PDA

View Full Version : Strange bird

Lil Bow Pete
05-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Just got back from another try for turkey. Sit and call for hours and get nothing then go back for lunch and they are gobbling all around the camp site. I don't get it. I got up the other morning and put my coffee on the stove. Took a walk down to the cut block and I hear some gobbling. Next thing I know there is a tom walking right by me at 30yds. I had no camo, no bow, nothing. When you hunt them they don't show. When you relax they are every where. Brain the size of a pea but they sure make me feel stupid. Don't get me wrong, I had a great trip and I enjoyed every encounter with these birds. I just hope that one day I can see one that close when I am ready for him. Really enjoying the challenge. Might be a long time before I find one with my arrow in it.

Chuck
05-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Get along good with your relatives?
Maybe someone put a hex on you.

Patrick
05-05-2009, 11:55 AM
There is an article in the latest "Grey's Sporting Journal' by a hunter who spends a week hunting turkeys in prime territory with lots of gobbling in the area, but never gets a shot. He and his partener speculate that turkeys have an extra sense. You might enjoy the article.

goatdancer
05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
There is an article in the latest "Grey's Sporting Journal' by a hunter who spends a week hunting turkeys in prime territory with lots of gobbling in the area, but never gets a shot. He and his partener speculate that turkeys have an extra sense. You might enjoy the article.

It was probably a few other hunters who couldn't figure out why they heard lots of gobbling but no birds either. :biggrin: