PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Hunting British Columbia

Marc
12-28-2005, 06:16 PM
I've noticed that we have a lot of guest who are browsing the site and are trying to post.

In order to post on this site or see the pictures in the gallery you have to be a registered member. Membership is absolutely free with no strings attached. You'll find that it's a great atmosphere on HuntingBC.ca with tones of information and lots of experienced people to ask questions too. It's a great place to meet other hunters in your area and swap hunts with people from the other side of the province.

Welcome to Huntingbc.ca!

Here are a few suggestions to help you with becoming a new member.

You can only become a member if you use a valid email address, as part of the registering process it sends you a confirmation email to finish the registering process. If you use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, or any other free email services that has a Spam, junk filter, or pop up filter, it will not allow the registration to be completed. You may have to disable this option until your registration is completed. It’s so much easier to just use your email address provided to you by your Internet provider. We don’t have pop ups, or send Spam to our members.

Marc.

bsa30-06
12-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Every thing marc said is the truth , come on guys and gals their are alot of good people here with lots of knowledge and great stories, join us and tell us about your hunting season.

Rossbay
05-10-2006, 08:32 AM
I just became a new member 15 minutes ago. Look forward to particpating in this site.

Jenni
05-13-2006, 11:40 PM
It's you favorite sister in law! Just having a look at your site while I'm working the night shift! Pretty impressive! You guys have put a lot of work into this site!
:D Jenni

Wolfman
06-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey all.

I just signed up. Looks like a real great site and forum. I look forward to dropping by often!

Regards

Mike in Vancouver

huntwriter
06-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey all.

I just signed up. Looks like a real great site and forum. I look forward to dropping by often!

Regards

Mike in Vancouver

Welcome Wolfman, make yourself at home here.

nykoma
06-19-2006, 03:57 PM
new to the site thought i pop this in a big hello from the west kootenays:razz:

elkster
06-20-2006, 09:34 AM
new to the site thought i pop this in a big hello from the west kootenays:razz:

Welcome to the site. lots of good people and info here. Enjoy!:grin:

ASPEN
07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
New guy - great site , seem like a good ole bunch here.Don't have a lot of time to participate in discussions (save that for huntin and fishin) hence the several years of lurkin!

Jelvis
07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone , I"m new so I wanted to say hello to you all. I have lived in B.C. all my life and like the outdoors.

Marc
07-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Welcome Aspen and Jelvis. Hope you enjoy the site and the wealth of information.

Marc.

crazylady47
07-18-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm new too, my family are getting into hunting --- and I will get the pleasure of eatin what they get!!!

wildstyle
11-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi to everyone iam new and have been living in vancouver for 1 and a half years now.Just completed core exam and would like to do some hunting. Two problems though, dont no where to hunt, wife dont like me hunting alone.sure would like to hunt some buck

Ubertuber
11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Long time lurker, but not anymore.

Great site Marc!

model88
12-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Great site fellows, wished I would have found it sooner. Love too hunt and fish in the East Kootenays, been here all 38 years.

TIKKA TIGER
01-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I saw this site for the first time last night and had to sign up. Looks like a great site and I'm glad to be aboard. :)

Marc
01-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I saw this site for the first time last night and had to sign up. Looks like a great site and I'm glad to be aboard. :)

Welcome aboard I hope you enjoy the site.

Marc.

TIKKA TIGER
01-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Welcome aboard I hope you enjoy the site.

Marc.

I'm sure I will... Thanks Mark
Cheers 8)

Marc
01-22-2007, 10:17 PM
It's Marc with a "c" your on my bad list already :biggrin:

TIKKA TIGER
01-22-2007, 10:58 PM
It's Marc with a "c" your on my bad list already :biggrin:

Oops!!! Sorry MARC... My apologies :oops:

Zekeland
01-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Newbie to this forum. Figured I should start my research on Hunting BC. Should be making a move in the next 2-4 years to your province. Lots of info and helpful members it seems like.

Looking at Kootenay area for the future. Anything can change. Avid retriever trainer, hardcore waterfowler, and a touch of big game & fishing.

Cheers,
Marty Z

Chris76239
06-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Hello, another new guy for ya.

This will be my second season hunting coming up. Hopefully I can learn something from this site before I have to learn the hard way.

Chris

Steeleco
06-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Welcome Chris, I told you you'd like the place. lots to learn, no time for CGN now!!!

Caveman
06-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Welcome aboard Chris, enjoy.

Mr. Dean
06-07-2007, 11:57 PM
I thought that we weren't accepting walk-in's any longer and that every one was now going to be filling out an application that would be passed around to existing members for their approval.

We GOTTA get this cleared up... We can't turn him back now... didn't you guy's get the memo?

If we keep letting them in willy-nilly, pretty soon I'm gonna loose track of threads/posts.

I bet that this one even knows how to type! Good grief.

Chris76239
06-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Damn your right, My wife is gonna be pissed; between the gun collection and all the time in front of the PC. Ahh she'll have plenty of time to use the computer come September :biggrin:.

Welcome Chris, I told you you'd like the place. lots to learn, no time for CGN now!!!

Browningmirage
06-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Hi everyone , I"m new so I wanted to say hello to you all. I have lived in B.C. all my life and like the outdoors.

New hey...a whole year is new????

Mr. Dean
06-08-2007, 09:18 AM
I think Jelly just recently got released from ?????? Some place that involved he and ~6 months of TIME. :twisted: :-D :wink:

Welcome BACK Jelly Roll!

Jelvis
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
That was from 06, this is 07, you guys are just too good, and your on the best site in North America, Hunting Bc.ca what more could you ask for?

Silent Wolf
06-08-2007, 05:32 PM
JelvisThat was from 06, this is 07, you guys are just too good, and your on the best site in North America, Hunting Bc.ca what more could you ask for?

What more could we ask for hmmm at the next get together you buy all the beer as we emptied a keg at the last one:mrgreen: Bring lots of $$$$$

That is all we ask for.

SW

coolhunter
06-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi everybody , I'm new guy . I wanna know some info about hunting . I enjoy all outdoors Game ! Thx ! Good luck !

superkill
06-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Heard lots about this site come too check it out.
Reconize lots of people on this site from the 3D shoots.
Ive done a few.
Hope to chat with you all.

Mr. Dean
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
ATTENTION MEMBERS.

newb on board. :wink:

Mr. Dean
06-26-2007, 11:36 PM
superkill, where are you from?

Welcome to the playground.

bsa30-06
06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi everybody , I'm new guy . I wanna know some info about hunting . I enjoy all outdoors Game ! Thx ! Good luck !

