PDA

View Full Version : where wabbits live in bc?

weiss
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Hello people. I know I still owe you a good joke, but while I am still thinking - can someone direct me to a good location wher my son can shoot one or two rabbits (hare)? We invested in a few good 22 rifles over last few years, shot it a lot but never really shot anything other than a couple squirrels and a few quails. Thinking about finally driving up into BC interior this August and shooting rabbits. If there are rabbits.

Please give me your most secret rabbit huntung site :tongue: use PM if you have to. I will highly appreciate it and may trade you a good black bear site or something.

elkdom
06-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Hello people. I know I still owe you a good joke, but while I am still thinking - can someone direct me to a good location wher my son can shoot one or two rabbits (hare)? We invested in a few good 22 rifles over last few years, shot it a lot but never really shot anything other than a couple squirrels and a few quails. Thinking about finally driving up into BC interior this August and shooting rabbits. If there are rabbits.

Please give me your most secret rabbit huntung site :tongue: use PM if you have to. I will highly appreciate it and may trade you a good black bear site or something.

I can take you to places where you can see 100 rabbits in an hour, maybe more at times near dusk, certain areas up here in reg 7B, but I dont think you want to drive 2800 klms to shoot them bunnies!:|

landphil
06-25-2009, 01:11 AM
There are no were-rabbits in BC, the were-wolves ate them all:grin: On a more serious note, most "old" cutblocks with 10" or so trees growing will likely have at least some wascally wabbits especially late evening. Then again, I'm no rabbit hunting guru like some...

bowhunterbruce
06-25-2009, 05:04 AM
iv'e always found they prefer secondary roads and around replanted cut blocks that are more then 10 years old.they love the grass around the sides of roads but older hardly used roads tend to produce way more then others.
on a second note bunnies run on a 7 year cycle where thier population will peak every 7th year then they will have a pretty substancial die off.even oppertunities for hunting lynx and bobcat will change in accordance with thier population as they are thier mainstay diet.
on a side note ya shoulda been in kelowna a cpl years ago with hundreds running around everywhere and spreading very rapidly and they were all from idiots letting them go that were once pets.
shhhhhhhhh,,,,were hunting wabbits.
bruce

Stone Sheep Steve
06-25-2009, 05:05 AM

I don't hunt quail but as far as I can tell from the regs....it's illegal to hunt quail with a rimfire. The only upland game birds for which you may use a rimfire are grouse, ptarmigan and turkey.
See pg 16
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/0809/docs/Hunting_Regulations.pdf

Not trying to stir the pot...just thought you should know.

SSS

FLHTCUI
09-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Head over to Vancouver Island and then make your way over to U-Vic.
However, I would not I repeat Would Not take any sort of firearms to the campus!!!
Oops, sorry couldn't resist.
Rob

Squamch
09-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Head over to Vancouver Island and then make your way over to U-Vic.
However, I would not I repeat Would Not take any sort of firearms to the campus!!!
Oops, sorry couldn't resist.
Rob

I just use the backtire of my trials bike when I ride there, it's not really challenging though...