PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Ridge Sight

Walksalot
12-23-2005, 07:12 AM
A while ago I had a bit of a time of it with my bow and finally figured out the problem. A piece on my Tropy Ridge Sight got bent and caused some problems with accuracy. I emailed the company and they sent me an update kit which makes the sight "more better" at no cost. The bracket in the middle of the picture was the culprit so anyone who owns a sight like this might keep this in the back of their mind.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/walksalot/IM000377.jpg

sealevel
12-23-2005, 09:12 AM
I did the same thing with my trophy ridge caused from over tightning to try to keep it from moving. Did they send you an upgradad part or the same one that busted

Fred
12-23-2005, 11:15 AM
For heavens sakes John, You aren't supposed to throw the bow at the target!!:tongue: :grin: Fred

Walksalot
12-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Sealevel, this is a picture of the new setup. I hope it helps.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/walksalot/IM000382.jpg

Walksalot
12-23-2005, 12:52 PM
For heavens sakes John, You aren't supposed to throw the bow at the target!!:tongue: :grin: Fred
Fred, I came within a whisker of letting the bow go like a booberang.:mad:
You have a Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.:grin:

Fred
12-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I hope my Copper Johns works better that that Trophy Ridge did. I hear you about the boomerang effect too! :???: There have been times!:redface: :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas(politically correct my a$$) and a Happy New Year to you guys too. :mrgreen: Fred

BlacktailStalker
12-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Fred;
I have the Copper John dead nuts pro 5 pin, it's a very good sight, if you ever bend a pin you can use one of the 5 to replace the broken one, I mean realistically, for hunting purposes 3 is all you need I find.

Nails
12-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Hey guys, I also have a the same TR sight. I like the visablity aspect but there is a strengh problem it flexes to much for my liking. Does the new bracket fix the problem?

I felt uneasy with the flexing in the TR. I decided to put back on my old faithful, a rock soilid sight, PSE RS Glo.

Walksalot
12-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I also have a the same TR sight. I like the visablity aspect but there is a strengh problem it flexes to much for my liking. Does the new bracket fix the problem?

I felt uneasy with the flexing in the TR. I decided to put back on my old faithful, a rock soilid sight, PSE RS Glo.

Nails, I am not sure as I have just put the new system back on and have not flung any arrows yet. It sure seems more solid.

Fred
12-24-2005, 11:30 PM
BTS, the 5 pin is the same one that I use. I had some trouble holding the darned arrow on the rest so I went with a Whisker Biscuit to keep it in place Fred.

BlacktailStalker
12-25-2005, 08:21 PM
How do you like that whisker biscuit Fred?
I just have a quick tune 200 arrow rest, it does fall off frequently, esp if drawing at a downward angle.

Fred
12-26-2005, 12:46 AM
BTS, I have heard stories of how they adversely affect accuracy and how they tear up the vanes but so far I haven't seen any of that. Even with my tired old eyes forcing me to restrict myself to 20yd shots I can more or less maintain 3 inch groups, well until my arms threaten to fall off or I snag my clothing. Hey, I gotta leave myself an out! ;-)
I have the WB with the small opening to facilitate loading And thus far it is working for me on targets. Fred