If it's info your after you have come to the right place.We have lots of knowledgable people here.Welcome to HBC.

coolhunter
07-29-2007, 10:15 PM
If it's info your after you have come to the right place.We have lots of knowledgable people here.Welcome to HBC.
good news:mrgreen:

444marlin
09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I am a registered member and would like to post a question.
I cannot find where one does this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

reach
09-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I am a registered member and would like to post a question.
I cannot find where one does this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!First, use the Search feature to see if your question has already been answered in a previous thread.

If not, open the most appropriate forum (Mainland hunting, open chat, gun talk etc.) and click the "New Thread" blue button towards the top left (or bottom left) of the page.

Have fun! :)

knighthunter
09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
New member here, having just regestered. I been hunting for about 30 years. moose and deer are my favorite animals to hunt. I have never hunted muley's or goats.Shot an elk once, but the meat never impressed me. I am as my name implies.

Drachen Jager
09-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi everybody,

I've been hanging around for a week or so and I've enjoyed your thoughts (especially ruger#1's essay). Due to timing and monetary constraints I won't be joining the hunt this year but if my life works even approximately close to plan I'll be one of the first in the bushes next fall for my first season as a hunter. I'm hoping I'll be able to find someone to mentor me on some of the finer points when the time comes.

Thanks everybody for sharing your knowledge here and I hope everyone has a great season!

Marc
09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Welcome aboard people. We do have a lot of skill and knowledge that the members are more then willing to share to help people to learn or improve their hunting skills. By all means if a question comes up that you may be able to help with don't be shy.

Welcome to the site.

Marc.

Mr. Dean
09-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Bring it ON. :cool:

FWIW. Don't let getting out there and learning from experience, be a teacher also. :mrgreen:

EVERYONE here likes hearing the lesson's taught. :wink:

jae
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone, not actually a hunter but run a cutting operation on Vancouver Island. Always interested in the advice I hear and the different methods used! Great site-share the knowledge!

Mr. Dean
09-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey everyone, not actually a hunter but run a cutting operation on Vancouver Island. Always interested in the advice I hear and the different methods used! Great site-share the knowledge!

Welcome.

You WILL come in handy!

Now we need a joke.... Something along the lines of "once there were two cutters sitting @ the bar..."

:cool:

:lol: :smile:

tamatik
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi..is there something to click on that I can start a new thread?I,m logged in searching for some way to start thread.I,m sure its rite in fron tof me but for the life of me I cant see it..I can reply to threads.

Thanx
Gord in Kitimat

Mr. Dean
09-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Go into the Forums page, open one that seems fitting.... Then on the upper left (?) there's a button that reads 'New Thread'. It's simular to the Post Reply button that you're familar with.

BTW - Welcome!

Gotta joke???

:smile:

bigbbb
03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
marc just found this site. looks to be great. have lived in the cariboo all my life and hunted most of it. look forward to continuing on site.

Marc
03-10-2008, 08:04 PM
marc just found this site. looks to be great. have lived in the cariboo all my life and hunted most of it. look forward to continuing on site.

Hey bigbbb welcome to the site. I've been up to the Cariboo twice now and love what it has to offer. I hope you enjoy the site.

Marc.

cxvalleyman
05-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone , I am new here, just want to say hi to everyone, I lived in Courtenay on Vancouver Island. I love Hunting and Fishing.

blackdog
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone,
This is a terrific website. Last year was my first year hunting. I don't really know many people that hunt so I have started with information in books, magazines and huntingbc. For the past 4 years I have lived in Ucluelet. I spend my summers fishing and sailing as much as I can. West coast fishing is almost too easy this time of year. The last two years I have been getting into winter steelhead fishing from December- on. This is a little bit harder than the chinook/coho fishing off Ucluelet, but I still managed to land a couple. I really tried to get a blacktail buck last year, but it just didn't work out. The bush here on the west coast is so thick, and aside from seeing a single buck ( I believe it was the same buck that I came across multiple times) there aren't many deer outside town. I hunted pretty hard for grouse too. At the end of the year I had two grouse from a single trip - that's about it. So I just wanted to introduce myself here - I'm new to the sport, but there's so much I want to do. At the top of my list: Blacktail from the east island. Next is Waterfowl - I have a great lab who is either a natural bird dog or was trained in his past life. Anyway, that's all for my introduction rant.

Viking
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Welcome blackdog and better luck with hunting this year.

Bow Walker
07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Welcome aboard BD. Love the fresh meat of a newbee! ;)

BTW - you are aware (of course) of the "newbies must post a joke" rule that is physically enforced by HBC's mini-mod aren't you? Don't get Mr. Dean P.O.'d at you. :eek: :roll:

Looking forward to stories of the hunt/pursuit and pics, of course. :mrgreen:

newhunterette
07-09-2008, 08:38 AM
welcome welcome welcome - a joke is must or Mr.Dean will be on the prowl after ya. This is a great site - post away - always great to hear new experiences and dreams of harvesting the critters.

oh and all trips hunting or fishing require pics to follow or the HBC'rs become restless and well ya don't want that to happen hehehehehehehehehehe

Ali

Wolfman
07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, welcome aboard! ;-)

Wolfman

blackdog
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

You guys are a scary bunch. Ok here's a hunting joke:

A hunter gets a scope mounted at the gunsmith. The gunsmith says: you should be able to hit the target at 100 yrds, take a look at my house down the street. The hunter does, and asks: 'is that your wife in the window?' The gunsmith takes the gun and sees his wife undressing in front of the post man in his own living room. 'Here are two cartridges' he says to the hunter.' I want you to shoot my wife in the head, and shoot the postmans dick off.' The hunter takes back the gun, looks through the scope and replies 'I'll only need one.'

todbartell
07-09-2008, 06:47 PM
hahahha...:mrgreen:

Philcott
10-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I have lurked here for a while and finally decided to join up after reading many great stories.

I started hunting, in rural Quebec, back in 1970 when I was 12. My uncle started me out on an old H&R single shot 12ga. with no recoil pad and a bag of ice for the shoulder.

I came to BC in 1978 and started deer hunting in the Tyaughton creek area near Goldbridge. I saw some fantastic country and we got some nice deer.

I now live in Victoria but still do most of my hunting on the mainland. My hunting partner and I go out each fall for a week or two and pursue moose and deer. Though moose is out for us this fall we are still going for our 4 point mule deer hunt.

I'm looking forward to getting to know a bunch of you here and to sharing stories and tips.

All the best,

Phil

Initiation joke:

Phil and his buddy Pete, were out deer hunting a few weeks ago. After following tracks in the snow all morning, they cant to the realization that they were lost. Phil, being a skilled outdoors man with years of experience, reassured his buddy saying, "Don't worry, Pete. All we got to do is shoot three times into the air, stay where we are, and someone will come and find us."

