PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to get ready?

09-21-2009, 08:16 AM
well I just finished melting and molding my lead weights. I ended up running out of lead after making 53 8 oz mushroom weights, and the things look pro with the mould I got from cabelas.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0021464314530a&navCount=3&podId=0021464&parentId=cat20829&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=waterfowlpp_2009_090109-catfeathunt&catalogCode=XK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20829&hasJS=true

I was just wondering what you guys are doing to get ready? making some new technology for opening day? setting up a new gang rig? painting decoys? putting a new cupholder into your boat?

rudar
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Well, driving out to mission and shooting trap to remember how the shotgun works... 9 and 10 out of 25 yesterday... Probably need to try squeeze in a few more trips...

Also, putting the finishing touches onto a portage yoke and portage cart I built for my canoe. The yoke works well; I've tested it on a couple of scouting trips. But the cart would let me load all the junk into the canoe at the car, then wheel it all down in one trip. Just need longer bolts than the ones I bought, to bolt the webbing the canoe will sit on to it...

303Brit
09-21-2009, 10:39 AM
I've been going to the 2 farms I hunt and remindering the farmers its almost october and they need to take the corn off the fields, that way when it rain we have our puddles. Outside of that we did all the decoys and blind work last month before Goose opened, we figured we had 3/4 of the stuff out; might as well touch them all up then.

outside of that doing rain dances to fill up the fields

branthunter
09-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Cleaning up the shack, new switch on the winch, swimming the dogs, taking snaps off the brant/Canada decoys and putting them on the snows (happily I repainted all the snow goose decoys last year then didn't use them so that's all done), test run the punt motor, and maybe even get a head start and grass in the punts -----but mostly packing to go on a moose hunt Thursday am. for 2 weeks. I'll be calling you to get out for wavies in week 2 John.