PDA

View Full Version : whats needed to hunt alberta ?

born2hunt
04-19-2009, 11:25 AM
what is needed and where are we from bc allowed to hunt in alberta for whitey's . ive lived in bc all my life and never had the chance to do an alberta hunt and would love to take my kids there for a deer hunt, can anyone help us out? with info please

elkdom
04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
are you looking for a TROPHY hunt in particular Alberta Zone or just to hunt whitetails?

whitetailsheds
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Just a Hunter Host. Resi of AB. Did it last year for the first time with brother. Very easy process. First need to get WIN number/ card. (Wildlife Identification Number). About $10, then can get Non-resi license (about $30) and WT tag (about$122), IIRC.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/

PGK
04-19-2009, 02:36 PM
For a whitey, you're into about $200 for everything whitetailsheds mentioned. Tags are where they get ya, nothing less than about $120, but if I remember their waterfowl licenses are dirt cheap, and it would be hard to beat an early season waterfowl hunt over a good pea field. The fee for a Hunter Host is $26 if I remember right.

Blainer
04-19-2009, 02:48 PM
I hunted Sask. last year.
Very easy,ordered lisc. on-line,and no host was required.
Very hunter friendly province.

digger dogger
04-19-2009, 04:37 PM
i do beleive you have to get yer W.I.N # in alberta. i don't think you can gettem over the computer or mail ( i may be wrong )if you don't have a host you gotta move there to hunt.. (get yer antelope draw in it takes 5 to 7 yrs to get at this point) well worth it. tags are rape.$$$ but again well worth it.

born2hunt
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
any ideas where to go ? grande prarrie maybe? i dunno i know i wanna go bad lol i worked in cold lake for a year there was mad mulies and whitey's there but had no time to hunt them:( and the people didnt seem overly friendly about us bcer's there. and i was told i could go to the local post office here for my w,i,n card is that true ?

d6dan
04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I have a WIN card on its way. $8.40 done deal. now just waiting for there LEH's to come out. You need to have a resident of Alta to be with you when hunting. www.albertarelm.com (http://www.albertarelm.com) will give you all the info you need..Good luck....Dan

whitetailsheds
04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey born2, wt's are all over in AB. Yes, GP has some good areas, as does Slave Lake. Athabasca. My old stomping grounds of west central AB, Rimbey/ Medicine Lake/ Rocky Mtn House. One factor would be where your Hunter Host is familiar with.

pazura19
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
im pretty sure people from BC can go hunt in alberta for the last week of the season? late november or something.
my family is planning on doing this but we have no idea on where in the province to go, if anyone could lead us in some direction it would be great??

bowhunterbruce
04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
im pretty sure people from BC can go hunt in alberta for the last week of the season? late november or something.
my family is planning on doing this but we have no idea on where in the province to go, if anyone could lead us in some direction it would be great??
it is sask that allows non resident canadians to hunt there during the last week in nov. every year and thats for rifle hunting,not alberta.all you need once ya get there is a drivers licience and your care card or sin card.no hunter host or local resident required in sask.
in alta you must have a hunter host first.

Gunner
05-10-2009, 05:07 PM
This will apparently be the last year that Canadian Non Residents can just go to Saskatchewan and buy a tag for Whitetails.Due to pressure from G/Os, in 2010 I believe it will go to a draw to limit numbers, Gunner

whitetailsheds
05-10-2009, 07:16 PM

Let us know how this works out...never heard of this other than in Saskabush.

digger dogger
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
nov 1st most places in alta, w/t & mulie. mulie is draw only in the southern part. like 6dan says check winrelm.com or albertarelm.com..the biggest buck i have seen or is it saw was in drumheller.. it takes a while for that draw, (5-7 years) "host only 4 non res canadian"

Duk Dog
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
http://www.mywildalberta.com/hunting.aspx

double gun
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Just a Hunter Host. Resi of AB. Did it last year for the first time with brother. Very easy process. First need to get WIN number/ card. (Wildlife Identification Number). About $10, then can get Non-resi license (about $30) and WT tag (about$122), IIRC.

This is pretty much bang on. Your hunter host cant take pay or reward for taking you....so its usually a friend or relative. I host for my brother from Sask every year. I live near Athabasca, and yes there are a lot of whitetails all over. If your host is a land owner thats great, but if not I would look to areas like Slave lake and other areas where there is more crown land...as permission can sometimes be a pain to get especially for out of province hunters. If I can help you out with other questions feel free to PM me.

d6dan
05-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Recieved my Win Card last week. The draws are coming out June2/09 til june25/09. apparently the dates from year to year vary.