So Pete shot in the air, three times, they waited, but no one came. After an hour or so, they tried again and still no one came. After deciding to try another time Pete said, "I sure hope it works this time, we only have three arrows left."

Mr. Dean
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Yup, you can tell who's been lurking when the jokes just 'come'... :lol:

Welcome fella's!

The 'Hummer'
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Welcome Phil. There are a lot of great people here with a wide variety experience and knowledge that they are willing to share.:smile:

Bow Walker
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Welcome Phil - does that mean that either you or Pete are Archers? Lots of deer and bear here on the sland to test your skills/patience/perseverance.

BigBanger
10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the site .

4570hunter
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Marc a Question .... How to post pics on the site when you right click insert image it asks for URL addy Can you explain this please.

Thx

Mr. Dean
10-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Marc a Question .... How to post pics on the site when you right click insert image it asks for URL addy Can you explain this please.

Thx

It's prompting you to place the address of where the pic is hosted; Even if its HBC's gallery.

Just cut-n-paste it.

Philcott
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM
does that mean that either you or Pete are Archers?

I think using the term archer indicates a certain proficiency level. I ain't there yet.

I believe I might get a chance for some near town deer in the near future but I need to get a better bow and do some more practice. I just have an old crappy low tech recurve now.

I did quite a bit of hunting on the island in the years past but there are a lot of locked gates now and the nice Saturday morning hunt seems to be a thing of the past.

I had some nice week long hunt camps up near Sayward and Gold River some years ago but as everyone knows the deer dried up when the wolfs and cougars were allowed to flourish. It does sound like things are coming back now though so I should make a few weekend trips to see for myself.

Good to chat with like minded folks.

Phil

Spyder
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone! Pritty new to hunting anything other than grouse starting to learn tracking mullies and other game (lot harder than tracking people).

Good luck on your hunts every1
Stay safe
Spyder (aka Greg)

Well I guess i best be putting my "Fresh Meat" joke in too lol...

One Sunday, a priest decided to skip church and go hunting in the neighboring forest. So while he was hunting he saw a gigantic grizzly bear the had stopped to get honey from a beehive. The priest thought the bear was good game, so he clumsily shot at it, and he missed. The bear, startled by the shot, jumped up and started charging at the priest. The priest used his only option: he dropped to his knees and prayed. "Dear God," he said, "Please let this bear be a good christian, a better one than I was." As the bear drew closer, is dropped to its knees and said, "Dear God, thank you for this meal I am about to receive."

Mr. Dean
10-07-2008, 12:04 AM
All good!

Please feel free to plunder and pillage tis site for all its worth. :wink:

Chasinracks
10-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

First time hunter in BC and new on this site. Just signed up a couple of days ago but been reading all your impressive and funny posts for a while. LUUUV this site!

Chasin

So here's another joke:

One summer night, a father and son were talking on the porch when the kid suddenly ask his dad, "hey dad, how did you ever come up with our names?" "Well son..." the father answered, "when your sister was born, I saw a falling star so I named her 'Falling star'.... and when your brother was born, I saw a running deer so I named him 'Running buck'. So.... why are you asking.... Pooping dog?"

Mr. Dean
10-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

First time hunter in BC and new on this site. Just signed up a couple of days ago but been reading all your impressive and funny posts for a while. LUUUV this site!

Chasin

So here's another joke:

One summer night, a father and son were talking on the porch when the kid suddenly ask his dad, "hey dad, how did you ever come up with our names?" "Well son..." the father answered, "when your sister was born, I saw a falling star so I named her 'Falling star'.... and when your brother was born, I saw a running deer so I named him 'Running buck'. So.... why are you asking.... Pooping dog?"

YOU'RE IN!

Enjoy the forums.

3006pg
07-12-2009, 02:07 AM
just joined about 5 days ago , awesome site guys

Wolfman
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Welcome aboard.

Hope you enjoy your mass quantities of reading here :smile:

Wolfman

3006pg
07-12-2009, 11:16 PM
its crazy how much sweet stuff and helpful tips there are

Squamch
09-01-2009, 06:39 AM
new here, been hunting in BC since I was 8, so about 15 years with a break here and there to live in other inferior provinces. Looks like an excellent resource, I'll be by pretty often.

NaStY
09-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Welcome to HBC...

Theirs lots of info and many people willing to share.

sbrown
09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
new guy and family here ,finally the youts are very young adults and we can get back to fishing and hunting.Great site here look forward to all the info and knowledge .

Magnumb
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Guys, new guy to the site and I have found it to be awsome. Great tips and stories.
I myself am an archery addict. Nice to find some others with the same passion. Although I like to hear the bark from my rifles from time to time.
Thanks to my buddy Elkhound for getting me to sign up.
I'll have to get back on the initiation joke, got a few just no time.
Cheers,
Scott

Magnumb
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Okay here's a couple of jokes, hope they are new to some.

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says to him "Hey, why the long face?"

What do divorce in the south and hurricanes have in common? Eventually someone is losing a trailer.

What is the worst thing someone can do during sex? Phone their spouse.

Thanks for letting me share....

Island Idiots
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi,
I have been visiting this site for some time and thought I should say hello.
Hello! Here is the required joke:
Three guys are out hunting and sitting around the evening campfire exchanging their worst experiences.
The first guy says the worst thing that ever happened to him was, he was up on a scaffold 7 stories high washing windows when the scaffold collapsed and he fell, breaking every bone in his body and he was hospitalized for six months.
The second guy says the worst thing that ever happened to him was, he was hitch-hiking and a Greyhound bus ran over him, breaking his back and he wound up in the hospital for nearly a year. The 3rd guy was not saying anything, so one of the others asked him about his worst experience. He said, "Well, I'll tell you about the second worst thing that ever happened to me, I was out hunting one time and I had to take a shit, so I stepped behind a tree, dropped my trousers, and crouched down into *the* position."
"Yeah? what happened next?" asks his friend. "I got a little too close to the ground and -- WHAM -- a bear trap snapped shut on my testicles." One of the other guys said, "God! If that was the second worst, what in the world was the worst?" He calmly replied, "Oh, that would be when I reached the end of the chain . . .

:)

Big Dog
01-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Has anyone tried the T3 270wsm shooting Barnes ttsx 130g, if so what kind of loads and groups are U getting

Elkhound
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Big Dog.......try starting a new thread in the appropriate forum. Like this one.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19

You will get way more of a response to your question if the right guys see it.

Justen Massey
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone I am a new member just wanted to say hi and this is a great site and i hope to be able to give more imput on things going on in my neck of the woods.

