PDA

View Full Version : High Country Sniper( compound )

JohnS
01-08-2006, 11:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone here could please give me some info on this bow i have one its way, I was told its a very fast bow and its a round wheel, what is the difference cam? round wheel, lol this is alittle different from my PSE Venom so it should be fun. Looking for any comments good or Bad i like to wiegh the difference lol cheers

Thunderstix
01-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Round wheel cams are the old style so essentially it will have 2 round wheels on each side. Definitely not as fast as the new style cams, but fast enough to go completely through whatever you are hunting.

01-09-2006, 11:19 AM
l have an older Browning bow that started life with the round wheel cams and when one of them broke, my bow doctor replaced both with an eccentric cam..........the two differences l have noticed is the newer style ones aren't quiet as smooth in the release as the round wheels were, and my bow is little faster now, then with the old round style cams.....

Nails
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the site PSE Venom, like the guys are saying about round wheels is right. I believe these bows have a longer brace height which makes them a very forgiving bow.

JohnS
01-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks Guys ... i am looking forward to shooting this Bow even for a older model LOL sometimes OLD is good

oldtimer
01-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Yes it is PSE Venom !!!! lol I own a high country Carbon Force and it is an excellent bow. I use it for hunting and have a Diamond rapture for target and 3D. welcome

Walksalot
01-13-2006, 07:30 PM
I use an older Browning Midas Hunter with round wheels.

NightOwl74
02-28-2006, 02:44 AM
I used to have a High Country Sniper. It was an awesome bow and I regret selling it. It had the wheels too. I loved the wood handle it had. These new bows are a rip. A plastic handle on an $800 bow? The Sniper is a beauty, enjoy. And fast!