PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing Vanderhoof Area

KBM
11-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Just curious if anyone from the Vanderhoof area could give me any ideas where to go ice fishing up there? I'm heading up there during christmas to visit the gf's family. The only lake that's relatively close to their house is Echo lake. Any suggestions?

Ride
11-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Well if the area gets cold anytime before then you can always try Cobb lake. Its usually good fishing. Its about 40 kms east of the 'hoof or so. Turn off the highway onto i can't rmember the name but i am pretty sure it starts with an F. Its a left. Someone on here has to know. Other than that just get a map and ask some locals when you're there.

Gus
11-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Well if the area gets cold anytime before then you can always try Cobb lake. Its usually good fishing. Its about 40 kms east of the 'hoof or so. Turn off the highway onto i can't rmember the name but i am pretty sure it starts with an F. Its a left. Someone on here has to know. Other than that just get a map and ask some locals when you're there.

I think it's the Finmore?

PGKris
11-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Ya finmoore road to Cobb. Echo lake is great for brookies. There's some good sized ones in there too. If you're brave, take the road past Echo to Fish lake and you will nail rainbows all day. This would be a great lake to take any kids to. There's a milion rainbows in that lake but not many will go over 14". Great fun. Good luck. Hopefully the lakes will freeze soon??

todbartell
11-23-2005, 12:32 PM
echo lake is real good in the winter, at least it *used* to be, I havent been there in about 8 years :-o

Schmaus
11-23-2005, 02:24 PM
I fish cobb lake quite a bit in the summer. If you fly fish you can do really well right in the weeds in front of the campsite. I have only ice fished it a couple of times and I don't really remember if it was very good or not (probaly not if I can't remember). Ice fishing is just not enough excitement for me.:lol:

KBM
11-23-2005, 03:03 PM
That's awesome guys thanks a million for your help

PGKris
11-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I fish cobb lake quite a bit in the summer. If you fly fish you can do really well right in the weeds in front of the campsite. I have only ice fished it a couple of times and I don't really remember if it was very good or not (probaly not if I can't remember). Ice fishing is just not enough excitement for me.:lol:

Cobb can be excellent in winter but I find it too big and there's usually a crowd. Echo will produce some nice brookies for you.