PDA

View Full Version : N.Z. taxidermy...

BCHunterFSJ
09-30-2009, 12:27 PM
I am going on a hunt to New Zealand in April 2010 and hope to bring back a red stag and a tahr. Can someone recommend a taxidermist in B.C. who has experience mounting animals from New Zealand and does real quality work? Any tips would be appreciated...

BiG Boar
09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I will see how mainland hunters work is. 2 of us got our stags and tarhs in Ray's shop and 2 buddies have thiers at ganders. The Tarhs will be the real hard ones, to get a flaggin mane's. I trust and hope Ray will shine on this one, and if he does, he will be getting a lot more of my bussiness. I am off to the dark continent for 17 days, so if he pulls this off, he should get some more work soon.

Jetboater
09-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Rick Gander is the best for exotic animals.... hands down..... just go in and have a look if you can swing it....

plumbcrazy
09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I've taken stuff to Gander as of late. They alwaays produce.

Brew
09-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Gander is great. I have some work and an ex boss has one of the nicest trophy rooms I've seen and all mounts were done by Gander.

1/2 slam
09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Take it to Frank Gilbert (Fur and Feathers) in Surrey if you want great work. He does all my work. Gander is so so. And yes I've looked at a pile of his work. Frank has re mounted a number of Gander mounts.

He currently has a 1/2 life sized Tahr, Transcaspian Urial ,Persian Ibex, Warthog and a Blesbok on the go. (I was there 2 hours ago) He's done a lot of Tahr and Red Stag.