to the beach. I think next trip we'll try the gold. Hope everyone is hookin em bright and lettin em go.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1927&cat=500

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1926&cat=500

ex bc guide
01-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Great pics,We used to fish the stamp lots before the ferry prices went to high,now it is the fraser or the vedder.Sure miss those stamp days
Mike

Steeleco
01-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Here you go. http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/101_0804.JPG

BlacktailStalker
01-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks Steeleco, I never did try and figure out how to get the pic to post, just the link.

BlacktailStalker
01-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Never fished the Vedder or the Fraser but I know my fishing well enough to know some respectable hogs come out of there !! i also understand it can be quite the zoo as far as people go. 5 years ago a guy could find himself alone on the Stamp but that sure isnt the case now !! Weekdays are definitely the days to be there, if a guy can pull it off anyways.
Good luck guys.

Steeleco
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
If you want to go combat fishing, try what's called the "limit hole" on the Vedder. you can find two guys standing within the reach of your rod when the coho are running, one of the reasons I haven't fished for a few years. Once I can afford a decent boat the Socks are in trouble!!!

BlacktailStalker
01-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Combat fishing lol, I'll pass. Just talked to a friend who has been fishing the puntledge for steelhead, and the coho we all went out for in october (that never showed up) are showing up now. It's the most bizzare return ever, I'd imagine the warmer ocean temperatures, etc etc are reason for this. At least they are coming back and weren't just a no-show this year. Same thing is happening in the Gold.
Unfortunately the same friend also asked if I wanted to drift the Stamp tomorrow... Thankfully I'm in between work right now and I get to post another Stamp report tomorrow :)

lip_ripper00
01-09-2006, 10:17 PM
If you want to go combat fishing, try what's called the "limit hole" on the Vedder. you can find two guys standing within the reach of your rod when the coho are running, one of the reasons I haven't fished for a few years. Once I can afford a decent boat the Socks are in trouble!!!the limit hole is for taking a case of beer and sitting on the rocks and watching, better than Laure and hardy.The Vedder does produce lots of fish most people want to get out of their car and fish. Lots of good places if you want to walk;)

farmboy
01-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Being fishing the Vedder River for 28 years never bother fishing it during last couple years for salmon and Dec.-Jan.- Feb. steelhead fishery now a days.

During the zoo salmon fishery too many fishermen with no regard for fishing etiquette or respected the regulation e.g dragged the salmon up the gravel bar and boot it back.

Love to fished up country during Fall hunting season. Packed a belly boat, fly rod along and hunt in the morning and fished from noon to 3:00p.m and back to hunting again. Priceless.:-D

steel_ram
01-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Worst crouded river fishing I've seen on VI is on the Stamp at "the Bucket". "Fishermen" crouded on both sides trying to "floss" (snag) fish at the tiny little hold at the top of the rapid. Nice real fishing water below there though.

death-junky
01-13-2006, 07:03 PM
is this the Stamp River in Port alberni?????
i live just down the road from it. i can walk there every day :D
talk to ya all later
Riley

steel_ram
01-13-2006, 07:43 PM
is this the Stamp River in Port alberni?????
i live just down the road from it. i can walk there every day :D
talk to ya all later
Riley

Well then, we'll be expecting up to date accurate conditions reports.

BlacktailStalker
01-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Thats the river we're talkin about.
Drifted it 3 days ago, hooked 14 steelhead, 10 to the boat.
My buddy drifted it 2 days later and they hooked 22. River is blown out now, they left early because of water clarity and how high it was.
Good luck