PDA

View Full Version : Mail order in Canada?

Jager
12-04-2005, 09:57 AM
I just passed the restricted firearms course and wanted to do some "browsing" as I decide what my 1st handgun should be....so I was wondering what mail order cataloges/stores do you recommend?

I am familiar with: Wholesale Sports, SIR, and Russells.....any others?

:cool: :?:

Crimson Viking
12-04-2005, 10:30 AM
La barrons is another one. never used them though.
http://www.lebaron.ca/index_en.html

12-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Congrats on your successful completion of your restricted status...(another potential maniac according to Wendy Cukier and her ilk:grin: :-))!!

Those are the mail orders outfits l am aware of, although back east may have a few. You not have any gun shops your way that you can actually see the merchandise before buying?

One suggestion l would recommend is go to your local club your hooked up with and talk to and check out what other shooters are using....most would be happy to let you try test driving their toys, and it would give you a chance to find out what fits you the best, and what your most comfortable with. l found with restricteds, that the fit and comfort of the firearm has a lot to do with how well l can shoot with them. Good luck and welcome to the restricted fraternity!!

ringo
12-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Go to the local range, some members will probably encourage you to shoot their handgun. Watch to see who or what handguns are having problems, stovepipes, extraction etc. Ask around to find out about ergonomics ie; fit and feel, ease of pointing, ease of releasing the safety, ease of cleaning. There might be some local sales, guy is too old to shoot, guy going through a divorce, etc. MD Charlton is the local Smith & Wesson dealer in Victoria. Don't be price driven, there are a lot of Norinco "knock offs" that break or don't give the expected accuracy, that are for sale all through Canadian Gunnutz. Then there are the fad driven, over hyped stuff like Desert Eagles, Barettas, Glocks.. Personnally, I like Smith's and Colts. The RCMP and other Law enforcement agencies use Smith's, the US military has just decided to pull the Baretta and re-issue 600,000 Colt 45 1911A1's, so that means there are lots of spare parts.

Fred
12-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Ringo, I hadn't heard that about the American Military. Do you know their reasoning? Fred

CanAm500
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Try Italian Sporting goods in Vancouver.

BlacktailStalker
12-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Didnt those damn Liberals just announce they are going to try and pass it so that nobody can own a handgun in B.C???????
I'd hold tight.

CanAm500
12-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Well technically you will still be able to own a handgun, just you have to be a "target shooter".