PDA

View Full Version : Need help on smoked duck...

huntcoop
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Need some advice on smoking a whole or parts of a duck. I want to use my Little Chief. I'm new to ducks and any advice would be appreciated. Such as care prior to smoking, marinate recipes etc...

NEEHAMA
01-09-2006, 04:50 PM
i have been working on that too. what i have learned is ,
you must soak duck over night in salt water. i use luke/warm water.
then i smoke legs and breast skinless. i cut into strips and brine like i would jerky. i like to brine duck for about forty years...lol garlic, balsamic, cayanne, pepper, worsch, wisky, hot sauce, and if your lucky it will taste like the brine. good luck. thats all i know. i will be watching this thread cause i need some help to.

Fred
01-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Take it from this old idiot, You have to chop it real short and very fine then dry it out super well, or it messes up your rolling papers! :roll: :wink: Fred

plumbob
01-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I used to brine them in a ham brine for a couple days also injecting the breasts,then wash of brine let tack up and then smoke.Once done smoking you wash them again in cold water,then dry the off and there you go smoke duck.I've always used a bradley just because thats what I had.I did whole ducks and then just breasted some out and put them in a ham net and did them that way.

Blacktail
01-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Take it from this old idiot, You have to chop it real shot and very fine then dry it out super well, or it messes up your rolling papers! :roll: :wink: Fred

And don't try it with them fish ducks!!:mad:

They burn the hell out of your throat:shock:

Archive
02-27-2006, 01:37 AM
So how did the ducks turn out? I have some breasted out in the freezer waiting to be done.

huntcoop
03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Never got around to doing any. I have the darn smoker but never use it. I love smoked meats. I should pull it out and smoke something.