375 ultramag
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey all......New guy checking in from the wet tip of Vancouver Island Great site. Love the story's and pic's

FLHTCUI
01-20-2010, 06:08 PM
375 dont look over your shoulder just yet ;)
Welcome to a great site with some great people with good advice and tips too.
But, those come with a price....
Tight Groups,
Rob

bbmhunter
02-16-2010, 07:13 PM
nice site , good to be here.

Beaverhunter
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
I am having trouble posting in the for sale section is says i don't have access not to start a post but to reply to one could you tell me why this is.

NaStY
02-17-2010, 07:43 AM
No one can reply to "Buy and Sell" section except mods and admin.

Phreddy
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I am having trouble posting in the for sale section is says i don't have access not to start a post but to reply to one could you tell me why this is.

To reply to things in the for sale section you have to send it via personal message. Prevents clutteringup the site I guess.

Karlolof
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Did my first post the other day and got a lot of good information on the same day! There is so far a lot of good information.
Thanks a lot.
good hunting and hello from Delta

ole timer
04-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Hello there ppl in B.C. and elsewhere I am from New Brunswick. I have family living in B.C. Quesnel to be exact. They tell me the hunting there is very good. Seems both brother in laws get their deer every year.
I am a semi-retired dude who loves hunting, and biking. See ya about the forums.

TIKKA TIGER
04-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Hey oletimer... Welcome aboard and enjoy the forums... alot of informative topics discussed... Enjoy!!! :):mrgreen::-D

ole timer
04-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Hey oletimer... Welcome aboard and enjoy the forums... alot of informative topics discussed... Enjoy!!! :):mrgreen::-D
Thanks 4 the reply buddy...just breezing about here for awhile looks like a dandy forum.

ole timer
04-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Hey guys sorry to be a pain but where here do I go to start a thread say like chit chat? Realize a mod may delete this or move it to the right section of the forum. If this is the case please p/m me ...thanks a bunch

Phreddy
04-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the site Ole timer.
As an interesting coincidence, my sister in law and her husband from the Moncton area are arriving here tomorrow for a week. I'm looking forward to showing them my hunting areas here (all within about 60 km from my house.
Enjoy the site, and remember, all new members are expected to share a joke.

lone wolf
04-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Just wanted to post a thread to say thank who ever for started this site . I have looked into past threads and it has helped me and I am sure the users will also help me . GREAT SITE AND THANK YOU ! Let the fun begin . Hope all in the cross hairs is a monster !

inlandmonk
10-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I am trying to start a new thread and am having trouble figuring out where to start.. Im not sure how to post threads.. Please let me know.. Thanks

The Dawg
10-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I am trying to start a new thread and am having trouble figuring out where to start.. Im not sure how to post threads.. Please let me know.. Thanks

Click on 'Forum' at the top, then scroll down to the correct forum you need to post in. Click on that, and then at the top, there will be a 'New Thread' icon.

Go from there. Looking forward to seeing your contributions.

alfleslie
10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Hello I've been lurkin and learnin alot. here's joke to start.
Little Johnny goes huntin
an old man sittin on his porch notices Johnny walkin by with some chicken wire
Old man says" what you doing with the chicken wire son"
little Johnny " goin ta catch me some chickens"
old man" well that's not goin to work your wastin your time boy"
a little while later the old man sees Johnn walkin by with some chickens caught in his chicken wire.
Next day the old man sees Johnny with some duct tape.
What ya doing boy.
gunna catch me some ducks.
That's just the crazyest thing I've ever heard.
Sure enough alittle while later here comes little Johnny with a couple of ducks caught in the duck tape.
the old man is dumbfounded
The next day here comes little Johnny.
the old man says what ya got there boy
Little Johnny" pussy willow"

Marcel
10-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi Folks!!

First post on this site, I would like to say HELLO!! to everyone.

I love to shoot and hunt, but I haven't hunted for far too long. :cry:

My wife and I will be grouse hunting with .22's in the very near future.

Glad to be here! CHEERS!!!

Marcel

The Hermit
11-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Welcome and good luck! How did you do with the grouse?

dudu
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Another long-time lurker here and an escapee from another forum. It is time to spend my time more wisely and decided to visit this forum more often. I am posting from the West Kootenays, Nelson. I have little experience and always looking for more hunting opportunities. So far just grouse hunting and a bit of waterfowl. I belong to the group that enjoys tag soup every year, so this year is no different than previous ones. Oh well, next season. Wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

.330 Dakota
12-20-2010, 04:48 PM

Dont mind him guys, he just comes with the membership--LOL

gecko
12-26-2010, 08:16 PM
hi everyone. i joined up about a month ago to get advice on wall tents.
ever since then i have been logging on,there seems to be a great group
here with a world of knowlege.
i figured since i have hunting property in quesnel,i should start hunting.

great to be here and merry christmas everyone.

scott

Phreddy
12-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Welcome Gecko. Great site to be a part of. Lots of information and varied viewpoints on just about anything to do with our sport.

Shotgun Smith
01-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Hello fellow hunters.
New to the site looking forward to meeting some hunters with good knowledge, as i am new to hunting, but not new to shooting, rifles, Bows.
I have a good buddy that's been hunting for 20 years & we go out every year to his favorite places check for signs, rubs etc, really enjoy it.
And he has been on my case for years to get with it, get a gun & get out with him & his Hunting buddy's & harvest some game !...lol

So, im studying for my CORE then its the PAL then my local Wholesale Sports Store to look at some Shotguns, as ive always wanted to do Fowl hunting. And of course ! pick up a fine Rifle for that Buck.
Many years ago i had what was called then a FAC ive owned guns & shot many times & miss it alot. I just bought a new Pellet Rifle & scope so i can get some kind of " fix for shooting " lol, look out Chipmonks !.
So, hope to settle in here & learn from some other hunters.

Cheers.

deadownwind
02-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey everyone! I've been using this site for about a week. I've asked a few questions and got prompt answers from very nice people. Ive looked at some amazing pictures and read about some very interesting hunts. I live in the Penticton area and recently got geared up to start doing some predator hunting. Add me to your buddy list!

hunter1947
03-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to all new members there are lots of knowledgeable members on this site that will go out of there way to help others that need to know about lots of different things just ask and you will receive.

cgain
04-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi Marc,

Great site...just wondering how to create a post? My registration seems to be in order and I can log in, just not sure of process to create a post.

Whonnock Boy
04-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Hi Marc,

Great site...just wondering how to create a post? My registration seems to be in order and I can log in, just not sure of process to create a post.

Go to the forum page. Select which forum your post should go in. Near the top on the left is the "post new thread" button. Welcome to the site!!

