PDA

View Full Version : Island Bow hunters

BCHoyt
01-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey guys.. New to the site and thought I would say hi... I havent fired a bow in about 10 yrs and just decided to get back into it.. Bought myself a brand new Hoyt and cant wait for hunting season to open. Im looking for any island bowhunters that would be interested in goin on hunts together. Wife doesnt want me out there alone... :) Im in the comox valley but do travel up and down the island.

Also another question while Im here.. Anyone use whisker bisquits with carbon arrows and what are they like compared to drop away rests. Im still undecided on the rest I put on my bow.

You can get a hold of me on here or on msn at angels_lil_devil22@hotmail.com

BlacktailStalker
01-05-2006, 11:55 AM
There are lots of bowhunters (on here anyways) and there is a bowhunting forum on here as well as a target archery forum all on the main page. Good choice on the Hoyt, been happily shooting one for 3 years now. If you go into the bowhunting forum there is already a thread on the whisker biscuits.

Nails
01-05-2006, 04:04 PM
BCHoyt, Welcome to the site and to the bowhunting world again. Theres a good group people here with lots of info to help you out.

elkmaster
01-05-2006, 09:19 PM
The rest is a bit bigger than your drop away rest but it has no moving parts such as many arrow rests and works well with carbon arrows, my son uses one with carbon arrows and wouldn't trade it for any thing.
The one thing you must keep in mind is that when you decide to buy one to make sure you buy the rite hole size diameter to fit your shafts!

sealevel
01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
A WB is a very good rest quit imo the best for hunting. but i do lots of shooting so i don`t use one i am getting a new bow for 3d i will put my trophy taker on it and a WB will go on my old bow witch will be my hunting bow.

willyqbc
01-06-2006, 01:30 AM
Welcome to the site! Always good to see another stick flinger on the forum! My opinion..... I wouldn't ever put a bisquit on any of my bows.... i just don't like anything touching my arrow as it leaves the bow, let alone something wrapped right around it... but thats just me, lots of very good shooters use them with great success. Either way you go, if you do your job the rest will do its job.

Chris

Thunderstix
01-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Good to see another stick flinger hanging about!

BCHoyt
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.. And Im glad I was told about this site... Things sure have changed in technology in the last 10 yrs since I owned a browning compound and recurve. I remember still shooting wood shafts... lol

Blacktail
01-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Welcome BCHoyt
IF you are down this way and ya want some company let me know

I havent shot archery in a couple of years due to rotator cuff injuries but am slowly working back into it.

Sticking it is just the best!!:cool:

BCHoyt
01-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I dont usually make it as far as Vic but if I do I will let you know for sure... Anyone that would want to chat on msn feel free to add me.. angels_lil_devil22@hotmail.com