PDA

View Full Version : mechanical in quiver

westhoyt
08-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi There been fishing all summer, was shooting the last couple of days in preperation for hunting season, I noticed that I had to be very careful loading my arrows onto by bow quiver or the mechanicals would deploy, kind of a pain to take arrows on and off in hunting situations, My question is Should I be looking for a new quiver that is more mechanical broadhead friendly? Thanks Jody

Ambush
08-23-2009, 04:26 PM
What brand of mechanical are you using, as some are worse than others. You can get quivers and quiver inserts just for mechanicals. I use Spitfires, but I cut three slots in the foam with a large fixed blade,then marked the slots with felt pen. Line the blades up and push the mechanicals in. It's not like you have to do it fifty times a day.

Now sit back and wait for all the good folks to tell you that you better just switch too their favourite fixed blade head or sure disaster will befall you.:biggrin:

tracker
08-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I have also noticed that the "rage" mechanicals deploy in the quiver

westhoyt
08-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Now that there is a spot cut into the foam, it does not seem like an issue, but I am always into more info.

Ddog
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
What brand of mechanical are you using, as some are worse than others. You can get quivers and quiver inserts just for mechanicals. I use Spitfires, but I cut three slots in the foam with a large fixed blade,then marked the slots with felt pen. Line the blades up and push the mechanicals in. It's not like you have to do it fifty times a day.

Now sit back and wait for all the good folks to tell you that you better just switch too their favourite fixed blade head or sure disaster will befall you.:biggrin:

I do the exact same things with the exact same broadheads

Elkhound
08-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I have also noticed that the "rage" mechanicals deploy in the quiver

So I am not the only one I see. Drives me nuts

Stone Sheep Steve
08-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Had the same problem with Tekans.

Went to Montecs. Problem solved.

SSS

calvin L
08-24-2009, 07:50 AM
I have done the same as above . it will be fine .

SSS you also don't bring your arrows back . You leave them in the bush :tongue:

jrjonesy
08-24-2009, 08:00 AM
I went to a quiver with two attachment points for the arrow. The broadhead is just protected from the elements by the cover and doesn't need to be stuck in any foam. Never have to worry about it.