Marc
04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the 120 something new registered members who decided to leave the side lines and get in on the action.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Bow Walker
04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Go to the forum page. Select which forum your post should go in. Near the top on the left is the "post new thread" button. Welcome to the site!!

Or go to the bottom of a thread page and use the Quick Reply space. Welcome to all.

nx2001
04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Just saying hello to everyone here. Just finished my CORE and got all papered up this past week. Been reading a lot on the forum and trying to glean as much information as I can before going out on the field. So much to learn but so little time.

Marc
04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the site !

This is the place to be if you're looking for information on where to start for hunting in BC.

Congratulations on passing your core and good luck this season!

Marc.

dusty cougar england
05-27-2011, 07:24 AM
hello im a new lad from england, trying to find people who like hunting cougars with
hounds kind ov narrow minded i no at the minet. and im kinda finding my first time finding people to hook up with not easey. eny way just to let you all no i have hunted since the age of 3, i have 8 hounds that ive been training to hunt big cats in england .kinda strange but true. ive been researching leopard and cougar in brition for a long time and hopefully just about to put my house on the market to sponcer my own project and see if i can get my self a good splash in full cry some day with my hounds, as well as get some hounds from america some day,im a bad speller lol but beleve im a good hunter like you people in america

Steeleco
05-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Dusty, as an Ex-pat I'll cut you some slack. But we live in CANADA and the best part of Canada at that. Bloody hell man, get it right LOL

High Country
06-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi hunters and huntresses, I'm new to the club but not new to hunting! I'm impressed! I think you are my kinda people!

06-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Damn, i like your name! Wonder why it wasnt taken, it makes sense!
Welcome to the site!

Bow Walker
06-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Country......

Welcome, come on in, grab a seat and here's a coffee.......

Slannesh
06-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I took a quick look around and didn't see a better spot to put an into post so I figured I'd put one here.

New to B.C. I'm moving to Prince George from the Edmonton area this weekend to start a new job. My Wife grew up in PG and we wanted to move closer to family.

I'm an avid deer hunter and fisherman here in Alberta and am very much looking forward to what the area offers in those regards.

So anyhow, just wanted to say hi. Glad I found the site!

Bow Walker
06-24-2011, 08:46 AM
You're gonna love PG, then. Nearly every species is represented there - or nearby. Welcome to BC and the site.

bad dog
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi black dog ,,,,, guess you tried hunting over going to spell this i know ,, toe quart bay , around on the other side of ucklet inlet ,, hunted it years ago when i worked there ,, got a few nice bucks there , more down by the beach ,,, good luck !

Islandbowhunter
03-24-2012, 08:23 AM
"We all friendship reading" seems to be a theme.

The Dude
03-24-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm just looking for the undecorated cheerfulness.
Usually you pay extra for that.

Singleshotneeded
03-27-2012, 11:57 PM
It's all peace and love here on HBC, as per normal...:-)

Downunder hunter
05-29-2012, 02:27 AM
G'day... I'm planning a mountain goat hunt in BC & found your forum in my searches, what a fantastic site! You guys are blessed with some beautiful looking country & great hunting opportunities, I look forward to coming over & experiencing it for myself.

Some great information to be read here too, I'm sure I'll enjoy this site. I've started a thread on my hunts in the out of province section for those that are interested in what we might be doing down here in Australia.

moosebusters
06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi there,

I am a new member and can not figure out how to post, can some one help !

RENO
06-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Benvenuti Sul Sito Ufficiale, HBC (Hunting British Columbia) per amanti della Pesca e Caccia, nella British Columbia, Ciao Nuovi Amici.

Welcome to all our new members , lots of folks here , to chat and discuss may subjects, allot of info on a varied array of topics, get info or tips for your area or other MU's in BC, or other places in the world, great people on HBC.

Greetings e Saluti
Reno

Mountain Man
06-08-2012, 06:58 PM
how do i post something on HBC???

Mountain Man
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
i have never posted on HBC before so bare with me but am hoping this message gets out to the Archery community regarding the R100 Shoot which I have brought to Canada and the Kelowna area. I wanted to clear up any questions, as the date is approaching fast. A month ago Rinehart called me to say we had 325 people confirmed each day and by now I would expect it is nearing 400 per day. Their is still room to book and that is done on line from the r100.org or Rinehart site. Camping is $20.00 per night and you need to call me at Hardcore Archery to reserve a spot @250-861-5297, we have over 70 partys camping to date. We welcome everyone including the traditional shooters as the middle stake is for you, women actually shoot from the same stakes as the men in the r100. This shoot is more of a fun and family atmosphere with no prizes for winners. The scores are only posted on a monitor screen for everyone to see. The emphasis is on fun and family, with a huge draw at the end of the event on Sunday afternoon. Expect to be out all day as its 50 targets per day. 50 exotic targets one day and 50 north american targets the next. Rinehart , Hardcore and G & H are donating 3 Pink one of a kind targets to be raffled off during the weekend with all proceeds going to Breast Cancer so bring some $$$ for that as we want to raise over $15000. from the bowhunting community. this is a great even and I hope you all support it as it may never come back to Canada. Ken garwasiuk Hc Archery:-D

Mountain Man
06-08-2012, 07:30 PM
i have never posted on HBC before so bare with me but am hoping this message gets out to the Archery community regarding the R100 Shoot which I have brought to Canada and the Kelowna area. I wanted to clear up any questions, as the date is approaching fast. A month ago Rinehart called me to say we had 325 people confirmed each day and by now I would expect it is nearing 400 per day. Their is still room to book and that is done on line from the r100.org or Rinehart site. Camping is $20.00 per night and you need to call me at Hardcore Archery to reserve a spot @250-861-5297, we have over 70 partys camping to date. We welcome everyone including the traditional shooters as the middle stake is for you, women actually shoot from the same stakes as the men in the r100. This shoot is more of a fun and family atmosphere with no prizes for winners. The scores are only posted on a monitor screen for everyone to see. The emphasis is on fun and family, with a huge draw at the end of the event on Sunday afternoon. Expect to be out all day as its 50 targets per day. 50 exotic targets one day and 50 north american targets the next. Rinehart , Hardcore and G & H are donating 3 Pink one of a kind targets to be raffled off during the weekend with all proceeds going to Breast Cancer so bring some $$$ for that as we want to raise over $15000. from the bowhunting community. this is a great event and I hope you all support it as it may never come back to Canada. Ken Garwasiuk Hc Archery:-D

Jeff88
06-08-2012, 07:32 PM
how do i post something on HBC???

it says u have 283 posts so what u talking about

HuntNmemories
06-08-2012, 09:35 PM
A big Howdy to you all...found the forum and joined up right away. Also a big hello to all the present and past trollers on the site too!!

rottboy
07-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Am planning my deer hunt for this year will be leaving the lower mainland on Sept. 9th . It will be the start of my yearly alone time with nature in Beautiful BC. Spent two days reading various posts on HBC and have been educated and entertained by a bunch of seasoned hunters. Joined last week and after some computer login mis-steps, finally finished the registration properly and hence this first post - primarily to say hi and thank HBC members for sharing their valued experiences and advise with our small growing community. Only another month and our season starts anew where we can practise our extreme patience and appreciation for all wildlife. Am getting excited to use our outdoor skills all over again!!!! Cheers fellas and heres wishing us all a satisfying season!!! :-P

The Dude
07-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Welcome and great luck this Fall!

springpin
07-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Soo, is that your joke?!? Just kidding, welcome to the circus. You'll love it here!

