PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal?

Yalapaja
11-19-2005, 08:51 PM
I have went to my local archery shop to find out my cost. From what I have found out this shop seems to be very good and the person that helped me seemed to be intrested in everything I said.

Bow Hoyt UltraSport $469.00
I need a bow with a longer draw as I am taller so I have longer arms
Whisked Biscuit $67.49
Shockblock Stabilizer $35.00
Irimos Release $57.50
Deep $6.78
Sight $64.95
Sling $9.75
Arrows $75
base $54.00 <-- His writing a little hard to see here so I don't know if this is what he wrote. I don't even know what allot of this stuff is.

The total is $839.67 + GST

I wanted to buy from my local shop as then I get a set up and a lesson from them. Also then I start to get to know the people in the shop. Please tell me your opinion on all this.

sealevel
11-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Thats a good price on the bow its a good one thats what arrows cost you get a good rest the release i am not familar with i have no idea what a deep is or a base. Its all likly a good price at least you will be able to use it rite away cause its a package deal .

oldtimer
11-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Not a fan of whisker biscuits. Your draw length should not have anything to do with the price.
Sea level i think he means a Peep and a primos release. Not familiar either. Overall price is good but don't know how many arrows and what kind so can't comment on that price.
Maybe base is supposed to be "case"
Mike

Yalapaja
11-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Not a fan of whisker biscuits. Your draw length should not have anything to do with the price.
Sea level i think he means a Peep and a primos release. Not familiar either. Overall price is good but don't know how many arrows and what kind so can't comment on that price.
Maybe base is supposed to be "case"
Mike

What are you a fun of and why? Why don't you like whisker biscuits?

Fred
11-20-2005, 12:54 AM
There are fans of the W/B and there are some who absolutely hate them. I use one because I got tired of my arrows falling off of the rest. It does affect my groups a mite but the Bow and rest are more capable than I am so I don't really mind. Fred

oldtimer
11-20-2005, 07:54 AM
I have never used a whisker biscuit but I have one in a drawer someplace i think. I won it. I like my Tropy taker drop away rest which I started using this year on my target bow. My hunting bow has just a standard rest, don't even know the name. WillyQ can give you a lot more info than I can and so can Kirby probably.
Whisker biscuits add drag to your arrow and thus affect speed and I believe the drag is never the same so speed is never the same. Mike

sealevel
11-20-2005, 08:39 AM
whisker bisquits are great rests i had an origanel wb if you are doing alot of shooting they are hard on fletching but i hear the new ones are better.
The other thing i didn`t like about the wb i am a right hand shot and had to move the wb quite a bit left of center to get it to hit what i aim at. All that said if i had a bow strickly for hunting it would have a wb on it.

Yalapaja
11-20-2005, 11:27 AM
All that said if i had a bow strickly for hunting it would have a wb on it.

Why would you have a wb for hunting? Are they more consistent for hunting? What the prices on rests you guys talk about. What there advantages and disadvantages?

sealevel
11-20-2005, 12:56 PM
A wb for hunting is a very good contanment rest it does not rattle you can tip the bow upside down any way you like the arrow will not fall out. The rest i use is a trophy taker it cost about 110 bucks. But cobra make a good rest i saw for about 70 dollars a tko from gold key is good for 60 or a nap all good drop away a ripcord is a good contanment drop away not sure of the cost. There are lots of good rests i can not tell you what to buy you will have to do like the rest of us buy and sell tell you get what you want good luck.

BlacktailStalker
11-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a good deal. A lesson is always nice starting out... Hoyts are beauty, I shoot a Hoyt Cybertech. I went extensive overboard on everything, tipped $2,000 all said and done. Good luck, its addicting.