PDA

View Full Version : new bowhunter...

3kills
12-02-2005, 11:31 PM
okay guys i m going to take the lunge and buy a bow hopefully this winter or spring...what i would like is as much info i can get on what to look for in a bow and what would be a good bow for a beginner??? thanx in advance guys :D

bochunk2000
12-03-2005, 01:44 AM
It depends on wether or not money is an issue. I would go to an archery shop and get properly measured and test a few different draw weights out. In my oppinion you are better off to find a decent used set up that someone is selling as a whole package. Buying a new bare bow and outfitting it can be big time exspensive. If you want new...everybody has their favourites. I think then you want to go and see as many bows as you can. Get the one you like most. Most of the major brands all have similarly performing bows its the look and feel that will be different. My 2c.

sealevel
12-03-2005, 05:41 AM
3kills every body gives good advice like go to a bow shop and try as many bows as you can . But where around merrit there is savana archery is likely the only bowshop even close to you. But there is a active archery club in merrit find them. Most guys will let you try there stuff you mite even find a good used bow.

Thunderstix
12-03-2005, 08:25 AM
DO NOT be swayed over the Dark Side by these wheelie bow soothsayers....go with a Trad Bow!:grin:

3kills
12-03-2005, 11:41 AM
thanx for the advice guys..i m going to go to as many shops that carry bows that i can and try out what i can...if i could find a good used bow i would buy one but then again i still dont what i m lookin for...some one could put one up for sale and i think its a great deal i dont want to buy soemthing thats not a good deal...tstix i m going to get a trad bow eventaully too...why not try them both eh :D

Thunderstix
12-03-2005, 12:32 PM
You are probably doing it right starting with a compound as the natural transition is compound to Longbow/Recurve.

Canuck2
12-03-2005, 12:40 PM
thanx for the advice guys

3kills, please, please don't mistake what Thunderstix said to you as 'advice'.;-) :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thunderstix
12-03-2005, 01:56 PM
3kills, please, please don't mistake what Thunderstix said to you as 'advice'.;-) :biggrin:
:mad: :biggrin:

BC4Bowhunter
12-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey 3Kills I know of a fellow that has a complete rig all set up for hunting with arrows, broadheads, case, targets, etc. Everything you need to get started. PM me if you are intrested. Find out what your draw length is, I know of a few good used bows for sale.

BC4Bowhunter