PDA

View Full Version : 12' alum boat has to register ?

city hunter
07-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi There I heard said that 12' alum boat has to be regsiter now bylaw,is that correct info ? and where and how to register.thanks !!!

randymac
07-04-2009, 08:57 AM
If your motor is under 10 Hp you don't need a registration number.
I have a 26 foot fiberglass sailboat with a 9.9 outboard and it dosn't require a registration number.
You do howerver need to have the boat operators card now for virtually anything that is motorized I belive.

sawmill
07-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Yup,by September.I have a 16 foot canoe and a little electric motor and I have to get that horseshit licence too.I`m not going to though,I`m a rebel,I want a low speed chase across the lake before they get me!:mrgreen:

Steeleco
07-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I just paid and got my tax receipt for my 16' boat this past Wed. What a crock.

Gope
07-04-2009, 10:54 AM
i have my card, my father however passed the test. A year later his wallet fell into the lake, it happened to contain his boating license. He went to get another one, and it is not a registered card. only the people who you did the test with know if you actually have one.

he took the test at the Vancouver boat show quite a few years ago, phoned them up. They no longer do the test and did not keep any records of it happening. So if he wants to get another card he has to take the test again.

Once it becomes mandatory for every one to have them, i can see enforcement starting up. but i have never been asked for a boating license while fishing or otherwise. They where always more interested in my fishing license and gear.

huntwriter
07-04-2009, 12:00 PM
i have my card, my father however passed the test. A year later his wallet fell into the lake, it happened to contain his boating license. He went to get another one, and it is not a registered card. only the people who you did the test with know if you actually have one.

he took the test at the Vancouver boat show quite a few years ago, phoned them up. They no longer do the test and did not keep any records of it happening. So if he wants to get another card he has to take the test again.

That right there is all the proof everyone needs to realize that the licensing nonsense is nothing more than a money grab.

city hunter
07-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I got it ,thanks you guys !!!