PDA

View Full Version : help with my scope

bsa30-06
11-19-2005, 04:42 PM
i have a bushnell trophy mounted on my 30-06 last week i cleaned this gun and the scope after a hunt and put it away, this week i pulled it out to get ready for a day hunt on sunday and found what appears to be a chip in the objective lens. This chip also appears to be on the inside of the objective lens as you can not feel it if you run your finger over it.Can anybody tell me if they have had this happen to them or how this might happen .This gun was never dropped or banged around and the scope has no dents or marks in it to indicate that it happened from being abused.I guess i'll have to use my back up gun tomorrow my 308 win with a leupy on top. Thanxs for any info you guys can provide.

Steeleco
11-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Perhaps a small piece of debrit has come loose inside and found it's way to the glass, try to bump the recoil pad on a carpeted floor to see if you can dislodge it I too have a trophy, they are not the greatest scopes but it may just be a speck that got missed in the QC process. I don't think the POI will have changed if like you say the scope was not hit or such but if you have a back up I'd use it till the .06 can be tested at a range.

bsa30-06
11-19-2005, 04:55 PM
i don't think the poi would have changed either because i'm 100% sure this scope or gun was never banged around this gun is my baby.i'm concerned with what might happen if this is a chip in the glass and i do fire a round or two thru it.i will try to see if it is a speck of dirt on the inside thanxs steeleco