PDA

View Full Version : Made it out today

dave
12-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Well it was windy and wet and I expected there to be lots of birds moving around. Sadly that was not the case, we had a couple of big flights come in but they were pintails. We came home with a few but the mallards were few and far between. Every piece of camo we own is dripping dry in the basement.

slyfox
12-28-2005, 03:28 PM
I to was out today in the rain and wind with 2 other guys got 19 ducks 5 pintails 4 teil and 10 wigion not to bad of a day and we did lose a lot of birds.

MichelD
12-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I went out yesterday and the birds were up in the stratosphere.

It was blowing so hard it made the wings on my robo-duck spin too fast and when I shut the motor off, it spun the wings backwards.

Dano
12-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Still wish I had made it out last saturday or monday..... Going saturday for sure.
Thanks for the reports.
Dave, was there anyone else out there? Any geese?
Dano

shoot to kill
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
me and my older brother made it out wednesday morning. we arrived a little late as the birds were already moving, we set up as several flocks passed by. soon we had our first flock come in, i brought my new 3 1/2 inch remington i got for christmas and had already managed to bag my first duck with it a couple of days earlier. we get them right where we want them and bang bang bang, damn i miss on all 3 shots, but my bro managed a nice drake, a few flocks more and finally we get 3 mallards to come in low, again bang bang, 2 shots i missed and my brother also missed on 3 of his shots, i pull up for my last shot on a retreating bird and BOOM! i pull off my best shot ever, a very long but not super high shot, the drake mallard drops and im running like hell after it, im searching and searching and getting quite far from the blind, and then i spot it, its still alive so i grab it and give it a quick neck wringing and bring it back to the blind. we had a few more flocks come over and managed 6 mallards for the day, there was tons of birds flying but all going the same direction right towards a hunter that that nailing them a field over! oh well it was a good day all in all.

dave
12-30-2005, 12:22 PM
There was one guy walking the dykes and one guy in the middle of the marsh (seemed closer to the river than where you usually go). Didn't see any geese. I'm going to try and get out on Saturday as well.

slyfox
12-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Was out today again with my dad 5 wegion 1 pintail 1 mallard does any one now were thay make duck sausage in the lowermain land thanks slyfox.

shoot to kill
12-30-2005, 11:53 PM
we had a mix of duck and goose made into pepperoni and sausage last year by ennis meats in langley. it was pretty good and the price was reasonable

Fred
12-30-2005, 11:54 PM
I bet Mike would take a run at it but you usually need 25 pounds or so to get it done where ever you take it. Fred