PDA

View Full Version : Brother coming from Alberta...Question

WaterSkeeter
10-06-2009, 10:49 PM
I have a 15 year old brother who lives in Quesnel and is coming here (Hinton) to visit and I want to take him hunting. What all would he need to hunt here? (paperwork wise) does he have to take the Alberta hunter education course?

buckwild76
10-25-2009, 10:01 PM
your brother will have to apply for a WIN card. (Wildlife Identification Number) to hunt in Alberta. Just go to albertarelm.com it only costs $8.00 and you get an immediate printout of the number but it takes 1-2 months to get the actual card. You need this to hunt legally and he is supposed to be accompanied by someone (Alta. Resident) who has held a clean license for at least three years. Good Luck!

knighthunter
10-26-2009, 08:18 AM
your brother will have to apply for a WIN card. (Wildlife Identification Number) to hunt in Alberta. Just go to albertarelm.com it only costs $8.00 and you get an immediate printout of the number but it takes 1-2 months to get the actual card. You need this to hunt legally and he is supposed to be accompanied by someone (Alta. Resident) who has held a clean license for at least three years. Good Luck!
You over that H1N1 already? Boy that didn't take long.

digger dogger
10-26-2009, 09:49 AM
you also need a c class guiding licence, to take a non albertan, canadian citizen hunting.. (it's free) if your cuz has a bc hunter # he doesn't have to take any courses i'm not sure about being a minor though..if the web site doesn't help ya try this # 1-888-944-5494, alberta relm...

300wsm
10-26-2009, 10:00 AM
you also need a c class guiding licence, to take a non albertan, canadian citizen hunting

ummm is that another name for hunter host?? you just have to buy it, and it is not free but not too expensive.

i hunt alberta every year and all i did was get my WIN number and my hunting partner gets his hunter host license. then we buy our tags and harvest our meat. a bill of lading must be filled out if you take his meat home without him and tags must accompany the harvest when transporting.

if he has a BC license it should be the same.

i am leaving for alberta on sunday hopefully to keep our old faithful meathole streak alive!!
each of the last few years it has been 2 moose and at least 4 dear between 3 guys. i love that hunt!

300wsm

digger dogger
10-26-2009, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=300wsm;537800]ummm is that another name for hunter host?? you just have to buy it, and it is not free but not too expensive.

ummm yes it is.. when i started to hunt alberta it was called a c- class guiding permit.. things may have changed...........

300wsm
10-26-2009, 10:18 AM
here skeeter this is the hunter host info from page 23 or alberta regs...

your brother is not a non resident "alien" rather a non resident hunter so all of it doesn't apply. it doesn't say anything about class c guiding or 3 years minimum alberta license for the host. the one unclear thing is in the line that states the host must "accompany". there is no definition of the word accompany in the alberta regs like there is in bc. i called the Peace CO's and they said it is the same as BC...must be with them and be able to communicate by unamplified voice...

A Hunter Host

 Must be an adult resident, and be eligible to hold recreational hunting
licences.

 Must be the holder of a valid WIN and Hunter Host Licence (below).

 may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept
remuneration, directly or indirectly, for such services.

 may host a maximum of two (2) hunters/year, either Non-residents
(Canadian), Non-resident Aliens or a combination thereof. If hosting 2
Non-resident Aliens, at least 1 must be a relative.

 may host Non-resident Aliens only if the host has not hosted a Nonresident
Alien in the previous two (2) fiscal years (April 1 to March 31).

 must report to the Fish and Wildlife Division by December 31 in the
year of harvest, all hunting activities by the Non-resident Aliens he or
she hosted.

 must accompany the hunter(s) named on his or her Hunter Host
Licence while they are hunting big game under the authority of the
Hunter Host Licence.

Hunter Host Licence

A resident who wishes to be a Hunter Host may purchase a Hunter Host
Licence at any private licence issuer. You must have the WIN(s) of the nonresident(
s) at the time of purchase. You must ensure that the hunters you host
are named on your Hunter Host Licence. If you purchase your Hunter Host
Licence naming one hunter and you decide to add a second hunter to your
licence at a later date, you can do so at no additional charge. Return to a
private licence issuer with your licence and have it amended. Once you have
purchased your Hunter Host Licence, the hunters may purchase their licences

good luck with your little bro. it should be easy to get him out there hunting. i think the deer tags cost me about 120 bucks each though!!

300wsm

IronNoggin
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Things have changed somewhat over in Alberta Digger. Class C now equals Hunter Host.
And, the Host does not have to be "in good standing" for the previous three years. In fact, one fellow I know is hosting a Buddy, and this is his first year hunting that province as a resident. All cleared through the CO's.

Off to Alberta for 5 weeks myself day after tomorrow. Both a Guide License in hand, and being hosted by our crew's other main guide. Sweet! Can't Wait!! :p

Cheers,
Nog