PDA

View Full Version : taking a Non Res. bird hunting...regs

thepitchedlink
08-26-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi guys, feel free to move this to a better forum, but I figured this was the place to post it. So, I've got my Dad in Law coming for a visit and I'd love to take him out to bag a few grouse. What's my legalities? He doesn't have a hunting license. might have his New Zealand firearms permit with him but probably not. I just want to go for a few walks with one gun and bust a few grouse. My understanding is that it is fine, as the gun is "mine" and he's just along for the walk...if the spy sat actually sees me let him have a go at a bird then I guess I'm breatking the law, but for him to be with me is no problem. Now how 'bout if I want to carry a rife with me at the same time? Good chance we could run into a whitetail where we're going and I'd like to pack my 30-30 or something. Is that going to cross the line, or can the case be made that I'm carrying the 2 guns, and he's still just along for the walk?

Gope
08-26-2009, 09:21 AM
i think he can buy a non -res hunting license. and he can have a full bag limit of grouse.

ive never played around with any thing to do with white tail. but i "think" he can also purchase a white tail tag and have his own limit of that. But being a non res it will probably be a few 100$.

this is all spelled out in the regs also.

Tuffcity
08-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Get a copy of the 2009-2010 regs, open to page 9...

A non-resident who is not a resident of Canada and is not a Canadian citizen,may also be eligible under the Permit toAccompany providing they qualify under one of the required relationship categories (ie, if

accompanied by a father, brother, son, uncle,

nephew, grandson, grandfather, mother, sister,

daughter, aunt, niece, granddaughter, grandmother,

spouse, father-in-law, mother-in-law,
son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, or
sister-in-law, but excludes cousins).

Permits to Accompany may not be available for all species and areas (for example,thinhorn sheep). Please contact the Permitand Authorization Service Bureau toll freeat 1-866-433-7272 (Victoria: 952-0932) for
more information.

Small Game
It is not necessary for a non-resident of British Columbia to be accompanied by a licensed guide when hunting for small game (includes game birds).

or click this link: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/0910/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_0910.pdf

RC

Duckman
09-05-2009, 11:32 AM
i think he can buy a non -res hunting license. and he can have a full bag limit of grouse.

ive never played around with any thing to do with white tail. but i "think" he can also purchase a white tail tag and have his own limit of that. But being a non res it will probably be a few 100$.

this is all spelled out in the regs also.

Note also that there are a very limited number of places you can buy any non-res hunting license. They are called "Service BC" Centres
http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/lvs/