7mm magnum
10-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I am another new member the site looks great will take some time to find my way around though.

YAMMY-CA
11-16-2012, 08:04 PM
So how do we get to post in all the forums.I think I have followed the rules but can't for instance reply directly to for sale adds nor post an add.Am I doing something wrong? or is there a rite of passage??

Keith

The Dawg
11-16-2012, 08:12 PM
So how do we get to post in all the forums.I think I have followed the rules but can't for instance reply directly to for sale adds nor post an add.Am I doing something wrong? or is there a rite of passage??

Keith

Completely normal until you buy beer for the Xmas get Together.

lip_ripper00
11-16-2012, 09:01 PM
buy sell are PM reply only, only the op can edit........if it where a beer thing I would let you in.

The Dude
11-16-2012, 09:18 PM
No regular member can REPLY to For Sale/wanted ads. Communicate by PM only.
Not sure why you can't post an ad, but the site's been buggy lately, so patience, Grasshopper. :D

YAMMY-CA
11-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks and I will buy the beer if we meet.

Panic
11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
I'd like to say a quick hello to everyone here and I'd like to say I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and girls over the next long while. Seems like a solid bunch and there's already some excellent info and advice that I've found here...Looks like a good site :)

Rackem
08-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Hello, have been a lurker for a few years, but didnt have a lot of time to participate until now.
Lifetime outdoorsperson, hunter, fisher. Looking forward to discussing and reading here, some enjoyable characters hanging out in this forum.

.30-06 camsavbc
07-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Hello to all of the members! I have recently joined Hunting BC and I live in Shawnigan Lake on Vancouver Island. I have been a guest for a few months now and finally decided that instead of being in the background I should step up and register. I am also a BCWF member and support and practice outdoor conservation. The knowledge and experience here is incredible and I enjoy reading the forums and debates.
Sincerely, Cam

Phreddy
07-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the HBC famiy Cam. Looking forward to your input.
phreddy.[
QUOTE=.30-06 camsavbc;1522006]Hello to all of the members! I have recently joined Hunting BC and I live in Shawnigan Lake on Vancouver Island. I have been a guest for a few months now and finally decided that instead of being in the background I should step up and register. I am also a BCWF member and support and practice outdoor conservation. The knowledge and experience here is incredible and I enjoy reading the forums and debates.
Sincerely, Cam[/QUOTE]

.30-06 camsavbc
08-01-2014, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=Phreddy;1522474]Welcome to the HBC famiy Cam. Looking forward to your input.
phreddy.
Thank you Phreddy. I am still learning how to navigate around.

bond123
11-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this site. I have always heard good stuff about this site from others. Now that I am moving very soon to BC I thought I will come and join this great site and get to know more. I have been an avid outdoorsman for a very long time and have been living in the good old Saskatchewan. Obviously there will be lots to learn in BC as I am sure the hunting/fishing laws are different then that of Saskatchewan and hunting will be a lot more challenging in BC then SK.

See you guys around and thanks again for letting me in, cheers!

Phreddy
11-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the family bond.

Phreddy
11-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Where in BC are you moving?

vortex hunter
11-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this site. I have always heard good stuff about this site from others. Now that I am moving very soon to BC I thought I will come and join this great site and get to know more. I have been an avid outdoorsman for a very long time and have been living in the good old Saskatchewan. Obviously there will be lots to learn in BC as I am sure the hunting/fishing laws are different then that of Saskatchewan and hunting will be a lot more challenging in BC then SK.

See you guys around and thanks again for letting me in, cheers!

Welcome Enjoy its a great place..

bond123
11-13-2014, 06:14 AM
Where in BC are you moving?

Moving to Port Coquitlam for the time being but might end up anywhere where I land a job. Just moving to be closer to other family and got tired of cold and long winters. Although it rains a lot in BC but I would manage it over the long cold winters. I am hoping to find places where I can go hunting and also go out target shooting. I bet it will be hard to find crown land to go out and shoot like gravel pits where have here in Saskatchewan. Got to learn and know places and plus gotta find hunting buddies. It will be hard for sure but I am pretty sure I will find people who would like to go out hunting and fishing.

It will be a whole new experience for sure as I will be working with mountains and tough terrains but should be fun as I like challenge.

Here hoping that my hunting/fishing/camping doesn't get hit due to lack of buddies and finding places where to go when I move to BC as I love outdoors.

Nocked-Bear
04-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Hello I'm also new here my name is Scott and dove in head first into archery with my 7 year old son just last year,also a new hunter got my core and PAL just last year still haven't dropped anything yet but I plan to this year.

Whonnock Boy
04-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the site, and good luck. Maybe head out and find yourself a spring bear to start the year off right!

Hello I'm also new here my name is Scott and dove in head first into archery with my 7 year old son just last year,also a new hunter got my core and PAL just last year still haven't dropped anything yet but I plan to this year.

wideopenthrottle
04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
nice to have new members ..............this is a good thread to revive...welcome all

Rupert Retired
05-19-2016, 08:27 PM
Hello Administrators of Hunting BC. I joined in Feb 2014, and have enjoyed the conversations and debates here since then. However, I now find myself in a critical mode. The format that you have chosen needs to be upgraded, and is not conducive to recent developments in the on-line world, and I think (strongly) that it should be upgraded. I do not know much about the mechanics of these things, but here are a few shortcomings:

1. You should be able to respond to a post. Most people here copy and paste the significant portion of the post they want to respond to, and then do so. However, that has to use up all kinds of server memory, and the biggest problem is the original poster (or OP) does not necessarily see the response unless they wade through numerous other off-topic posts that have been posted since their comment.
2. You should allow upvotes and downvotes for a post. In this way, super BS posters, which the whole community agrees are BS or trolls, can be downvoted into oblivion.
3. Posting pictures should be way, way, WAY easier. I have posted pics here, and I always have to go back and figure out how to do it each time. And even then, I have to check and see if it worked, or if it just posted a url. It should be as easy as facebook, you would have way more pics that way, and that is what everybody here loves.
4. Your front page sucks big time!! The stories are crammed up in a column on the left, and your advertisers, who do not change ever it seems, take up the major space. Nobody looks at them after they realize there is no news there. Surely you can do better than that, and still please your advertisers, or maybe please them even more when they are getting more views of their actual products.

