PDA

View Full Version : which one you will choose ?

city hunter
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi I have a question about snow goose floater decoys,if there are 10 magnum size of snow goose floater deoys and 15 regular size of snow goose floater decoys which set is better for hunting ?the price is the same. any opinion would be appreciated,thanks!!!

Gope
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
safety in numbers, birds will draw to a larger spread. (ive never hunted snow goose before but it cant be much different then a regular goose?)

city hunter
07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
safety in numbers, birds will draw to a larger spread. (ive never hunted snow goose before but it cant be much different then a regular goose?)
I think so but the magnum size is 31''length and regular size is 21'' length only,So will it be big different ?any more help ???

Crazy_Farmer
07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
The magnums will give you a little bit more visiblity as they will appear bigger on the horizon, not by much though. But they'll also take up more room in the boat whereas you could fit more regular sized ones. And 21" long is a fairly good sized decoy you figure just shy of 2 feet long is already a good size plus you're getting 5 more so you can spread them out more.

Just keep adding to your spread over time till you find the right size that works for you.

f350ps
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
I would go with numbers, hands down! I think if you were to ask most guys that have done it for a long time they would agree. K

Gunner
07-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I would go with numbers, hands down! I think if you were to ask most guys that have done it for a long time they would agree. KNo doubt about it! Gunner

city hunter
07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank you for yours info which is very helpful for me,I think I will buy the regular size,thank all of you again !!!