PDA

View Full Version : PM titled Hello I'm ChrisPark is virus

Franko Manini
09-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I received a PM titled Hello I'm ChrisPark. It includes a fake image shack link that loads a screen saver in which is embedded a virus. I suspected that this was a fake PM so I opened it in my sandbox VM. My virus scanner picked up the bug and diagnosed it as a nasty trojan. Plaese beware of this PM and delete it immediately.

huntwriter
09-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I never open any PM's or emails that I do not know or that don't make sense in the subject line like, "Hello" or "important message" and such nonsense. Sometimes that can backfire. The other day I deleted an email without opening it. It turned out that it was from an editor offering me to write an article. He sent the email from his personal email account (unknown to me) and the subject line said "Hello" so I hit the delete button. He phoned me later up and we straighten it out.

I rather miss a deal then running the risk of a virus. Bottom line. If anybody sends me PM's and emails make sure the purpose of the message is clearly spelled out in the subject line.:wink: "Hello", "Hi There", "Deal for you" and "How's it going", "You won", "Important Message" and similar are candidates for the trash bin without been opened.

Gateholio
09-04-2009, 09:20 AM
IS the member name Chris Park?