I hope this has been beneficial to you - and I hope that someone listens, and maybe can get a thread going here.

dasnake
09-15-2016, 07:02 PM
I would like to say hello to all forum members, my handle is dasnake, I'm b.c. born, bred and retired, I've been hunting and fishing b.c. since my old man took me outdoors in the mid 50s. I have looked at this site for a few years and thought now was the time to enjoy and learn from others interested in the outdoors.

Phreddy
09-16-2016, 03:56 PM
Welcome dasnake. Where are you living. I too started hunting in the '50s on the coast.

dasnake
09-16-2016, 08:50 PM
Hello phreddy, we live in surrey.

Phreddy
09-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Cool. I'm an old S.Surrey/White Rock boy. Used to wander all over S. Surrey with a shotgun hunting pheasants, rabbits, ducks and geese back in the 50s and 60s. Don't think I'd want to do that now. lol

Marcos
09-16-2016, 10:30 PM
Cool. I'm an old S.Surrey/White Rock boy. Used to wander all over S. Surrey with a shotgun hunting pheasants, rabbits, ducks and geese back in the 50s and 60s. Don't think I'd want to do that now. lol

It would be something incredible hunt in this years, no? Phreddy. How many different species you would be able to hunt the same day at this days?

dasnake
09-17-2016, 12:05 PM
I remember well, I was born in bridgeview, it was barren land back then. Whalley was the center and if you wanted to really step out, we'd get in the old mans terraplane and go to new west.

Phreddy
09-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Funny thing is, back in those days if you even saw a goose, let alone shot one it was a very rare experience. Go down every once in a while for a bird hunt with my son and the sky's filled with them more often than not. lol Did you go to Queen E high?

dasnake
09-17-2016, 09:41 PM
No moved to burnaby went to edmonds school. Even living in burnaby we used to target practice down at a gravel pit that is now the skytrain works yard. Life's been great but to darn busy with people. My son has a house in likely, the cariboo is my favorite, you have seen a lot of changes in white rock surrey.

HorseGirl
01-10-2017, 10:31 AM
what area on this site to people post about hunting that isn't on the island or the coastal mainland or is the mainland just one big group for all other places in BC not on the islands? i'm in the southern interior

Knute
01-10-2017, 11:21 AM
what area on this site to people post about hunting that isn't on the island or the coastal mainland or is the mainland just one big group for all other places in BC not on the islands? i'm in the southern interior

If you're not on the Island you're on the Mainland. Don't be confused by Lower Mainland vs. the rest of the mainland province. ;)

Elkhound
01-10-2017, 11:43 AM
If you're not on the Island you're on the Mainland. Don't be confused by Lower Mainland vs. the rest of the mainland province. ;)

This is correct. Mainland hunting And welcome to HBC Horsegirl. I am an Admin here. Just pm me if you need anything

Jimbob
06-16-2017, 07:36 AM
I have lurked on here for a awhile but thought I should join up since I will be moving to Smithers this summer, I have always dreamed of hunting in BC and I cannot believe it is going to become a reality.

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the site, and the Province. Be sure to check the legalities of residency in regards to hunting here. You may have to wait until next year.
I have lurked on here for a awhile but thought I should join up since I will be moving to Smithers this summer, I have always dreamed of hunting in BC and I cannot believe it is going to become a reality.

Timcroswell
08-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Hello all,
New to the site. Hunt mainly on Van island but my 12 year old son...soon to be 13, just Finished his hunting course and received a moose draw for area 5-2c. Looking to pick some brains on areas to hunt, and wanted to know how the fires have effected the moose in this area? Any info would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance

Timcroswell
08-29-2017, 07:33 AM
My mistake, that's area 5-2b he has the draw for. End of September.

Elkhound
08-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Hi Marc, i have made posts in the past, but can't figure out how to create a new post. What am i doing wrong? i don't see anything to click on to enter a new post.

Fred

Top left under the 2 banners. Button that says Start new thread. Click it. Let me know if you can start one

Hank
10-24-2018, 08:14 AM
So could you confirm if I’m a member because I’m having trouble posting and get frustrated and just shut it off. But I have been able to reply to some posts.

Elkhound
10-24-2018, 08:24 AM
So could you confirm if I’m a member because I’m having trouble posting and get frustrated and just shut it off. But I have been able to reply to some posts.

Hello Hank. Welcome. Yes you are a member. please send me a pm on what seems to be the trouble with posting

Hank
10-27-2018, 08:28 AM
On my page at the top left I don’t have a button that says start new thread. All I have is reply to thread.

Elkhound
10-28-2018, 04:56 PM
On my page at the top left I don’t have a button that says start new thread. All I have is reply to thread.

Hmmmmm. Top left.
Click on forum.
Then click on mainland British Columbia

Now look at top left after that. Should be a start new thread button

Yes?

If you see reply to thread it means you are already looking at someone elses

murph83
11-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Hello folks, new member here. Hope this is the right place to post an introduction. I am sure many of you use CGN, I'm the same guy over there as well same username etc. Just wanted to say hi.

Elkhound
11-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Welcome Murph83.

KC2
12-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone
I am KC2 from Alberta
Discovered this forum about 2 weeks ago
Moved from BC to Alberta 20 years ago
I am a 55 year old grandfather, but on this forum called a junior
I love to go hunting with my boys (specially whitetails)
This forum is very interesting and gives me some nostalgia about hunting in BC
Thanks

WhiteTailAB
04-15-2019, 02:29 PM
Hi there, new guy here from Alberta. I'm mostly here because I want to hunt in BC with my girlfriend's Opa before it's too late. This is my intro post, I will start a new thread later on in a bit.

Thanks

mountainboss
07-10-2019, 02:33 PM
I have been browsing for a few years now and joined recently. Living in the Okanagan, used to hunt a bit several years ago but am now looking to get back into it. Moved to BC from Europe about 5 years ago. Finally got my CORE and PAL this Spring. Can't wait for Fall!

Elkhound
07-10-2019, 03:41 PM
welcome new people

CDN offroader
04-29-2020, 04:18 AM
Greetings all, originally from the Central Interior, joined the army 20 years ago and got posted to Ontario. Finally made it back west to Alberta last year, so looking forward to getting back to some western hunting. Got some property down in the Kootenays that I need to get down and check out this year if we are allowed to travel.

