PDA

View Full Version : My bow clicks???

kako99
08-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi there,
Well I am new to archery and I just bought a pse stinger and I took it out for the first time yesterday and it makes a clicking sound by the top cam and axle at the very end of my draw I have never dry fired the bow its brand new. If any one can help me that would help a lot.
Thanks

Jagermeister
08-24-2009, 07:23 PM
At what point during the draw does it click? You might try having someone stand on a chair or step ladder and watch the upper wheel as you make your draw. One of the things to watch for is to see if the limb is torquing evenly and not twisting. Caution is in order because if a limb should break, especially an upper limb, someone could be seriously hurt. Perhaps you should take it back to the dealer that you bought it from, this is probably the only thing that you should do since it is a new bow.

Ron.C
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Get someone to check it out for you. New does not always mean there's nothing wrong. The last thing you need is your bow blowing up on you.

kako99
08-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys I am gonna take it back, I was just thinking maybe it could be something simple to fix to save me a drive but I dont need a bow blowing up on me. lol
Cheers!

Bowzone_Mikey
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
probally serving separating and settling into or out of the cam track as the string is not worn in yet and factory PSE strings are not known to have the best serving process ,

smart money is on the cam itself ... right where the cable rolls over onto the lobe there is probally a little burr ... a few minutes and a chainsaw file will cure it

Evolution
08-25-2009, 04:51 AM
how long does it take a factory PSE string to break in?

Bowzone_Mikey
08-25-2009, 03:18 PM
how long does it take a factory PSE string to break in?

depends .... I have seen some that never seem to stop streching ... I dont know about this years strings as I seem to recall that they had a new process .....

but remember that all bows factory strings are mass produced and not custom built to each order and each bow ....while the specs are the same are slightly differant mostly due to slight differances in the limb deflections' for eg: the bow might call for a 541/2 inch string and that will work on bow A ..but bow B a 54 7/16 string will work better ....

does that make sense????