PDA

View Full Version : Re-string a compound.

358win
09-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Help people...

I’m just getting into this…
What does it cost normally to re-string a compound bow?
How often does it need done??

Thanks.

lilhoss
09-25-2009, 07:31 PM
The guy at Bucky's in Duncan(Richard) told me every year ,but I've had mine on for about 6 seasons now.2 black bears,1 broken nock at a blacktail buck,complete miss,and about 20-30 shots at a 3d deer target per season.I think he said it was about 80 bucks? to have it re-strung.It is still in good shape though,but I should get it done,cause I know I'll find out the hard way ,that it was too late!!

Bow Walker
09-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Depending on the bow - it should cost you no more than $80 - $90 (all in) for string and cables for your compound. That's through mail order too.

PM Eagle1, he's a member here and he builds strings, cables, crossbow strings/cables, and anything in between. He's the best - just ask him! Only Kidding Bill, only kidding.

Seriously though, Eage1 can do the job for you and do it very well.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I use the Worlds Best strings and cables ...
http://worldsbeststrings.com/index.html

Made in Sask .. by a guy that loves the sport ....

Allans quality is second to none

as for Cost ... Al charges $66 to your door for a solo cam and one Yoke ... and $95 to your door for a string and 2 cables (2 cam, Binary cam or Hybrid cam bow)

No ill will to Eagle1 as I have never used his product... I have tried many string makers (alot are very well known and considered the industry standard) and i keep coming back to Al at Worlds Best

as for how often .... it depends on how much you shoot, what kind of conditions you shoot in ... how well the string is looked after .. how well its constructed ....

lemme expand ... I shoot my target bows often ...but not as often as I should .... I change strings and cables religiously every 6 months under normal conditions (I know guys that do it 3 months or less)

I wax my string religously ... I know that the string material was conditioned and wax well when constructed .... that said ... alot of Indoor 3D are held in indoor riding arenas (dusty as hell) wax all you want .. there will still get bits of dust into your string and wear it out quicker ... indoor season I tend to change strings quicker.

My Hunting Bow I change yearly at the very minimum .... usually at the end of the fall season in January (ish) ... over the course of the year I Shoot I suspect around 1000 arrows out of this bow(100 arrows/day 2x week ,50 weeks a year on average) but its also exposed to some extremes (dust, wind, rain, snow, mud, heat, cold and crap)

358win
09-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks Guy's. I took it to Blacktail Outdoors in Ladysmith this morning.
Appreciate you help.

Eagle1
09-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Depending on the bow - it should cost you no more than $80 - $90 (all in) for string and cables for your compound. That's through mail order too.

PM Eagle1, he's a member here and he builds strings, cables, crossbow strings/cables, and anything in between. He's the best - just ask him! Only Kidding Bill, only kidding.

Seriously though, Eage1 can do the job for you and do it very well.

Thanks Dan, I know your only kidding:biggrin:

Eagle1
09-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks 358win, I have your bow and it's in good hands, come by the shop on Sat,Oct3rd and it will be all done and ready to go. $90.00 all said and done for 2 color string & cables.
I've been into archery for about 35years and been building strings for about 18-20 years now, I put a string on my hunting bow every 2 years,or sooner if it shows signs of wear & tear cause of more extreme hunting conditions, my 3-D bow every year,around Dec, so I can work out all the bugs involved with a new string,before the start of the 3-D season.

358win
09-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks Eagle1, I'll be there.

popomen
12-27-2009, 03:21 AM
you are right.