338win mag
04-29-2020, 04:52 AM
Welcome Soldier!

AshleyM
07-08-2020, 07:30 PM
Hello! I have been obtaining hunting info from this site for a long time now and finally decided to register so I could ask some specific questions and see if there’s any one out there that could possibly help me out.
So how does this work? Lol. honestly I am internet handicapped. I’m not even sure if this message is going to go anywhere... is there a place that I can start a post. Do I start it somewhere specific? I did just get on here so I’m sure I can figure it out after a bit of exploring lol.

Elkhound
07-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Welcome.
I'm one of the admins here on hbc.
You can message me anytime.
But yes you can go into the forum and it's broken doenninyo many sections. You can post questions to each topic in the relevant sections

AshleyM
07-08-2020, 08:01 PM
Welcome.
I'm one of the admins here on hbc.
You can message me anytime.
But yes you can go into the forum and it's broken doenninyo many sections. You can post questions to each topic in the relevant sections

Thank you, that’s great 😊
And thanks for the welcome also.
so I also noticed that no one here really uses their real name ... should I come up with something cooler or more hunter like lol. I’m a hunter I swear. Lol

Elkhound
07-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Some do some dont. Completely up to you

HD3Outdoors
08-02-2020, 10:05 AM
I am new to the group and wanted to say hello. I am looking forward to the useful info and friendly banter.

josh759
10-26-2020, 08:19 PM
Hi

New member here. I remember getting a message about using the buy/sell and but I cant find it anymore. I recall seeing something about face to face deal only. Is that for selling only or applies to buying as well.

Thanks

weatherby_man
10-27-2020, 07:55 AM
Welcome josh,,,,

Josh you will find the info here - http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?150962-New-rule-regarding-buying-and-selling

josh759
10-28-2020, 05:59 PM
Thank you Weatherby Man....

JuicyJay
01-15-2021, 01:11 PM
Hello all! New member here and recent graduate of the CORE program (which I thoroughly enjoyed!) Been lurking for a while now and looking forward to participating and continuing down this slippery slope!

albravo2
01-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Welcome Jay! Lots of great people on here and an absolute wealth of knowledge.

I look forward to your contributions.

Jagermeister
01-15-2021, 01:35 PM
Hello all! New member here and recent graduate of the CORE program (which I thoroughly enjoyed!) Been lurking for a while now and looking forward to participating and continuing down this slippery slope!Welcome JuicyJay,
About the only slippery slope here is the one you make. And that will now be how you outfit yourself to go hunting. It has changed from the time I stared in the latter part of the last millennium. Where once you could truck out in your regular every day attire, you will now have to outfit yourself with some camo gear. And then the firearms you will need. A 22, 223 6.5 300wm, 12 ga, 20 ga spotting scope, rifles scopes, reloading tools and supplies and so on.
By taking the core, you have gained some basic knowledge, now you have to expand upon it. There are two ways. One, go afield and learn on your own. Or two, find a mentor and get the expedited version.
Again, welcome to the sight.

Arctic Lake
01-15-2021, 01:47 PM
I never look at this thread ! My mistake as the more new hunters we have coming up is a big plus ! There are many knowledgeable members here !
You will find a plethora of information here and if you can’t find what your looking for Just Ask ! But not as many questions as myself LOL !
Welcome !
Arctic Lake

Digger1
01-25-2021, 09:54 PM
Greetings outdoor people.
After spending a few decades working in 10 provinces and living in 7 different places, we moved to BC this winter. Looking forward to hunting and fishing in the great outdoors with good friends and relatives. Also enjoying the forum.
Cheers.

RICKADY
01-25-2021, 10:14 PM
Welcome Digger1, Bc is a great place despite all the s#%t going on, but thats everywhere.
As i have learned, lots of great info here on HBC,
i wish you the best in your quest.
Rickady.

REMINGTON JIM
01-25-2021, 10:19 PM
Greetings outdoor people.
After spending a few decades working in 10 provinces and living in 7 different places, we moved to BC this winter. Looking forward to hunting and fishing in the great outdoors with good friends and relatives. Also enjoying the forum.
Cheers.

Welcome Digger ! Wow 10 provinces ! Why LOL where you at in BC if i may ask ? Cheers RJ

Digger1
01-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Welcome Digger ! Wow 10 provinces ! Why LOL where you at in BC if i may ask ? Cheers RJ
Hi Jim. We’re near Enderby.

Digger1
01-25-2021, 10:28 PM
Welcome Digger1, Bc is a great place despite all the s#%t going on, but thats everywhere.
As i have learned, lots of great info here on HBC,
i wish you the best in your quest
Rickady.
Thank you. All the best.

Stew Pot
03-12-2023, 07:17 PM
Being new to the site, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge and experience on here. There is clearly a lot to be learned by reading through the various threads. Hopefully I can return the favour one day once I learn enough. I used to hunt/ shoot with my dad when I was a kid, but I am now getting back into the sport. I never lost interest, but fell into the trap of 'maybe next year'. Anyway, I'm determined to make make it happen this year. Some grouse hunting at least, and maybe a deer hunt if I can shoot well enough. I've got lots to learn, but looking forward to getting out in the bush! Cheers

Arctic Lake
03-12-2023, 08:58 PM
Welcome ! Your in a good location to head East ,West ,North,South and plenty of fellas on here from Kamloops
Arctic Lake
Being new to the site, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge and experience on here. There is clearly a lot to be learned by reading through the various threads. Hopefully I can return the favour one day once I learn enough. I used to hunt/ shoot with my dad when I was a kid, but I am now getting back into the sport. I never lost interest, but fell into the trap of 'maybe next year'. Anyway, I'm determined to make make it happen this year. Some grouse hunting at least, and maybe a deer hunt if I can shoot well enough. I've got lots to learn, but looking forward to getting out in the bush! Cheers

Jojo
04-10-2023, 07:03 PM
New to the site, thanks to all of you. Who share so many informations. Jojo

nomad14
09-25-2023, 03:20 PM
New member here currently based on middle Vancouver Island into all things fishing hunting and trying to get into waterfowl although it is hard to find the space. As per other forums my joke is the following: Why do Wendy's have square burgers? They don't believe in cutting corners.

Cheers,

Nomad

FishandSticks
10-31-2023, 11:08 AM
Hello all.
New member here. Have been lurking on the site this year since taking my PAL (with the wife) and my CORE.

Although late to the hunting game, (50+ yrs young) have been fishing and outdoors most of my life.
This is a great site with lots of info, Thanks.