PDA

View Full Version : hunting boots

ruger#1
01-02-2006, 12:49 PM
if anyone is looking for new hunting boots, marks work wear world in abbotsford has , Irish setter, elk trackers on for $99.99 , they have 1000 grams ultra thinsulate, gortex, bulls-eye air bob carbon rubber sole, Sb foot scrunch- camo effect leather, mossy oak break-up cordura fabric, scent ban odor inhibitor foot bed. i have bought a pair of these and they are very comfortable, i will not be buying Rocky's anymore, as in the first week of my hunt my Rocky's came apart , and they did give me a new pair but not in the pateren that i had before, and to be honest with you you cannot buy a good hunting boot in gortex [ Irish setter ] any negative comment can be sent to pm Paul martin. Thank you.

CHilko21
01-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I think I'm gonna have to see if the Mark's in Williams Lake has the same boots. My hikers ended up literally shredded in our trailer accident in August, and I've been wearing my brother's old ones since then. Since he's got size 13 feet and I have size 71/2, this has been a bit of a problem (lots of socks and felt pack liners helped out though). Thank you for the heads-up ruger, I'll have to check out my local Mark's.

ruger#1
01-02-2006, 04:38 PM
hey chilko, my feet are size 7 . and i bought size 8 they do fit good, good luck up there.

i6s1
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Is this the one at the crazy intersection right by Hub Sports? Tommorow I'm going up to Mission with a new hunter who needs to get geared up.

Thanks for the tip.

ruger#1
01-02-2006, 05:36 PM
yes it is i6s1. they had about ten boxxes there friday, they also have camo gear, made by rocky, but you could probably get a better deal from archery experts, rodger at hubs is good to deal with to or dusty if he is back. i picked up pine tree camo, made by dickies. they seem fine.

Fred
01-02-2006, 05:45 PM
I was there this afternoon and there were only 3 pairs left. Sizes 8,13 and 14! Didn't do much for me!! :sad: :biggrin: Fred

ruger#1
01-02-2006, 05:47 PM
i might go and pick that other pair of #8 up tommorow.

REDGREEN
01-03-2006, 12:56 AM
I was there this afternoon and there were only 3 pairs left. Sizes 8,13 and 14! Didn't do much for me!! :sad: :biggrin: Fred

Hey, Fred, you could get the 14's and wear an extra pair of socks.:biggrin: :lol:

Fred
01-03-2006, 10:49 AM
That's true,and I couldn't stick my foot in my mouth no more niether! :wink: Fred

Husky7mm
01-04-2006, 08:44 PM
hey chilko, my feet are size 7 . and i bought size 8 they do fit good, good luck up there.
ruger You know what they say about guys with small feet...:lol: on a more serious note the irish setter elk tracker are the most comfy/dry boot I've ever owned. I too was unhappy with my rockys, they always leaked, kind of like my fricken $600 browning pro series hydro fleece, very disapointed:mad: Those boots are deal at $99 I paid over $200 for mine on sale at marks this spring:mad: :sad:

Elkhound
01-16-2006, 02:28 PM
One thing you need to keep in mind are, yes, they are Irish setter Elk trackers, but there are quite a few different models of Elk trackers. I checked them out and the ones they had were not the waterproof models. Just so you all know. But the boots were a great price.

moose hunter
01-16-2006, 07:49 PM
guys this boy is size 12 i buy rocky u may see thier dumb commericals all the time but the boots are awesum i bout a pair of camo waterproof insulated studed steel toed botts for 88 bucks and they are the best