PDA

View Full Version : A Foggy Day At Canoe Pass

CamoChris30-30
11-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I whent to Canoe Pass today to do some pass shooting. I was in my blind\log and bull reeds at 7am and stayed till 10am do to my 50 rounds used up. It was so foggy I couldn't see much but much couldn't see me, when I did see a duck i knew it was in range. I could hear lots of snows but didn't see any except one lonley juvanile that must have been lost in the fog and flew a little to close to me so I had to help him find his way, right to my dinner plate. I could hear lots of ducks out on the water and about every 10 min or so one or two would fly by and I would get a couple shots off I should have hit more but o well.It was hard to look all around. The ducks came into view so fast if you weren't looking in the general direction all you saw was it flying away. I ended up with 1 snow, 1 mallard hen, 1 wigeon drake, 1 wigeon hen, 1 teal hen that had no colour speculum wich might have been a pin tail, I don't know if the hen's tails are like the drakes any info on that would be great. I also got 1 snipe wich has less meat than a chicken nugget. It was a great time.

ex bc guide
11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
sounds like a great day CC,to bad for fog.I will be heading out mid week to try my luck at it with the new shotgun!
Mike

CamoChris30-30
11-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I actually liked the fog alot. all the ducks were flying low. And I didn't get upset that ducks were flying elswere and move, for all I know the only ducks flying were the ones that came right by me.So I had the prfect spot. Or so I tell myself

Freshtracks
11-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I also got 1 snipe wich has less meat than a chicken nugget.

:confused: 1 snipe .... are you sure you're shooting snipe? Also if this snipe :roll: was so small, why would you shoot it CC?

I think you should review page 36 in the region 2 regs ... the note under Coots and Common Snipe.:oops:

ex bc guide
11-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Is canoe pass roberts bank or boundry bay?
Mike

Freshtracks
11-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Its north of Roberts Bank ... actual landmark name is Brunswick foreshore.

CamoChris30-30
11-21-2005, 08:04 AM
It is still legal to hunt them at canoe pass. As far as so little meat if I got 10 of them it would have been a good meal, however it'll be an apatiser before the duck and my grandfather said they are very difficult to hunt and tast excellent.

Freshtracks
11-21-2005, 08:59 PM
It is still legal to hunt them at canoe pass. As far as so little meat if I got 10 of them it would have been a good meal, however it'll be an apatiser before the duck and my grandfather said they are very difficult to hunt and tast excellent.
Legal yes ... but you really didn't understand the footnote did you. :rolleyes: And were you sure it was a Common Snipe or Dunlin?

BCHunter
11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
snipes are fun to shoot at...

I also got 1 snipe which has less meat than a chicken nugget man when i read that I laughed so hard!

Freshtracks
11-23-2005, 11:25 PM
snipes are fun to shoot at... :oops:

:rolleyes: ... aahhh ... should we bother? Naaah.