PDA

View Full Version : Timeouts!!!

Jagermeister
08-23-2009, 10:50 PM
What is really pissing me off with this site is the frequency at which the site drops one out. There I am, composing a reply that is not short nor not long and about the time that I go to post, I lose it all because I seem to have timed out. Can this problem be fixed. Log me out after 15 minutes of no activity, not after 5 minutes. The same thing happens if I happen to bounce to another site that I have up and running for a moment and return.:mad:

Shooter
08-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Strange. I have never had that happen ever. And I have walked away with HBC open and come back hours later and its still up.

todbartell
08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
HBC works fine for me, I also have left it open for a long time with no issues.

Jagermeister
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
I can go to other sites, including hunting ones and never have it happen, just this one. Not all the time mind you , but often enough to rankle me.

bowhunterbruce
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Strange. I have never had that happen ever. And I have walked away with HBC open and come back hours later and its still up.

x2 for me
i leave it on all the time and sometimes its been for morning to when i get home from work or even after dinner and it carries right along just fine

lunatic
08-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm in the same boat as Jager. There's been a few times when I have actually wrote up a good story, then it times out. Damn near put my fist into the computer a couple times grrrrrr!!!. Oops......need to go to my happy place :)

Elkhound
08-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Have not had an issue.....but spink will look into it now as you have posted here.

lip_ripper00
08-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Is their somthing in the user CP that would limit time? I have never had a problem.

The Hermit
08-23-2009, 11:42 PM
never a problem here

landphil
08-24-2009, 12:19 AM
No issues here either, but it is set to "remember me" when I log in - maybe that's the differance?

08-24-2009, 06:55 AM
l have experienced similar problems, or using the backspace and having my post disappear as it returns to the previous page.....that is maddening too. Or the other feature l don't understand not working is the spell check program.......keeps telling me there are no editable form fields on this page to check, it worked fine for a long time and it works on every other site, but not this one????

nieves
08-24-2009, 08:36 AM
never had an issue here and ive left it on all day while im at work. i do have it set to "remember me" also.

moosecaller
08-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Might be an ISP problem.

300H&H
08-24-2009, 08:55 PM
What is really pissing me off with this site is the frequency at which the site drops one out. There I am, composing a reply that is not short nor not long and about the time that I go to post, I lose it all because I seem to have timed out. Can this problem be fixed. Log me out after 15 minutes of no activity, not after 5 minutes. The same thing happens if I happen to bounce to another site that I have up and running for a moment and return.:mad:

x2
Its happened a few times to me.

bsa30-06
08-24-2009, 10:42 PM
when you log in there should be a box that says "remember me" click on that and then log in.I never log out, and have never had it time out on me.Give it a try , it might help.

pmj
08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I also get timed out. I will actually write some of my posts on a word document to make sure I don't loose it before I post it. The worst case is when I haven't been on for a while and I am reading through pages of new posts, click on one, read it and go back to the new posts and it gives me the sorry message and I am only 1/2 way through the new posts:mad:.