PDA

View Full Version : Looking for grouse wings.

seanps
09-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi all! I have a 15-month-old chocolate lab, and I'd like to get him started on his retriever/gun dog training.

I live in downtown Vancouver, and I'm trying to get my hands on some grouse wings to clip on to his training dummies. Or, some sort of bird scent, if possible.

Anyone have any wings they'd be willing to give up, or let me know where I could find bottle scent? Thanks!

Paulyman
09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I will be going on a hunting trip in 10 days and I will be back on the 17th of oct.I am sure I will bag a grouse maybe even a bunch,let me know if that works for you as I could get them to you quite easily!

Paul

seanps
09-24-2009, 11:10 AM
That'd be great, thanks!

I'm new to B.C. and didn't release grouse season was already underway (out in New Brunswick, it's Oct. 1). I may see if I can scout out some logging roads in Squamish this weekend. :)

ruger#1
09-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Remington and dokken also sell bird scent, I bought my last bottle from SIR, now they are Cabelas. www.cabelas.ca (http://www.cabelas.ca) hope this helps.

Jimbo
09-26-2009, 11:59 AM
I have some bird winds left over from last winter and 1 new grouse wing in the freezer right now. If you or anyone else wants some send me a PM and I'll try and meet you.