PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Info

COHO
11-24-2005, 09:38 PM
I AM NEW TO THE FORUM AND I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT USED BOWS. I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN TO USE A BOW. WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN USED BOW?
MY BROTHER-INLAW HAS ABOUT 100KM OF LAND I AM ABLE TO HUNT ON WITH A BOW. I JUST KNEED TO LEARN HOW. :smile:

massntrash
11-24-2005, 10:15 PM
if youre going to hunt with a bow you should have the draw length matched to the individual shooter for maximum power stroke also the arrow leangth should corrispond i am just a bigginer also but HOYT brand are verry good the new fiberoptic sihgts are killer about 100$ OPTION and are universal try hub sports

Fred
11-25-2005, 12:03 AM
There are quite a few archers here. If you were to tell us where you are someone might be willing to meet with you for an informal session. Fred

J_T
11-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Yup, knowing where you live and where you want to hunt is a good idea. Someone might be able to assist you more directly.

As an introduction to bowhunting, you might want to consider taking the International Bowhunter Education Program (IBEP).

JT

PGKris
11-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Tell us where you are and what you want to shoot (compound or traditional) and one of us should know a good pro shop in your area. I suggest a Martin bow if you're going for compound shooting. Very forgiving and easy on the wallet. Also, I can nail squirrels from 30 meters with mine. GOOD fibre optic pin sights are a must. Scopes are not practical for hunting. Fill us in and we can help you out. Oh and by the way, you don't get good overnight! Join a club!
KRIS

Driftwood
11-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Check out "Buck Bows" Made in Winnipeg by the same company that make "Buck knives". I bought my compound 3 years ago and am very happy with it. The best feature for me was the LIFETIME unconditional warranty. The cost then was $295.00 plus shipping. From there I fitted it with the accessories that suited my needs.

If you do order something by mail or internet, make sure that you get measured up properly by someone who's in the know before you do.

bochunk2000
11-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey COHO I live in Brentwood. I would meet with you sometime and discuss this with you. I know a guy that is selling a good used bow also. PM me and we can hook up for a coffee. Steve.

COHO
12-01-2005, 11:26 PM
thanx for all the great info. I did not know where to start looking. I have only shot a compoud bow once and a re-curve once. I think I would like to use a compound. I would hunt for Black Tail and Mule Deer! Maybe in a few years! I am able to hunt a piece of private land neer Sooke, but only with a bow. I also would like to hunt neer Cowichan Lake! I do spend time up at the lake neer the vilage in the summer and winter.

The only store I have looked in for a bow is Island Outfitters. Any other good shops to look in?

Tuffcity
12-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Coho,

You might (make that 'should') want to go and talk to Bill at Westcoast Archery in Cowichan Bay.#250-733-2218. He's your best best. Also pop up to the "turkey shoot" at the Vic Fish & Game club (on the Malahat) on Sunday I'm sure there'd be more than enough guys around who would let you try out their rig and/or answer your questions.

RC